Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 02:48 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I love the hatred, Dukester. You can't even make a post without insulting Republicans. You, sir, are half of the problem this nation faces. Instead of providing an insightful comment you resort to insults and being an e-thug.

I'm really not sure why Republicans are so high up your hit list. We're esentially irrelevant in the current governement. Your beloved Deomcrats can do whatever they please with minimal resistance.

But keep with the insults. It shows your true colors and erodes any credibility you might have.

I'd argue the GOP is not irrelevent enough....we need about 5 more good liberal Dems in the Senate to finish them off. The GOP is still able to filibuster good legislation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 02:48 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Default Obama endorses Franken Court Ruling

Obama Agrees: Franken Won The Most Votes

Delightful. The governor is trapped. If he has visions of future presidential campaigns it would soil his record to be party to this sordid obstruction of the peoples will.

If he does the right thing and signs the certificate, then he has the national GOP machine, (Rush, et al), jumping all over him.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:30 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'd argue the GOP is not irrelevent enough....we need about 5 more good liberal Dems in the Senate to finish them off. The GOP is still able to filibuster good legislation.
So there will be no filibusters then, right?

Old 04-14-2009, 03:34 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
I think everyone, regardless of political affiliation, needs to observe some silence at the appalling news that a fool like Al Franken will be seated in the Senate at such a critical time in our nation's history.

The people of Minnesota have truly disgraced themselves again.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:44 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
I look forward to Franken adding some needed flavor to the senate. Too many dusty old farts in that chamber.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:18 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,317,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Another Dem coming home...

They are shocked that the court responded to each of Coleman's complaints and addressed each one thereby making it very hard to appeal. But you know they will, their game plan is to keep this tied up in litigation as long as possible in hopes to find someone, something to go their way. Repukes are the real enemy of the state. Defend against foreign and DOMESTIC enemies, time to defend against a domestic enemy - the REPUKES!
Amen. They are the enemies of anyone who loves democracy.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:38 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,665 times
Quote:

They are shocked that the court responded to each of Coleman's complaints and addressed each one thereby making it very hard to appeal. But you know they will, their game plan is to keep this tied up in litigation as long as possible in hopes to find someone, something to go their way. Repukes are the real enemy of the state. Defend against foreign and DOMESTIC enemies, time to defend against a domestic enemy - the REPUKES!
Al Franken, for the love of all thing holy how is that something to be proud of?

Old 04-14-2009, 04:38 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:

Another election stolen by Democrats. Couldn't be more obvious.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:46 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,604,491 times
Quote:

Dukester, was your obstetrician a republican? Did he drop you on your head at birth and kick you down the hall and a few flights of stairs trying to pick you up? Where does such hatred of a different political point of view come from? I understand hatred of policies and actions, but how can you hate a groups of people so much just because they disagree with you? It all seems very petty and spiteful to me.

I am sure the GOP is silent because there is nothing left of that dead horse to beat anylonger. Only an idiot would stay with a topic after it is long decided. Ooopps, no offense intended Dukester.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:30 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I look forward to Franken adding some needed flavor to the senate. Too many dusty old farts in that chamber.
Adding a middle-aged fart with no more qualifications than the ability to act like a fool is hardly an improvement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies