Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:05 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,093,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
I went to school with the poor and minorities and they were afforded the same education as the rest of us.Most of my classmates were of lower,middle class only a few had free lunch tickets now most all students here are on assistance their parents on welfare with no future of employment and they don't care as long as Uncle Sam comes thru every month.

The property tax paying citizens raised their own taxes to build new schools here a few years back we initiated Obama's no child left behind before he did.Does that make better students by building new schools,computers,media courses with their own T.V. station.NO.
Its the teachers unions and the Dept. of Education that are responsible for our childrens education and they have failed miserably.No brain surgeons hear...everything as far as I'am concerned has gone down hill since the Dept of Education was created.
Obama's NCLB? I don't think so! It was Bush's baby. It's frustrating when people post about education w/o knowing the facts, including this one: there has been a dept. of education since 1867. That is not a typo.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:40 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,010,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Obama's NCLB? I don't think so! It was Bush's baby. It's frustrating when people post about education w/o knowing the facts, including this one: there has been a dept. of education since 1867. That is not a typo.
I know whos initiative it was Obama is Bush's after birth...same plan new name costs more...Jimmy Carter's Dept of Education May of 1980?

1867 they taught creationism most all believed in GOD...remember reciting the Lords Prayer and the Pledge.?

Old 10-08-2011, 08:46 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,902,680 times
Why do Repubs hate Educating the public? Err, so there Remedial Language talking points don't get overly scrutinized by the lap dog followers, of course!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:49 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,496,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Now I'm not talking about all Republicans. But ever since I got my teaching degree, I noticed that conservatives, in general have a much more hostile attitude toward public ed. than liberals. My Democrat friends have always encouraged me in my career choice, while some conservative friends act like "well...whatever floats your boat man...". One friend even tried to get me to switch careers because public schools were so "anti-God". I got the impression that you can't be a true conservative and agree with universal public education. I really believe that what I'm doing is very beneficial to society.

Now I know public schools have problems, and there needs to be reform, but why are so many conservatives wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater?
Oh, this is easy! It's for the same reason Stalin and Hilter wanted to get rid of the intellectual and scientific segment of society because they'd have the ability to think and question things for themselves. You know, those people wouldn't march in lock-step to any tune put out there.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:51 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,873,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Why do Repubs hate Educating the public? Err, so there Remedial Language talking points don't get overly scrutinized by the lap dog followers, of course!
Please. The entire issue with the education system is directly based on the fact that what we're doing now is NOT educating the public or teaching them to think for themselves.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:53 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,093,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
I know whos initiative it was Obama is Bush's after birth...same plan new name costs more...Jimmy Carter's Dept of Education May of 1980?

1867 they taught creationism most all believed in GOD...remember reciting the Lords Prayer and the Pledge.?
If that last line is some attempt at humor, FAIL!

The Department of Education was split off from the old Department of Health Education and Welfare created by the Eisenhower administration in 1953. Prior to that, edcuation was not a cabinet level program, but there was a federal education dept.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Besides the 1867 Dept of Dumbdown was to help STATES with developing their school systems...THE STATES not a Federal agenda of BIG BROTHER,feely good DIVERSITY.Teach our kids to read,write some arts and industrail arts,math,science,and to think for themselves instead of an political left wing unionized idol worshiper[OBAMA]. LUV HIS SCHOOL BOOK AND ANTHEMS IN SCHOOLS TODAY

Old 10-08-2011, 08:55 AM

629 posts, read 774,160 times
Public ED costs to much and they do a pis poor job

Old 10-08-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
Public ED costs to much and they do a pis poor job
You know when I went to school politics were never a part of the experience but then the Lords Prayer became a issue...why is Obama praise,book and image being infused today...separation of church and state anyone?

When politics were discussed at a mature level [junior high] we didn't know of our teachers political preference they allowed open and free debate.I bet though all the English,Art and Music instructors were liberals where History,P.E. instructors were conservatives.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:19 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,101,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Please. The entire issue with the education system is directly based on the fact that what we're doing now is NOT educating the public or teaching them to think for themselves.
Not to mention no matter how much money is poured into the system it gets no better. All we ever hear is money,money,money but when they've gotten it the kids come out less and less prepared to face the world.
Time to make it competitive (vouchers) and see who can do what with the money allocated. If the government schools can't step up then they need to close 'em just like any business. Basic accountability for money vs value received is the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies