Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 10:43 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
How about 21 weeks and 5 days?

"James Elgin Gill (born on 20 May 1987 in Ottawa, Canada) was the earliest premature baby in the world. He was 128 days premature (21 weeks and 5 days gestation) and weighed 1 lb. 6 oz. (624 g). He survived and is quite healthy."

Preterm birth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What happens when medical science advances and it becomes 10 weeks?
Then they will change the latest date you can have an abortion. Because right now unless you are going to DIE or your fetus is deformed enough that it will DIE, you cannot have late term abortions legally. Back alleys are ALWAYS available unfortunately.

Quote:
What if the embryo could be removed from the mother and placed in another woman's womb?
Unless it could WALK right out of my womb and into another's womb without me having to undergo any medical procedures than SURE. Otherwise you are violating MY rights to decide what i do with MY BODY and whether i want to undergo something like that.

Quote:

BTW, my 91 year old father would not survive very long without someone taking care of him. Nor would my 4 week old nephew. I wonder if they have any rights?
That is such a stupid argument that has nothing to do with eagles or abortion. Old people and birthed infants are not the same because they do not RESIDE INSIDE OF YOU. They can live outside of you and have OTHER people care for them.

A fetus is a parasite until it comes out. It gets ALL its nutrients from the HOST and will take from that HOST even at the expense OF the host.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 11:26 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
A fetus is a parasite until it comes out. It gets ALL its nutrients from the HOST and will take from that HOST even at the expense OF the host.
I guess there is no hope here. A parasite? A two month old child gets all of its nutrients from the mother as well.....

Is a parasite's DNA human DNA? No. Then it is ok to kill it. Like a chicken for dinner. A mosquito that stings you...

Is an unborn baby's DNA human DNA? Yes.

Is the unborn baby's DNA the same as the mother's DNA? No. Then it is murder to kill it.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:28 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
last I heard, humans aren't an endangered species.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:17 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
I guess there is no hope here. A parasite? A two month old child gets all of its nutrients from the mother as well.....
No actually a 2 month old can get it's nutrients from formula and it lives OUTSIDE MY BODY. Nothing like a parasite.

parasite - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
2 : an organism living in, with, or on another organism in parasitism 3 : something that resembles a biological parasite in dependence on something else for existence or support without making a useful or adequate return

In fact I am carrying my 3rd little parasite currently, it's been about 30 weeks now.
Quote:

Is a parasite's DNA human DNA? No. Then it is ok to kill it. Like a chicken for dinner. A mosquito that stings you...
Is an unborn baby's DNA human DNA? Yes.

Is the unborn baby's DNA the same as the mother's DNA? No. Then it is murder to kill it.
What does human DNA have to do with it?

This information came from a OBSTETRICIAN. He stated that a pregnancy has all the same factors as a parasite. That the mother will suffer before the fetus/parasite does. It will rob the host/mother of all nutrients to feed itself.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:28 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times
Abortion is a necessity, IMO. Just think of a world without abortion. It would be chaotic.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:24 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
What happens when medical science advances and it becomes 10 weeks?
Just to note that this isn't the direction in which success is being found. There is a minimum level of development prior to which there just isn't enough of a foundation to build survivability on. That frontier has not been pushed back very far. What has been accomplished is significant improvement in super-preemie survivability and in reduction of some major disabilities associated with these births. Still, even with massive intervention, it is surviving to leave the hospital and surviving to the age of one year that remain the major markers. Cases such as James Gill are extreme outliers and are not illustrative of a level of capability that medical science has established.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:28 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,570,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
last I heard, humans aren't an endangered species.
Either were the Eagles. The Populations in Canada and Alaska are pretty much the same as they were 200 years ago. They were getting a bit thin down in the Lower 48, but they weren't endangered.

Same old crap they are pushing on alot of other wildlife that is doing just fine.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:45 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Funny how "MOST" of the folks that believe breaking the Eagle Egg is a crime, believe Killing an unborn child is OK, but war to protect the County and it's interest or the people of a Country who's leaders kill them in wholesale amounts, is bad.

Bright thing though, is that they are going to Abort themselves out of the gene pool in due time....

Total abortions since 1973 -- 38,010,378 give or take a few, that is a lot of missing Liberals voters...
I see you live in Alaska which has the country's dumbest governor but that's no excuse .....try a google of just who gets abortions...Republicans, Democrats, conservatives, christians, non-christians, old, young, liberal, atheists...etc.

I guess there were enough "liberal voters" to elect a Democrat as President...that's the right amount for me!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
What does human DNA have to do with it?

This information came from a OBSTETRICIAN. He stated that a pregnancy has all the same factors as a parasite. That the mother will suffer before the fetus/parasite does. It will rob the host/mother of all nutrients to feed itself.
That OBSTETRICIAN is one sick person. Comparing pregnancy to having a parasite....

As for DNA, it has everything to do with it. The unborn child is a separate human life from the mother. The DNA proves it. Take the DNA from an unborn child and from a 2 month old. Can anyone tell by the DNA whether the child has been born yet? Science proves that life begins at conception. Nothing to do with religion.

I am pro-life. I am against abortion except when the life of the mother is in danger. I am against the death penalty.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Abortion is a necessity, IMO. Just think of a world without abortion. It would be chaotic.
Yeah, the HORROR of those 40 million Americans aborted since 1973 being alive and living in the United States. The oldest would be about 35 now... I am sure if they had been given the choice, they would have preferred death...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies