Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 12:22 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,517,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
It seems pretty simple to me

Abortion= a legal medical procedure

Harming a Bald Eagle= illegal

In the eyes of the law and in mine, a Bald Eagle is worth much more than a nonviable collection of cells.

So every law is correct? In the eyes of the law same sex marriages arent worth as much as hetero marriages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 12:42 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Funny how "MOST" of the folks that believe breaking the Eagle Egg is a crime, believe Killing an unborn child is OK, but war to protect the County and it's interest or the people of a Country who's leaders kill them in wholesale amounts, is bad.

Bright thing though, is that they are going to Abort themselves out of the gene pool in due time....

Total abortions since 1973 -- 38,010,378 give or take a few, that is a lot of missing Liberals voters...

Often liberal parents produce conservative children and vice versa...your numbers are all just speculation.

Considering the amount of people in the world, if birth control fails then abortion should be turned to...at a much greater rate than it is now.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:46 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,853,847 times
Quote:
Considering the amount of people in the world, if birth control fails then abortion should be turned to...at a much greater rate than it is now.
Right. Because you believe there are too many people in the world, we should kill any that have not been born yet. How about the elderly? Handicapped? How far are you willing to take this?

Where is the evidence of this overpopulation crisis?

Old 02-11-2009, 12:48 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Right. Because you believe there are too many people in the world, we should kill any that have not been born yet. How about the elderly? Handicapped? How far are you willing to take this?

Where is the evidence of this overpopulation crisis?

Comparing a non viable group of cells with a living breathing human being is indicative of the kind of nonsense which comes out of the right wing pro life movement.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
It seems pretty simple to me
Abortion= a legal medical procedure
Harming a Bald Eagle= illegal
In the eyes of the law and in mine, a Bald Eagle is worth much more than a nonviable collection of cells.
When does this non-viability cross over to viability? Couldn't an embryo be removed from a woman after conception and then placed in another woman and it would be viable? If you leave the embryo alone, it will live. If you transplant it, it will live. If you abort it, it will die. Nature chooses life. It is people that choose either death or life.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:01 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,210,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Funny how "MOST" of the folks that believe breaking the Eagle Egg is a crime, believe Killing an unborn child is OK, but war to protect the County and it's interest or the people of a Country who's leaders kill them in wholesale amounts, is bad.

Bright thing though, is that they are going to Abort themselves out of the gene pool in due time....

Total abortions since 1973 -- 38,010,378 give or take a few, that is a lot of missing Liberals voters...
I read a study that said that approximately 80% of women who had abortions were self-described Christians, which means they were probably conservative. I think a conservative is much, much more likely to have an abortion because of the whole abstinence thing, conservative parents, shame, etc. And I think that you're pretty disgusting for a pro-life person. If you're pro-life you should just be pro-life. I personally don't think pro-life people are stupid, I just don't agree with them. But clearly you're neither pro-life for the right reasons or a Christian since you seem happy that "liberal babies" are being murdered. This is my problem with both sides, pro-lifers say that pro-choice people love to murder babies, pro-choice people say that it's just a clump of cells. I happen to disagree with both sides. I think the fact that a "clump of cells" that will become a baby is going to die is very sad. So on a personal level, I tend to disagree with abortion, especially in the cases of people who just didn't use a condom and were selfish. On the other hand, from a practical standpoint, people did use to get illegal abortions. Abortions will happen regardless of whether or not it's legal but now it's at least safer. Plus, we can never account for the reasons someone got pregnant. Incest and rape may be the exception to the rule but it would be beyond sad if someone who'd experienced either rape or incest wasn't able to get an abortion because some people were too self-righteous to let it happen.

Another thing that I've said before and I'll say again, pro-lifers tend to live in this fantasy world where thousands of straight, Christian couples are waiting to adopt these infants who are aborted and this is simply not the case. The reality is that these couples are waiting for a WHITE infant to adopt. Conservatives don't think that gay couples or single parents should adopt but they're making up a greater and greater percentage of adoptive parents every year. So if you're truly pro-life, put your money where your mouth is and adopt a child of ANY race. Until then, you don't really have a leg to stand on.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Comparing a non viable group of cells with a living breathing human being is indicative of the kind of nonsense which comes out of the right wing pro life movement.
Comparing a the rights of a bird egg with an unborn child is indicative of the kind of nonsense which comes out of the left wing pro abortion movement.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:31 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,457,799 times
Quote:
I read a study that said that approximately 80% of women who had abortions were self-described Christians, which means they were probably conservative. I think a conservative is much, much more likely to have an abortion because of the whole abstinence thing, conservative parents, shame, etc. And I think that you're pretty disgusting for a pro-life person. If you're pro-life you should just be pro-life. I personally don't think pro-life people are stupid, I just don't agree with them. But clearly you're neither pro-life for the right reasons or a Christian since you seem happy that "liberal babies" are being murdered. This is my problem with both sides, pro-lifers say that pro-choice people love to murder babies, pro-choice people say that it's just a clump of cells. I happen to disagree with both sides. I think the fact that a "clump of cells" that will become a baby is going to die is very sad. So on a personal level, I tend to disagree with abortion, especially in the cases of people who just didn't use a condom and were selfish. On the other hand, from a practical standpoint, people did use to get illegal abortions. Abortions will happen regardless of whether or not it's legal but now it's at least safer. Plus, we can never account for the reasons someone got pregnant. Incest and rape may be the exception to the rule but it would be beyond sad if someone who'd experienced either rape or incest wasn't able to get an abortion because some people were too self-righteous to let it happen.

Another thing that I've said before and I'll say again, pro-lifers tend to live in this fantasy world where thousands of straight, Christian couples are waiting to adopt these infants who are aborted and this is simply not the case. The reality is that these couples are waiting for a WHITE infant to adopt. Conservatives don't think that gay couples or single parents should adopt but they're making up a greater and greater percentage of adoptive parents every year. So if you're truly pro-life, put your money where your mouth is and adopt a child of ANY race. Until then, you don't really have a leg to stand on.
christian doesn't mean conservative, and it would be faulty logic to assume that because most christians are (for the sake of argument) conservative, then those christians that turn to abortion must be from the same subset.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:35 PM

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And why the **** would anyone break a bald eagle egg on purpose? That makes no sense at all. Just don't do it.

Bald Eagle Facts and Information (http://www.eagles.org/moreabout.html - broken link)
Scrabbled eggs anyone?

Old 02-11-2009, 01:45 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Scrabbled eggs anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies