Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 06:35 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,140,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Phingerbyngur View Post
So pothead losers will have even less money, and resort to even more crime? Are you kidding?
There are people who are alcoholic losers, who under the influence of alcohol commit violent crimes and drive drunk. However, not everyone who drinks alcohol is a loser. Moderation is key. Excess of anything is bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
So, why would anyone buy it, and pay a high sales tax when they could grow it for free?
Tobacco is legal. But the cigarette industry is a billion dollar a year industry.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:43 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,770,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Tobacco is legal. But the cigarette industry is a billion dollar a year industry.
Wait till that industry puts their scientists and enormous R&D budgets on enhancing the addictive properties of marijuana or creating new addictive properties(nicotine laced marijuana, brilliant!).

Old 02-23-2009, 06:49 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
I'm seriously considering a new career as an unlicensed pharmacist.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
Wait till that industry puts their scientists and enormous R&D budgets on enhancing the addictive properties of marijuana or creating new addictive properties(nicotine laced marijuana, brilliant!).
I don't think anybody would buy it. They would want it all natural. Naturally tobacco has nicotine so there is no way around the physically addictive substance. Marijuana naturally does not have anything physically addictive about it.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:14 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raellis28 View Post
Captain Phingerbyngur
Pothead Losers ???? I know Doctors and Lawyers who smoke pot. Get over your fear.
Bad example Dude

Old 02-23-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I don't think anybody would buy it. They would want it all natural. Naturally tobacco has nicotine so there is no way around the physically addictive substance. Marijuana naturally does not have anything physically addictive about it.
Physically no, mentally yes.

The price will be cheap relative to growing it(economies of scale) and quality will be evened out. Instead of home growing with special equipment and care, or buying from the local dealer at a marked up price, you'll goto the market and buy it cheaper with better quality control measures. Don't tell me that potsmokers give a crap. All the potsmoking friends I have smoke cigarettes in public and they sure as hell don't grow or roll their own. The serious hippy types, sure, but the 18 year old college dropout? Nah. Which one do you think makes up the greater population of potsmokers? I don't think it's the serious hippy type

Old 02-23-2009, 07:29 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Legalizing pot is a no brainer. As soon as the gray haired folks in the upper echelon of National Government die, more progressive politicians will make sure it is legalized. Marijuana is a safe alternative to nicotine and alcohol, not to mention it's medicinal properties. Anyone who argues AGAINST legalization is woefully out of touch and not too bright. Nobody has EVER died from an overdose of marijuana. In a perfect world, alcohol would be classified as a controlled substance as it is MUCH more dangerous and harmful than cannabis. Many folks on our planet will die from alcohol poisoning this week. NONE will die from a marijuana overdose. HOWEVER, many folks will be murdered because of laws passed years ago by old, gray haired white men who took money from liquor and tobacco lobbyists. I worked as a mounted patrol police officer for concerts & large public gatherings for a metro NYC police department many years ago and even then, we were told to go after the kids who were drinking as they were the ones who would destroy the facility at the end of the evening. The kids who were smoking joints were going to get a box of cupcakes or eat 3 Big Macs at McDonalds would fill their stomachs and go home. So, any argument AGAINST legalizing pot is so absurd, it is not worth entertaining in any way, shape or form.
so we are now putting the newly elected politician in the catagory of while haired out farts, they would love that!!! what a shame and what an inmature statement.

Nita

Old 02-23-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Physically no, mentally yes.
Point taken. But like I said, people can use it in moderation. Just like alcohol.

Quote:
The price will be cheap relative to growing it(economies of scale) and quality will be evened out. Instead of home growing with special equipment and care, or buying from the local dealer at a marked up price, you'll goto the market and buy it cheaper with better quality control measures. Don't tell me that potsmokers give a crap. All the potsmoking friends I have smoke cigarettes in public and they sure as hell don't grow or roll their own. The serious hippy types, sure, but the 18 year old college dropout? Nah. Which one do you think makes up the greater population of potsmokers? I don't think it's the serious hippy type
Well, that is from your experience. My experience has been completely different growing up in the Bay Area. Of my friends who smoke pot, almost none also smoke cigarettes. As a matter of fact they despise them. A lot of what me and you can argue about is all based on assumptions. I personally think it should be legalized, especially when we consider more dangerous things out there (ie. alcohol, cigarettes) are legal.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
. I personally think it should be legalized, especially when we consider more dangerous things out there (ie. alcohol, cigarettes) are legal.
what ever happened to two wrongs dont make a right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies