Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 04:28 PM

295 posts, read 320,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by questionwhy View Post
i agree, until they are all dead we must stay vigalant, the mccain campaign put me in touch with a dark side of humanity i thought no longer existed

these people need to die, should they be outright killed? No but they need to die just to know their kind is no longer welcome in this world, when they are all dead humanity will begin to improve, hopefully they will die painful deaths as well, and think of me when they are on their death bed

everyday i have to drive through the dark side of the city it makes me face reality, are these people human beings?

Face it the confederate flag is not killing you but those drugs that you infect american society with are affecting every amercan,red, white, and blue!!!!

Now did any of us talk about killing you or anybody for that matter?

It seems to me you are harboring alot of hatred inside of yourself.

Go to a flag store and buy yourself a flag of your choice and fly that flag, maybe this will make you feel better about yourself or perhaps buy a confederate flag, the proceeds will go to helping preserve confederate heritage!!!!

Remember stars&bars does not hate you but please show some respect for others!!!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 04:30 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,070,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
YOU ARE DAMN RIGHT, A HELL OF A LOT OF WORK HAS TO BE DONE.
It took Federal troops to integrate American schools and lets talk about Little Rocks Central High School!
OH LORD, what a mess compared to when it was all-White, the drugs, gangs, thugs, and now metal detectors at the school door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, please do tell me about those white only rest rooms and schools and I will tell you first hand that they were the good old days!!!!
Today I see this black dude with some young teenage white girl, he's driving a $75,000 BMW sport utility vehicle and he sure as hell is alot older than she, one thing to my mind drug dealing pimp!

I really don't want to fall in the stereotyping business but when I hear "hate the south", treason, and should be hung, I thought I'd add some personal detail.

Now when I see the Obama sticker on ones bumper, I say no need for special treatment, no naacp, and start integrating those HISTORICALLY all-black universities.

NO HARD FEELINGS, BRO!!!!!
You prove my point, Reconstruction ended much too soon. Where is General Sherman when we have some minds to get right?

Old 03-14-2009, 04:36 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
I think I'll put the Stars and Bars on the flagpole next to the United States flag.

If my daughter were not on spring break in Mexico - I'd take out the stars and bars towel - but alas - she took it with her.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:42 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,070,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I think I'll put the Stars and Bars on the flagpole next to the United States flag.

If my daughter were not on spring break in Mexico - I'd take out the stars and bars towel - but alas - she took it with her.
While your at it put your picture of Jane Fonda out and raise your Viet Cong flag too.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:44 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
While your at it put your picture of Jane Fonda out and raise your Viet Cong flag too.
Nah - Fonda is on the dart board.

She is a traitor IMO to the United States.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:48 PM

295 posts, read 320,688 times
Quote:
You prove my point, Reconstruction ended much too soon. Where is General Sherman when we have some minds to get right?
Why, because I post facts and not crap that some of you post! I don't need to follow those who distort the historical facts?
I have seen posts wishing people dead, hung, and shot yet we on this post were only asked about a Confederate flag and Good Lord all of this!
I do find it interesting though that after 100 plus years we are honoring this flag and the heritage associated with it!!!

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU, KEEP IT FLYING!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 04:52 PM

362 posts, read 775,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
I'm the proud owner of a Confederate Battleflag, as an homage to my Scots-Irish heritage, the Scots-Irish being instrumental in the fundamental construction of this nation and the spearhead of its manifest destiny.

The flag is derived from the St. Andrew's Cross, the national flag of Scotland:

Every man or woman of Scots-Irish heritage should own a Confederate Battleflag and fly it from time to time in honor of their Celtic heritage.
On this day(St. Patrick's Day) I have to admit I love this becuaes i can look to find the origin of this flag so thank you ames T

Old 03-15-2009, 12:44 AM

3 posts, read 4,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
The fact is the Confederate flag was designed by a soveirgn country-THE CONFEDERATE STATES OF AMERICA and the Swastika was designed by Adolph Hitler himself!
Do you really know the history of the Swastika and what it means?
Should we also consider the flag of Israel repressive too? Face the truth the Jews stole land from the Palestinians and forced to live in inhumane conditions!
Another fact the US flag also represents racist bigotry against native American Indians and to the very first African Americans that were put on those slave ships-DID YOU SEE THE US OR CONFEDERATE FLAG?
REALLY NOW, WHAT FLAG IS MORE RACIST AND REPRESENTS HATRED?????????????

Leave the Jews out of this conversation. The Jews are already being unjustly blamed for everything that is wrong in he world. Leave them alone!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 01:29 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,616,607 times
Quote:
Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Pretty clear.
In addition to your supercilious and condecending demenor, are you just a glutton for punishment, RL?

You keep it up with this "treason" charge...but avoid addressing the fact that even the most vindictive of northern radicals acknowleged that the charge would not stand up in court. In fact, would have made fools of them.

First of all, to address your "Section 3" definition of treason?

It can only apply if those commiting the act were still within the said United States (i.e. northern states which kept the name by default). As it was, the Southern states seperated themselves, thru proper legislative means, from a political connection with the northern states, and formed their own country. Later, defended themselves from invasion.

After it was over, many would have loved nothing more than to "hang" some of the prominent Southern leaders. BUT...welll:

Chief Justice Salmon P. Chase told Edwin Stanton that "If you bring these leaders to trial, it will condemn the North, for by the Constitution, secession is not rebellion...His (Jeff Davis') capture was a mistake. His trial will be a greater one. We cannot convict him of treason."

Also, a key player, Judge Franz Lieber said "After studying more than 270,000 Confederate documents, seeking evidence against Davis, the court discouraged the War Department: 'Davis will be found not guilty,' Lieber reported 'and we shall stand there completely beaten'."

Purty damn clear, huh?

Oh yeah, by the way? Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them,

"Them? Does that in itself not solidify that the soveriegn states were just that?

Last edited by TexasReb; 03-15-2009 at 01:42 AM..

Old 03-15-2009, 01:49 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,616,607 times
Quote:
Honor Jewish soldiers? Wow I guess that wipes the slate clean for slavery.
I know you didn't address the question to me, but since you ask such a rhetorical question, it suggests you have an answer. I personally don't know. But you must.

So tell us all, how DOES one wipe the slate clean for slavery? And where does it start? At what point in time?

With the South in 1861? The yankee slave traders? The Africans who sold their own into slavery? The Greeks...the Romans...the cavemen?

Would love to hear your answer...

Last edited by TexasReb; 03-15-2009 at 02:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies