Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 11:08 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
You are right - when I tell people I'm as dumb as a ni**er, I'm really just making fun of myself. I don't know why they get so offended.
Sounds fine to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

439 posts, read 616,992 times
Send in the clown. Here is Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
As a parent of an autistic child I don't take high offense at his choice of words and the P.C. police need to shut it though I do find it regrettable.

The only thing that gets me about it is how hypocritical people are. If this were the last administration the MSM and the left would be demanding Bush be burned at the stake, definately an above the fold story, headline news on Moveon and Huffington. These blogs would be full of people screaming about how insensative and elitist the "Repugs" are and "see aren't they mean people" crud would abound.
Bush stuck his foot in his mouth all the time and probably should not have been allowed to speak in public without his wife present to direct him but what really discusts me is the automatic forgiveness when Obama does the same thing.
Both parties should be held to the same standard don't you think?
Exactly....
Quote:
Today's generation is desperately trying to make some sense out of their lives and out of the world. Most of them are products of the middle class. They have rejected their materialistic backgrounds, the goal of a well-paid job, suburban home, automobile, country club membership, first-class travel, status, security, and everything that meant success to their parents. They have had it. They watched it lead their parents to tranquilizers, alcohol, long-term-endurance marriages, or divorces, high blood pressure, ulcers, frustration and the disillusionment of the "good life," They have seen the almost unbelievable idiocy of our political leadership - in the past political leaders, ranging from the mayors to governors to the White House, were regarded with respect and almost reverence; today they are viewed with contempt. This negativism now extends to all institutions, from the police and the courts to "the system" itself. We are living in a world of mass media which daily exposes society's innate hypocrisy, its contradictions and the apparent failure of almost every facet of our social and political life. The young have seen their "activist" participatory democracy turn into its antithesis - nihilistic bombing and murder.
Saul Alinsky

"Lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city."

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Oh - the delicious irony in this thread - the totally phony righteous indignation...

What a laugh!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Get a sense of humor people - and if you can't - why not move out of the country...

What is really funny is Rush Limbaugh jumping on this - you remember Rush- the guy who did a 5 minute animated rip on Michael J. Fox after Fox did a political commercial calling for stem cell research and was unable to control his sudden muscular movements due to MS.

Rush was joking about him and saying that he was exagerating the movements for effect..

But then Rush is a fat pig disgusting excuse for a human being... and headed for an early grave from his physical appearance - after seeing his uber-fat body at the CPAC meeting... I give him a year or two before the filthy scumbag eats himself to death and drops dead of a heart attack.. I wonder if they'll get that moment on video tape - like his ripping on Michael J Fox and immitating his disease caused tremors... Boy - I hope they put that one on YouTube...
No partisanship here right?

Old 03-20-2009, 11:10 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
You are right - when I tell people I'm as dumb as a ni**er, I'm really just making fun of myself. I don't know why they get so offended.
Sure.

I'm Black and do it all the time. Obama was measuring his bowling skills as being slow. Definition of retarded: relatively slow in mental or emotional or physical development.

Next.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:16 AM

594 posts, read 1,044,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Sure.

I'm Black and do it all the time. Obama was measuring his bowling skills as being slow. Definition of retarded: relatively slow in mental or emotional or physical development.

Next.
If it's so easily dismissed, why did Obama call the head of the Special Olympics, apologize profusely, and offer to have a bunch of Special Olympians to the White House to bowl with him?

Old 03-20-2009, 11:20 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
The test here is would you say that joke in front of a special needs person? Pretty simple. That's disregarding the severe penalties that have been imposed on people for discriminatory acts or comments on protected classes.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:23 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Sure.

Next.

RETARDED??????????????

The proper and acceptable term is "mentally challenged."

Old 03-20-2009, 11:24 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
If it's so easily dismissed, why did Obama call the head of the Special Olympics, apologize profusely, and offer to have a bunch of Special Olympians to the White House to bowl with him?
To counter the outragefrom Limbaugh and all of those "Hannitized" people, way too many of them are on this forum.
Bush was too arrogant to do likewise. He probably would have slashed funding from Special Olympics the next day (if he made the remark).

Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Nope. Sorry, you're no victim here. You can't spin it to save your ass. You referred to Obama as "nappy-headed." Period. In a thread about Obama. Not a thread about Imus. A racist comment from Imus. And a racist comment from you.

Obama made an unintentional slight against a class of people. Yours was FULLY intentional.

You don't think when the guy said "you people' in speaking to a groups of black and was called a rwcist and hounded 'it was intentional.Speeech has changed lead by teh same gorups that want to exuce Obama. The same people who defended Rev Wright including Obama until the heat got too bad. I say what goes around;comes around and obama was judged corrctingly by the standard that he and other in his party set.I say its a double standard to defend Obama's comment if you didn't the others. If this had been Bush they would ahve had no mercy;plain and simple.If that is the standard then Obama gets the same. Or are only democrats allowed to say certain things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies