Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 07:33 AM

439 posts, read 617,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ok, so he went on his euro junket with specific things to get done and here's what he accomplished.
He asked the euros to pony up more $$$ for the euro stimulus package. Did he acomplish this goal? They said Nein (German for NO)...
He went and asked for more military support for the war on terror. What did he accomplish? The euros said “Bien sur que non”.
He went to give speeches and blame the past administration at every event.
Mission accomplished.
He went to show he's not George Bush.
Mission accomplished.
He went to show he's a nice guy and will constantly negociate and not be a big meanie...
I think he did that ok.
So other than a bunch of campaign rehtoric what did he accomplish?
Nothing!!! end of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 07:35 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,015,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
For the first time in a long time....I'm so proud of our president. The president of the U.S. of A.

What he has accomplished in just a few short months working his tail off.

I just have to shout to the world how I feel.

His trip abroad has been soooo successful. The fences are being mended which is most necessary.
No man is an island and the planet is getting smaller and smaller.

God Bless Obama and his family and keep the safe!!!!
In total agreement!

Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,845,972 times
I cannot imagine what it is like in nations like S. Korea, Taiwan, Israel, Japan, or any one of a half dozen former Soviet Republics.
To know that the U.S. is now simply a part of Europe.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:48 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,517,702 times
Why do most women and most male libs (pretty much the same thing) run solely off of emotions?

Old 04-07-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
I cannot imagine what it is like in nations like S. Korea, Taiwan, Israel, Japan, or any one of a half dozen former Soviet Republics.
To know that the U.S. is now simply a part of Europe.
What the heck are you talking about

Who the hell said we are a part of Europe.

We live in a GLOBAL ECONOMY.. what we do affects them.. as is evident by the GLOBAL financial crisis.

As much as they need us.. we need them.

That doesn't mean that we are NOT the United States..
Do we have to be arrogant idiots in order to be seperate.

What the hell is wrong with working together AS HUMAN BEINGS>> A HUMAN RACE to end the threat of nuclear war.. to end wars period

Wow.. some people can't get out of the past and look to a new future.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:54 AM

479 posts, read 661,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Why do most women and most male libs (pretty much the same thing) run solely off of emotions?
Easiest question of the day, it's because they lack common sense.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:57 AM

439 posts, read 617,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
What the heck are you talking about

Who the hell said we are a part of Europe.

We live in a GLOBAL ECONOMY.. what we do affects them.. as is evident by the GLOBAL financial crisis.

As much as they need us.. we need them.

That doesn't mean that we are NOT the United States..
Do we have to be arrogant idiots in order to be seperate.

What the hell is wrong with working together AS HUMAN BEINGS>> A HUMAN RACE to end the threat of nuclear war.. to end wars period

Wow.. some people can't get out of the past and look to a new future.

Do you really think Obama is going to end the threat of nuclear war? OMG we are in big trouble in the USA.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post

Why do right wingers (mostly uptight wads) run solely on greed and fear and their wallets?

Give me a break..

Old 04-07-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Do you really think Obama is going to end the threat of nuclear war? OMG we are in big trouble in the USA.
I really think he'll get a lot closer to it than Bush's ways. He's utilizing someting called DIPLOMACY.. obviously something sorely lacking on the right

Then again.. I'm arguing with someone on a board who thinks Obama brought up blacks and Indians and our mistakes with them in his French Town Hall speech.. Which is complete and utter nonsense.

I don't think you read anything.. Ithin you take a headline and then spew right wing rhetoric and nonsense on this boards.. in otherwords..your just trolling

Old 04-07-2009, 08:00 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,319,109 times
Well I guess we can get rid of that other old piece of paper, the Declaration of Independence.

Is anyone else sick of left wingers equating pride in the U.S.A. with arrogance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies