Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 01:25 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,754,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
President Obama's exact words were, "You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done."

Hardly any way that can be construed as a threat of any type.

Paranoia strikes deep.
Why would someone with the status of President, even mention a radio personality? He did nothing but lift Limbaugh to great heights by raising concern over his show. He really has little power over the majority of people. What a crock and an excuse to filter the news to slant it towards the left. When you shut down the media, you shut down your country. But then the lemings on the left don't mind and makes it easier to follow each other over the cliff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 01:36 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Why would someone with the status of President, even mention a radio personality? He did nothing but lift Limbaugh to great heights by raising concern over his show. He really has little power over the majority of people. What a crock and an excuse to filter the news to slant it towards the left. When you shut down the media, you shut down your country. But then the lemings on the left don't mind and makes it easier to follow each other over the cliff.
Obama's mentioned Sean Hannity too, the same way. It's shorthand for a particular POV; everyone instantly recognized what he was saying. Rush grabbed the free publicity the way mice pick up crumbs - this was a good-sized crumb and he'd not have been the showman he is if he hadn't maximized his opportunity. I dont know why you wander over into "filter the news" and "shut down the media"; if you mean Obama is plotting a Fairness Doctrine that's just another manufactured right-wing poker to keep poking you with, keep you scared and angry, right where they want you.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:39 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Why would someone with the status of President, even mention a radio personality? He did nothing but lift Limbaugh to great heights by raising concern over his show. He really has little power over the majority of people...
That's the point: Mission Accomplished.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:53 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:

Possibly to paint Limbaugh as the porcine face of the republicans. The remark may have appeared offhand, but was quite likely planned.

Limbaugh's brand of BS just lost a presidential election Big Time. Presenting him as the titular head of the losers may be the Southern Strategy in reverse.

BTW - google the President's remark and read it for a change. President Obama said NOTHING about curtailing the media in the least. Limbaugh is the poster child for the Democrats. Why would they want him to shut up when he is winning elections for them?

Old 02-08-2009, 01:59 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Fortunately, this genetic disorder couldn't find a willing recipient for his worthless seed.

I hope all of his wives lied to him about wanting to conceive a child, and instead secretly went on the pill. It would've been even better if they had a child with the pool boy and Rush could've raised it believing it was his.
Could be none of them could get him to sleep with them. The National Examiner says he's gay.

Rush's last wife lived in a separate house from him, giving some credence to that theory. His wives may have been simply there for show.

If he is straight, however, it could be that none of them would let him get close enough. Would you want a child who looks like this?

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/femichel/limbaugh.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-08-2009, 01:59 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Quote:
Why would someone with the status of President, even mention a radio personality? He did nothing but lift Limbaugh to great heights by raising concern over his show.
I think the president has a duty to addres the GOP leadership. Which is exactly what he did.

Quote:
He really has little power over the majority of people. What a crock and an excuse to filter the news to slant it towards the left. When you shut down the media, you shut down your country. But then the lemings on the left don't mind and makes it easier to follow each other over the cliff.

Show me this "media shutdown" you speak of.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:15 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
from the press conference where Obama made this statement it was a reporter's question I believe about Limbaugh's statement "I hope he fails" in response to the stimulus package.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:50 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,844 times
Default Rush Limbaugh denounces Obama

I am not a Republican, I lean more towards Libertarian but I have to agree that Rush Limbaugh today touched on some very interesting issues. The whole thing about the gas tax increase is a total scam. Also, I still do not understand how can Obama think that raising taxes on people making more than 250K can be a good thing. Many of those people making 250K or more are business owners and if taxes are raised, how does Obama expect these small business owners to create more jobs? Rush can be an idiot sometimes but I have to agree with what he said today. I am also starting to feel like this country is headed in the wrong direction. I have never thought of myself as a Dittohead but Rush is starting to make a lot of sense!

Old 02-27-2009, 08:51 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,282,499 times
Those same people have had tax breaks for years now. Rather than creating more jobs, business simply outsourced those jobs.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:53 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
I totally feel we are headed in the wrong direction. I believe it is something like 80% of the 250 are small business I may have the % wrong but they are the largest number so hitting them is counter productive in my opinion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies