Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 02:18 AM

37,185 posts, read 19,241,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Explain that in more detail, please. What did Bush "destroy?"
Well, for openers, the surplus he inherited from Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 03:41 AM

451 posts, read 1,228,642 times
imho he is doing more harm than good. He actually has the power to do more uplifting things for America. Instead he continues the polarization of his demographic to only see the world 1 way. As you can see it from the post of his fans on this board, they tend to only want to see america be 1 way, and honestly a lot of them are blind to see the fact that we are in one of the worst times the modern world has seen. They only choose to see it when Obama was elected president. If Rush has used his power a few years back to inform we might be a differnet place right now.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
Lay off Rush, he is one of the best advocates for the Democrats. Just think of how he boosted Hillary's public image.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:22 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,174,375 times
Imo, gushing rush is an overpaid talking gas bag that stirs up controversy because he knows people with nothing else to do might stumble onto his show and need something to fill their time.
At least that is the impression I got of him years ago when I was surfing the channels and happened to listen to him for a very few minutes. Didn't take me long to figure out he was someone I had no desire to watch or listen to.
Sorta made me think of a big airbag that if someone had stuck a pin into, we wouldn't have needed a rocket to get a man to the moon. He would have got there from the thrust of his own escaping hot air.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:31 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Well, for openers, the surplus he inherited from Clinton.
Projected surplus.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:03 AM

37,185 posts, read 19,241,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Projected surplus.
Close enough. Did Bush leave a projected surplus (or any other kind, for that matter) when he left office?

Old 05-18-2009, 06:36 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times
Default How sad is it that a radio personality controls one of America's two political parties?

I guess it is possible to fall to even greater depths than this, but I shudder to think of a situation where things are even worse than at present for the GOP.

I truly hope they can shake off whatever has afflicted them

Old 05-18-2009, 07:25 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
Eisenhower
Jacob Javits
Everett Dirksen
Henry Cabot Lodge
Stephanie Tubbs Jones

Even Barry Goldwater are turning in their graves.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:37 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I guess it is possible to fall to even greater depths than this, but I shudder to think of a situation where things are even worse than at present for the GOP.

I truly hope they can shake off whatever has afflicted them
I have no idea what you are talking about because my radio listening is usually music, but I think it is even more tragic that two TV news agencies are Obama puppets.
I stopped listening to them and from what I hear, so have many other people. I don't turn on the news to hear propaganda.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:04 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about because my radio listening is usually music, but I think it is even more tragic that two TV news agencies are Obama puppets.
I stopped listening to them and from what I hear, so have many other people. I don't turn on the news to hear propaganda.
First we are forced to endure 8 years of George W. Bush. Then, we are offered Sarah Palin. To add to the abusurdity, the party of white males picks Michael Steele as their chairman, and a radio personality calls the shot from his studio.

Again, it could get worse, but I hate to envision such an apocalypse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies