Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 07:42 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,335,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Refuse service to who? Blacks, gays, Hispanics, the handicapped, people with children? I haven't heard of such happening since the passage of the civil rights laws beginning in the early 60s, nearly 50 years ago now. The only signs I have ever seen are those that say "No shirt, no shoes, no service". Now the shoes I can see, that's a health issue, I'm not so sure about the shirts, but that gets interpreted to mean sports bras and othe such attire for women. I guess there are some places that require a coat and tie for men, but that wouldn't fly except in the haughtiest of places here in Denver. A public business cannot refuse service to people they don't like the looks of!
You don't know where those feet have been - or when they will land on your plate!

Quote:
I was pointing out that you were being rude. I guess you don't care about that.
Sir, I'm sorry, but we don't serve negroes here.

That's OK, I don't eat them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 07:44 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,552,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Not at all. Smokers represent 20% of the population, And we are told to drop dead, gays represent 3% of the population and we are expected to treat them like royaty..explain that...
If I remember right, the OP was about taxing the practice of smoking.

Shall we start taxing folks for the practice of being gay?

Go back to your own rant and keep it where it belongs.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You don't know where those feet have been - or when they will land on your plate!

Gawd! I'm ROFLMAO!!!! You are delightfully twisted!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post

I said I agreed with the shoe issue! Read my post! If you think people shouldn't enter a restaurant barefoot, why should they be able to smoke in one? You don't know whose plate those carcinogens will end up on!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Maybe not "just" but it does that as well. Many of the laws you list also protect the business from lawsuits and other things.
Yes, they do that! How about a lawsuit from an employee who claims to have gotten cancer from being around second hand smoke all day long for like 20-30 years?

Old 04-13-2009, 07:56 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,335,661 times
Quote:
I said I agreed with the shoe issue! Read my post! If you think people shouldn't enter a restaurant barefoot, why should they be able to smoke in one? You don't know whose plate those carcinogens will end up on!
Who you calling a carcinogen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bof0...CC5FE&index=41

Last edited by ergohead; 04-13-2009 at 08:17 PM..

Old 04-13-2009, 07:56 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,134,380 times
Quote:
You don't know whose plate those carcinogens will end up on!
We're still waiting for the proof that those carcinogens, in the levels present in SHS, are actually dangerous.

A number of people have stated that they would "do the research when they had the time." Judging by the number of posts from these people since they made those statements, I'd say they've had the time. I wonder where the fruits of their labor are...

Old 04-13-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I can walk into a restaurant, see a barefoot person, and leave. I cannot demand that the proprietor make that person put on a pair of shoes.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:58 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,134,380 times
Quote:
Yes, they do that! How about a lawsuit from an employee who claims to have gotten cancer from being around second hand smoke all day long for like 20-30 years?
Emphasis added to the qualifying word.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Nobody chained that person in place and MADE them work there! Sheesh, this is getting ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies