Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:50 AM

4,465 posts, read 8,001,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Sarah Palin Really Thinks That She Has a Shot at Being President

So does the left.

Otherwise they wouldn't be fighting tooth and nail, screaming at her, smearing her, insulting her, telling as many lies about her as they did for George W. Bush, and generally going ballistic every time she's mentioned in the news.

CLearly, they consider her a top candidate, if not THE top candidate, and the most likely to clean their clocks in November 2012.

Their actions speak almost as loudly as their words.

The best thing about Sarah is that you don't have to smear her:

She's self-smearing.

I see where Jeff, the Shamoo (phonetic spelling) pitchman has been in trouble for assaulting a hooker in Miami.

Sarah, this is you're big chance! Go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 09:08 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Geoffrey Dunn: HuffPo Exclusive: Right-Wing PAC Behind Palin Poll Revealed

OMG. Sure, the Christian wingnuts and the insane apocalyptic, tinfoil-hat-wearing folks are behind her. But if she becomes the Republican candidate, the rest of the country will smack her sociopathic ass right down. And it will be SO much fun. What a lying Moderator cut: languagethis woman is. Bring it on, Palin.

Palin is an amazing woman..........AWESOME..

Carrie

Old 03-29-2009, 09:10 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Somehow I suspect that the language used by MovingForward is pretty typical of the same language used frequently in the Palin tribe, except for "sociopathic" which has too many syllables. If you aren't smart enough to know that condemning sex education as inconsistent with your Christian values while your teen daughter is preggers out-of-wedlock is hypocrisy,
you certainly aren't intelligent enough to be POTUS. Either that, or you're
sufficiently sociopathic to believe that the rules don't apply to you because you're special.

Dream baby dream.........

Carrie

Old 03-29-2009, 09:21 AM

841 posts, read 2,261,252 times
got a link? lol comic

Old 03-29-2009, 09:28 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
The reason people across the political spectrum except the extreme social conservatives are outraged at Palin isn't because we're scared of her intellect and patriotism. It's because her incompetence threatens global stability in ways Bush could have only dreamed.

You completely misunderstand the outrage against her. It would be like if a 4 year old were nominated, his supporters would expect the media to pretend he is anywhere near being qualified to run the free world. If they simply let him open his mouth and prove, for all to see, that he isn't, they'd yell 'media bias!'

The McCain campaign knew she was a demographic prop to steal Clinton supporters and shore up the base. They hid her for as long as they could from any real interaction, admitting now that they knew she couldn't handle any questions - that she had no idea how the world actually works. So, when they finally released her to the media, they had a whole "sexism" and "liberal media" campaign blitz ready to go.

We are outraged not because she is a threat, but because her incompetence, her complete lack of intellectual curiosity, and her hyper jingoism threaten the very foundations of the country we love in ways we could never imagine.

I'm a pretty smart guy, but I watch Obama and I think, "Wow. I never would have thought of that. I never would have been able to come up with that answer on the spot like that. I never would have been able to strategize a disciplined movement like that."

I know he is far superior at that position than I ever could be, due in no small part to his being a constitutional law professor at one of the world's top universities. With Palin (and Bush), I actually thought, "Wow. I could actually be president and do better."

I would happily consider Bobby Jindal as a candidate or Mitt Romney. I see merit in their perspectives and see potential value in their leadership.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:29 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times
Sarah Palin=nutjob

She's completely insane. Not only that, but she has slowly become the spokesmodel for anti-intellectualism.

And to the people that said the left sees her as a threat, quit dreaming. She gets attacked because she's an idiot and says things that are just ridiculous. I find it funny that there were anti-Palin protests in Anchorage (Alaska's largest city). They say she doesn't have what it takes to run a country. No offense to Alaskans, but their state is not a California or New York or Texas. Population affects the way government runs. Some things will work in a country of thousands, but need to be thrown out in a country of millions or billions. Sarah Palin is not President or V.P. (or even federal government for that matter) material. Her extreme religious views are just absurd. The fact that she would try to convince a girl pregnant from rape to have the baby is disturbing.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:35 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Even John McCain on "Meet the Press" (3-29-09) stated that he wouldn't necessarily support Sarah Palin in a run for POTUS in 2012(he would want to see who else was running)....that's a major slam against Palin considering that she was his running mate. That speaks volumes about what he thinks of her true capacity to lead.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:41 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

Alaska ranks in the middle of all states — 30th — in teen pregnancy. Its teenage pregnancy rate is lower than the national average, though teenagers in Alaska are just as likely to be sexually active as U.S. teenagers in general.

I don't dispute that; kindly show me where I stated otherwise.

My point was that teen pregnancy is rapidly rising in AK; some studies put the increase as the largest in the nation.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:48 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
She is a sociopathic liar and a religious nut, and she ran the most vicious campaign in recent memory.
"If you tell a big enough lie, often enough, people will believe it." -Josef Goebbels

Or three lies, in your case.

And if the people don't believe them, at least you will.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
"If you tell a big enough lie, often enough, people will believe it." -Josef Goebbels

Or three lies, in your case.

And if the people don't believe them, at least you will.
Oh, but "the people" saw the truth for themselves. Who won the election?

On another note: Quoting a Nazi to support your point? Brilliant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies