Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2009, 01:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Flat fee physican practices are cropping up all over. They don't take insurance (cuts down their costs of billing).

Like the "clinics" opening everywhere (including Pharmacies, airports etc) they are offering low cost alternatives.

Add to this mix, more and more Doctors are discontinuing taking insurance or some types of insurance (like Medicare).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 01:08 PM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
True. Nothing like the good old OASIS discharges to waste valuable clinician time. I think the administrative savings claimed by single payor system might be a bit high.

The links I looked at were averaging about 10% payroll type increase in taxes for UHC. Would that be an improvement for most people?
My group insurance runs me $800 per month out of pocket, so I'd save a bundle. Those who have large pool group coverage would see their rates increase most likely.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
It is the job of the government to make this COUNTRY whole..
This is a great opinion, but I am not sure what part of the Constitution says this.

Can you help me out and quote the section which supports this idea for me?

Thanks!

Old 03-17-2009, 01:14 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The FACT remains - your area HAS NOT EXPERIENCED the illegal immigration invasion as my area has. It would be IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOUR AREA TOO HAVE EXPERICENED THE NUMBERS - You are not on the border where a MAJORITY of illegal immigrants are coming from!

And in the Phoenix Metro area - over 1/2 of crimes are related to illegal immigration - and this includes human smuggling, kidnapping (Phx is #2 in the world now for kidnapping), murders, assaults.

New York State has not experienced a 2+ Billion Dollar expenditure for Illegals or 7 Billion as has California.

AZ has now cut out housing assistance for illegals. No more in state tuition for illegals. No more extraordinary financial assistance for medical (life saving only - splinter in your finger? Too bad).

New York Officials Welcome Immigrants, Legal or Illegal - The New York Times
There are 3.85 million illegal immigrants in the country, according to Robert Warren, chief of statistics for the Immigration and Naturalization Service. California has the greatest number, with about 1.6 million. New York is a distant second, with 510,000, followed by Texas, with 405,000, and Florida, with 373,000.

The Social Contract - Study Reveals the High Cost of Immigration to New
New York state is home to 20 percent or more of the U.S.'s total immigrant population. Nearly 500,000 illegal immigrants are believed to be in the state - with some 400,000 or more living in the New York metropolitan area. One-third of New York City's population is foreign born, a higher percentage than during the great waves of immigration at the turn of the century.

Welfare Estimated cost - $2.09 billion
Crime Estimated cost - $269.84 million
Education Estimated cost - $3.27 billion

Tell me again how NY doesn't have a big illegal immigration issue/cost.. etc

Old 03-17-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Flat fee physican practices are cropping up all over. They don't take insurance (cuts down their costs of billing).
And the time it takes for the doctors haggling with the insurance company for payment for services the doctors deemed necessary. Been there, and seen it first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
This is a great opinion, but I am not sure what part of the Constitution says this.
The Constitution does not say ANYTHING about "making the Country whole". That was a fabrication on the OP part

Quote:

Thanks!

LOL.. it's called living in a SOCIETY.. it's the governments job to protect it's people, to protect the country..

If we're going to say it's not, then we'd have to take back many reasons we do things.. like Invading Iraq or Afghanistan.

It's common sense and is implied !

The constitution was set up in order to protect people from government and from governement from going overboard. There are many things that have ocurred since it's inception that have built this country up to where it is. Simply because it wasn't written in the constitution didn't mean that it couldn't exist!

Times have changed.. things change and evolve. As have our country and the needs of it's people.

To say that the government doens't have a responsibility to look out for the health of the nation as a whole is ..well absurd

Old 03-17-2009, 01:19 PM

TM - when New York experiences running gun battles with illegals entering your state (as Arizona and California have) - get back to us

When New York has literally 1000's of kidnappings because of Illegals, get back to us

When New York has Police officers killed or injured in the numbers Arizona and California have experienced, get back to us

When New York has the same type of border battles currently being experienced in Texas, get back to us.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:

Thanks!
Some would argue it would be the Preamble.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Old 03-17-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Some would argue it would be the Preamble.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

I must give more reps to others before I can rep you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies