Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:30 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,280,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
???? What? This makes no sense. The people who are stealing are the ones who pay most of the taxes??? LOL OK so just how much do you think these horrible "rich" people should pay? All of the taxes?

I highly DOUBT that these people pay less then you. If they are paying less than you then you are in the top earners and then it means YOU are paying even more then these people who you say are paying "most" of the taxes. Your post makes no sense unless you like to contradict yourself.
Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 06:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Have you sent your 3% extra to the government? If not, your a hypocrite for demanding others to do so..
Valid point.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:34 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Really? Amazingly enough he also blast a system that allowed him to get rich. He plans on donating his wealth. He knows letting the government take it through death taxes is utterly stupid in terms of where it should be spent. Amazingly enough if there was really outrage he alone has the power to fix that.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:39 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,539,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I'm in the top tax bracket, and even after the AMT, I'm paying about 20 cents per dollar of AGI in income tax. You think I'm overtaxed at that level? You think I'd shrivel up and die if it went to 23 cents or 24? What a bunch of dreamers...
Living Proof that ANYONE can be succesful in America. Quit depending on the Government to tell you what you owe. Be the dream liberal and start giving more. The IRS won't reject it. I promise. We're counting on you next year to give 30 cents on the dollar. Even then do you really need 70% of every dollar you make? Up it to 35 cents?

Something tells me you won't do it.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:40 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Have you sent your 3% extra to the government? If not, your a hypocrite for demanding others to do so..
Which 3% would that be? If your talking about the recaptures, they don't make any difference under the AMT...

Old 03-28-2009, 06:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Living Proof that ANYONE can be succesful in America. Quit depending on the Government to tell you what you owe. Be the dream liberal and start giving more. The IRS won't reject it. I promise. We're counting on you next year to give 30 cents on the dollar. Even then do you really need 70% of every dollar you make? Up it to 35 cents?

Something tells me you won't do it.
I'm thinking 90% and the state the other 10%... Not my rules..

Old 03-28-2009, 06:42 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,539,384 times
Quote:
Which 3% would that be? If your talking about the recaptures, they don't make any difference under the AMT...
What does it matter what 3% it is? You have the money. It seems you are more than happy for other people to send more. Im sure you worked hard for it (Im being dead serious on that), but we all know it is your duty to send more. So please do.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:46 PM

How would my sending extra money to the government (the IRS would reject it, by the way) make any difference in the matter of whether the wealthy as a group should pay higher taxes? Some of you should try a little harder to stay on topic. Juvenile diversions do not further the discussion...

Old 03-28-2009, 06:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Quote:
What does it matter what 3% it is? You have the money. It seems you are more than happy for other people to send more. Im sure you worked hard for it (Im being dead serious on that), but we all know it is your duty to send more. So please do.
Or, why dont you just stop claiming deductibles? Obviously you are because the top tax bracket isnt 20%.

In addition, you paying 20% does nothing to mitigate the topic of the thread, it does not mean that the top 50% of income payers are not paying 96.54% of all income.

Since your more then willing to pay more, please voluntarily do so and let us know when you've sent the check..

Old 03-28-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
What does it matter what 3% it is? You have the money. It seems you are more than happy for other people to send more.
Certain people, yes. None of the people who got the lion's share of the Bushie tax cuts had any actual need for that money. The people whom it was taken from did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies