Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 06:29 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I'm middle class and I got a tax cut.
Thank Bush. Obama's tax policies aren't retroactive to FY08.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
No but the lack of fiscal responsibility started with Reagan. Why can't you accurately quote me???do you need to twist my words to prove a point. I guess you can't argue with the substance of my post, so you twist my words.
I figued since you couldnt be bothered to accurately quote why the tea parties are taking place, that anything you say is fair game... Heck, a second ago you just blamed me for "ruining" some type of movement.. Umm yeah.. whatever..

Old 04-15-2009, 06:30 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The tea parties are filled with ignorant people, who have no idea that they have been used. I saw a representative of the Heartland Institute on a news program today (check it out on Wiki: a total right-wing freak show "Institute"), who said he was called up and asked to help drum up support for a tea party in his area. This whole "tea party" thing has been engineered by extremely wealthy right-wingers, who simply will not accept that they've been thrown out on their collective ass. Their response is to be as obstructionist as possible, in every way possible. And that includes "drumming up" these idiotic "tea party" things. Most of the folks who show up complaining about taxes are clueless that their taxes will not be raised--that only the taxes of the sickos running the nefarious show will have their taxes raised. The "base" is being used, but they've been convinced that this whole idiocy is somehow "their" "grassroots" protest. The thing is that grassroots movements aren't engineered. They're pitiful and pathetic to watch.

Where were the tea parties last fall, after the first TARP was passed? Nary a word.
Why do you care? If all conservatives and republicans are so stupid and worthless why do you care what they do? Why won't the liberals stop talking about it? It's quite obvious the democrats and liberals think they are smarter than everybody so why don't they just ignore it?

A lot of the people you are perceiving as idiots are no better than a lot of the idiots that voted for Obama.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
The big excitement of the day: Tea parties!

And tomorrow, the Obama haters will move on to a new topic. Maybe it'll be a rumor that Obama likes to dance naked in the White House. Who knows. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Whatever they come up with, it'll be just as meaningless to me and to most of America as this tea party charade.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Again: Where were the tea parties after the first TARP.

Of course it's about race. The vast majority of people at these stupid "tea parties" are ignorant, gun-toting, home-schooling, racist nitwits. They don't even remotely understand the economics of government spending. All of which makes them perfect targets, of course, for manipulation by the fear-baiting, rabble-rousing right-wing media and corporate interests, both of which have engineered the whole tea party nonsense.
There is a HUGE difference between the initial TARP, which was a LOAN to private businesses (which I objected to) and Obama, who converted that TARP into stock holder equity and an ownership interest. HUGE difference in the government buying out 80% of private companies under Obama, and Bush, who bought nothing. Even a bigger difference in Obama, forcing private CEO's out of jobs because they objected to him, and a much greater difference in $350B spent by Bush and the TRILLIONS being planned by Obama. Thats ok though, you just keep blaming race

Old 04-15-2009, 06:33 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um.. people like ME? I dont think I'm at a teaparty, be pretty difficult to be posting while attending one..
I guess you will say anything in a post to try to make a point whether its true or not.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
No, if you had any knowledge whatsoever of the trajectory of the downfall of the American economy, you would certainly know that Reagan instituted it. Sort of a basic fact.
The downfall of the american economy began when the government began to encourage and support individuals rather than allowing and encouraging them to be self responsible.

Last I checked, that was not a Reagan plan or ideaology but I could be wrong, he was before my time..

Old 04-15-2009, 06:37 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
No, if you had any knowledge whatsoever of the trajectory of the downfall of the American economy, you would certainly know that Reagan instituted it. Sort of a basic fact.
Present the facts.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I guess you will say anything in a post to try to make a point whether its true or not.
Obviously you didnt read the title of the thread or notice the QUOTES used

Just for clairification
title of that thread was TEA PARTY SLOGANS.. (i.e. sarcastic thread)
my response "I showed up at todays tea protest so that lazy liberals didnt have to" (i.e. sarcastic response)

Obviously if I was posting here, I couldnt have been there..

Old 04-15-2009, 06:40 PM

1,458 posts, read 3,284,336 times
Man, I should of bought stock in Unilever (parent company of Lipton Tea). Their share prices has gone up close to 20% since early March with the Tea parties organizing....

I guess I have to figure out some other way to capitalize on these parties ... what's the next one going to be based on guys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.