Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 12:02 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
and you are confirming my point about some sort of hatred you have for brown, and yellow people. that sounds more like a LA mentality.
Let me know when "white toast" Fairfax come close to being as diverse as my neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 12:37 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,260 times
What I expected. When I ask a question about the intent of many liberals, either I get bashed with labels that couldn't be further from the truth, or I get people using "hypothetical" circles to avoid answering the question. I guess this is what I expected from asking extremists (of either side)!
-Once again, many of you assume that since I'm questioning the intent of liberals, I'm a conservative, which is further from the truth: if you look at some of my past posts, you would see many of the arguments and desires are more progressive and very contradictory than the of what conservatives desires. Not to mention how the "if you aren't with us, you're fully against us" defense is blatantly sophomoric at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
To answer your question honestly, I will say that I am a LIBERAL. I live in a home in a neighbourhood in Cobb County Georgia that is about 30% black and 15% Hispanic. The people who live in the home next to ours are black. My children went to a public school (McEachern High) that is well diversified and still one of the best schools in the state. That said, yes, I do NOT and will not live around GHETTOITES and WHITE TRASH. Through my education (college), my service (USAF) and my experience in my profession, I have earned the right not to have to live among people with a CULTURE that I do not wish to be around. As I have stated before on here, there are black people and there are n****. There are white people and there are rednecks. Liberals know the difference. Conservatives generally do not. That is the difference between RACE and CULTURE. It is not a race thing but one of certain types of folks- white or black- that I do not wish to be around.
This is not what I'm arguing. In fact, I completely agree w. you on your analysis of the difference between race and culture. And I'm not advocating people living next to violent ghettos or trashy trailer parks to prove their acceptance. I'm pointing out that where I am, the perspective by many liberals is either seeing the negative parts of the culture as what defines all people of that race or ethnic group, or seeing everyone of the same ethnicity in a similar (and usually negative) perspective. Not to say all liberals do this nor all who do this are liberals; there are many trust-fund preps who flock to this school and blatantly display the judgments described above whom are probably more conservative (at least when it comes to who they vote for). But according to the liberal argument I hear, the attitude should be completely opposite of what these "trust-fund NeoCons kids" believe in. This may be true in the realm of many things like religion, environmentalism gay rights, or taxes, but when it comes to how to deal with different races, their beliefs are heavily and frightening parallel.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:40 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times
Gee, quick to generalize, eh??

Old 04-04-2009, 01:00 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
I'm in no way defending nor standing up for conservatives! In fact, NeoCons and their pathetic excuse of the treatment of blacks (and Americans in general) is the reason why I registered independent. I'm just calling up liberals who are high and mighty about being the ones who "care" about certain issues, but when it comes to walking the walk, they turn completely oblivious and reflect the attitudes of their conservative rivals.

My personality isn't really parallel w/ many of those who reside and are attracted to where I live. I tend to be more laid back, live-and-let-live, socially open (at least when I'm surrounded in an environment that encourages such a vibe, which where I am, is anything but). Many people where I am tend to be very a-type, cut-throat, cliquish, and invasive.

But that's more of a different subject.
I am opposed vehemently to neo cons because I find their behavior and attitudes destructive to the greater good and to our very constitution. It has nothing to do with actual conservativism, and it's important for the majority of americans to shine the light of day on it in earnest. The wizard of Oz shall not hide from scrutiny. Grotesque hypocrisy walks hand in hand with malfeasance. Nothing about this party is willing to take responsibility for anything that isn't spun as positive.

That said, I am not an actual conservative nor liberal. I'm centrist. I prefer compromises but I will not rule out the need for radical change if circumstances of an issue dictates. 99% of the time radicals are not correct and could more directly 'get their way' if only they'd embrace that lifestyle directly in their own lives on their own dimes. I have no official party of my own so I'm forced to sign up in my state as 'the mountain party' because there are no other 3rd parties available to me. Issue for issue I side frequently with libertarians but their fatal flaws are anarchist attitudes and the lack of a meaningful plan to proceed forward as one nation. Libertarians are not a physical option for people to register in the state of WV. There are only 3 recogngized parties in this state.

Whatever this OP is truly about, I cannot make any observations because I do not know the people you're bringing into question nor am I familiar with you as a human being. I can speak of my own relationship with every blogger on this larger forum--- it honestly does not matter to me what ideology you try to live out in your own lives as much as it matters how hostile you are to your fellow countrymen and to OUR constitution. Boundary issues are in question on every issue we find contentious. See that clearly.

I find it comical being attacked by conservatives and liberals alike on the basis of 'failing to agree' with them. The presumption of MY ignorance because they failed to present evidence or reason. Statistically I've been personally attacked by those calling themselves conservative but are factually not conservative. I think those statistics speak clearly in my own life and have defined their party. Hopefully others will take stock of their own direct experiences, and equally their own conduct, to make intelligent decisions for their own sake and for the sake of our nation. As religious, I'm unwilling to feed dogma sponsored by my church of origin. As a vet, I'm unwilling to feed dogma that harms the true honor of the military. As an American I'm unwilling to feed the dogma of political affiliations. This is my version of personal accountability and freedom.

I'm white, I voted for Obama because he was the best candidate available with constructive plans. I voted for Hillary in the primary due to her even handedness which is ideally what centrism is about. I'm unwilling to vote for a black man because he's black, or vote for a woman because she's a woman. That doesn't make me guilty of white guilt, misogyny, or pushing any special interest agenda, much as extremists would like to paint me. Yes, I did employ blindness, as is necessary for justice, to weigh the ACTUAL criteria, not the superficial.

My home is in WV. WV as an entire state was verbally attacked in blogs & in the media for voting for Hillary. WV was also verbally attacked in blogs for voting for Mccain. WV's vote going to Obama, they would also be verbally attacked with an entirely different set of superficial assumptions and prejudices (please see cheney's snide remarks about the state). WV has it's reasons for taking issue with any candidate and ignoring the issues IS the issue the majority of WV'ns stand against.

Alaska is also sick of this behavior coming from media and extremists, but WV suffers more because people are all too willing to believe themselves superior in their own version of a polish joke. Europeans and Chinese have more respect for the dignity of appalachia than fellow American citizens. I find that beyond belief pathetic.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:01 PM

30 posts, read 66,789 times
How could you seriously expect anyone to answer a strawman argument? You committed too many fallacies in one post I don't even know where to begin. Please, you're juvenile at best.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Then why comment at all?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:10 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Paranoia strikes deep.

seems to me everytime a conservative is winning an arguement against a liberal/democrat, thay alway start calling the conservative a sexist or racist. just so they dont have to answer the conservatives question.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:14 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
seems to me everytime a conservative is winning an arguement against a liberal/democrat, thay alway start calling the conservative a sexist or racist. just so they dont have to answer the conservatives question.
I find this hillarious coming from one of the worst abusers in this forum claiming themselves to be conservative.

Cowards hide behind ideology. They HIDE BEHIND the flag instead of stand IN FRONT of it in service to the constitution.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:16 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I find this hillarious coming from one of the worst abusers in this forum claiming themselves to be conservative.

Cowards hide behind ideology. They HIDE BEHIND the flag instead of stand IN FRONT of it in service to the constitution.

yep you are right. I am not conservative, I am more Libertarian or Constitutionalist.

but what I say is still true, everytime a liberal is losing an arguement against anyone not liberal/democrat, they always pull the race card or sexist card.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:38 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
You want a serious answer, post a serious question, not a thousand word rant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies