Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 06:26 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,284,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
In my view you are completely loosing it to the point of derangement. No need to insult others, specially if you are a "professor." Prove your points in a sane manner, and people may listen.
I speak the truth, and I am "losing it to the point of derangement?" No. Your response is simply the typical enraged response to a truth that people don't want to hear.

The truth about what happens to animals in this culture could be served up on a golden platter with silk napkins, and the gentlest language in the world, and people would still not listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You are. And naive. And self-righteous.

When 1 in 100 calves make it in a calfing season - that is a problem.

The fact remains - since the culling program that number has risen to 39 in a 100. I would think you would applaud that.
No, I am not.

Source of the "fact" your quote?

Old 02-08-2009, 06:28 PM

20,295 posts, read 37,216,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I'm sorry, but it appears that you are wrong.

Sarah Palin, predator control, shooting wolves | Salon
Do you really want me to believe some inaccurate article from a political electronic rag, when i can get the numbers myself from F&G? Don't you realize that this data is gathered from the harvest reports that must be submitted by every hunter? Not filing the harvest report is punishable by law.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:30 PM

20,295 posts, read 37,216,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I speak the truth, and I am "losing it to the point of derangement?" No. Your response is simply the typical enraged response to a truth that people don't want to hear.

The truth about what happens to animals in this culture could be served up on a golden platter with silk napkins, and the gentlest language in the world, and people would still not listen.
No. You are losing it when you are insulting others in this forum. You have been nice enough to me, however.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Do you really want me to believe some inaccurate article from a political electronic rag, when i can get the numbers myself from F&G? Don't you realize that this data is gathered from the harvest reports that must be submitted by every hunter? Not filing the harvest report is punishable by law.
Look, data gathered from hunters is highly questionable. Everybody knows that.

That "political electronic rag" includes commentary from Alaska wildlife biologists. F&G, in fact, is far less reliable, in terms of accurate information.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
No. You are losing it when you are insulting others in this forum. You have been nice enough to me, however.
I did not mean to "insult" anyone. I find it very hard to digest, however, when people take a light-hearted and mocking attitude when it comes to cruelty to animals. I think if you were to read this thread from the beginning, you would understand what I mean.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but it appears that you are wrong.
You expect an interpretation from Salon to be unbiased, objective and without and agenda?

Week in review: Alaska News | adn.com

Quote:
Slaughtering wolves on the Alaska Peninsula appears to have had the desired effect -- more caribou got a chance to live, according to biologists with the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. As ugly and as politically incorrect as the wolf killing might seem to some, they said, the helicopter gunning that took place earlier this year saved caribou, especially young caribou, from being eaten alive. Fall surveys of the Southern Alaska Peninsula caribou herd completed in October found an average of 39 calves per 100 cows. That's a dramatic improvement from fall counts of only 1 calf per 100 cows in 2006 and 2007.
The orignial story from ADN is in one or more of CD threads. Better yet, go to the Alaska F&G - I'm sure they have the report, since it comes from that department.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Look, data gathered from hunters is highly questionable. Everybody knows that.

That "political electronic rag" includes commentary from Alaska wildlife biologists. F&G, in fact, is far less reliable, in terms of accurate information.

Let's just agree to disagree.
You.must.be.kidding.

Alaskan F&G, biologists and conservationists are less reliable than an internet blog?

I pity the parents of the students you are "teaching".

Old 02-08-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You.must.be.kidding.

Alaskan F&G, biologists and conservationists are less reliable than an internet blog?

I pity the parents of the students you are "teaching".
Your insults aside, sources must be vetted. Not all biologists and conservationists agree on wildlife management. And government agencies--as has been pointed out to you before--are hardly across-the-board reliable sources of dispassionate/apolitical information.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Another source of information. Already posted before, and that no doubt will be ignored again, but just for the record.

http://www.defenders.org/resources/p...gov._palin.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies