Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 02:39 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
What lala land are you living in... that there are no "means to effect"... i.e. weapons... knives also enable violence... are you standing up to ban knives?
We've already covered this..You need to keep up. There is no comparing knives and guns..Again, if guns aren't the problem, why must you have one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I am sorry, but cholesterol doesn't kill? Is that what you are saying? From someone who likes numbers, they also like made-up medical science...
Now you're comparing food to guns? LOL!!!! Keep em' coming.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:48 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
We've already covered this..You need to keep up. There is no comparing knives and guns..Again, if guns aren't the problem, why must you have one?
For my own protection... apparently you have a problem with me staying protected... as for the food and guns... which is more dangerous? A million restaurants putting lard into your arteries and being legal or a controlled system of dispersing guns to hobbyists and individuals who want secure protection... do I feel safer knowing criminals don't have access to guns? nope... do I feel safer if they don't and I do? yup... instead of cracking down on criminals getting access to guns, you rather just take my gun used for my protection.... and here I thought the problem was the expanding pant size in America being the number one killer and all... you know heart attacks.. and if you think that is the only thing cholesterol does, perhaps you should learn to peruse the google website... or find a new belief system to try to enforce on other people... I hear cigarettes kill more people...

Old 04-09-2009, 02:49 PM

13,610 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
Part of the reason we are so violent is the prevelance of guns..You think, all these masacres would be happening if people had to settle disputes with fist fights? Remember when crazy people jumped off cliffs, took a bottle of meds or hung themselves only killing themselves..Today, with guns in everybodys hands, they seem to like going out with a bang.

Your second paragraph speaks volumes about the previous administration and the history of America.
Yes you are right something has changed.Some people have become hateful of life both theirs and others and feel the need not to only take themselves out but take out as many people with them as they can.Guns use to be even more available yet this hardly ever happened so yes while something has changed,until we find the real cause if this is the world we live in then people even more than before have to protect themselves.

As far as your second remark to my remark of history showing government possibly becoming a murderous government,it not only speaks volumes of American history but the human condition that absolute power corrupts absolutely,and their is no absolute power like one side being armed and the other not which is why people should overwhemingly support the 2nd amendment instead of calling people paranoid.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:50 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Religion didn't enable those lives to be ended, a gun did..

No, the use of guns in murders isn't new. Maybe it's time we fixed it.
One could argue that the gun would have simply been a piece of metal if she hadn't believed she was the antichrist. It was that belief that made the the gun deadly in her hands. If the child had picked it up rather than her, nobody would have died by use of that gun.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
For my own protection... apparently you have a problem with me staying protected... as for the food and guns... which is more dangerous? A million restaurants putting lard into your arteries and being legal or a controlled system of dispersing guns to hobbyists and individuals who want secure protection... do I feel safer knowing criminals don't have access to guns? nope... do I feel safer if they don't and I do? yup... instead of cracking down on criminals getting access to guns, you rather just take my gun used for my protection.... and here I thought the problem was the expanding pant size in America being the number one killer and all... you know heart attacks.. and if you think that is the only thing cholesterol does, perhaps you should learn to peruse the google website...
Do restaurants make you feel unsafe? LOL!! Are you scared of McDonalds? Is the government forcing you to eat it? Is Ronald McDonald menacing? LOL..Keep it up, this is good!!

Old 04-09-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Yes you are right something has changed.Some people have become hateful of life both theirs and others and feel the need not to only take themselves out but take out as many people with them as they can.Guns use to be even more available yet this hardly ever happened so yes while something has changed,until we find the real cause if this is the world we live in then people even more than before have to protect themselves.

As far as your second remark to my remark of history showing government possibly becoming a murderous government,it not only speaks volumes of American history but the human condition that absolute power corrupts absolutely,and their is no absolute power like one side being armed and the other not which is why people should overwhemingly support the 2nd amendment instead of calling people paranoid.
If it is so great for eveybody to be armed, why are so many against Korea and Iran having nukes?

Old 04-09-2009, 02:54 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Yes, I do feel America's expanding pant size makes them unsafe... from a whole host of health problems to death... or does it make you feel better because they have a choice in it... you can choose to own a gun and protect yourself or not... isn't the government forcing you to own guns? Keep it up? You think cholesterol and America's weight problem is a joke? Keep it up, you are disgusting the rest of us...

Old 04-09-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
One could argue that the gun would have simply been a piece of metal if she hadn't believed she was the antichrist. It was that belief that made the the gun deadly in her hands. If the child had picked it up rather than her, nobody would have died by use of that gun.
I don't get your point..If the gun wasn't in the equation, neither would a death. Sometimes given the opportunity, irrational people act on impulses. That gave enable her to act.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do feel America's expanding pant size makes them unsafe... from a whole host of health problems to death... or does it make you feel better because they have a choice in it... you can choose to own a gun and protect yourself or not... isn't the government forcing you to own guns? Keep it up? You think cholesterol and America's weight problem is a joke? Keep it up, you are disgusting the rest of us...
I didn't ask about America, I asked about you..You've never mentioned America before, don't start with food.LOL!!! AMerica never seemed to matter when you discusssed guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies