Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 05:40 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,933,722 times

Advertisements

I cannot understand the OP's INTENSE hatred of anyone with a dissenting view. So I take it you are for a one party system? I'd NEVER want Republicans to be the ONLY party, and neither do I want the Democrats to be the only party.

I really think your posts do more to alienate moderate conservatives, which shouldn't be your goal. Tides change, and one day the "Repukes" and CONservatives as you call them will be in power - it's a natural cycle.

Honestly, I think we all need to be much more civil to each other. I try, but rarely get any credit from the hateful left, which are not ALL those on the left, or even the majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 05:58 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,531,712 times
I really hope I'm wrong, but Coleman is going to use the "inconsistency application of the rules", all the way to the US Supreme Court and get his seat that way. The Repugs are so agressive, when it comes to winning, that the right leaning supreme court, would have no problem, applying the same "logic" in Bush vs. Gore, towards Coleman.
Case in point in how ruthless Repugs are: when Gregorie (WA. gov) won after an manual recount, Rossi was hoping to get a favorable ruling through a Republican DOJ in the Pac. NW, to keep his chances going. The Republican DOJ however, refused to hear the case. Guess what happened to the DOJ, he was one of the 8 (or 10) fired by Gonzales, Bush and Rove for "not playing ball."
Thankfully, Rossi did not take it all the way to the Supreme Court.
If Pawlenty refuses to sign the certificate, I'm sure that will cost him his job in 2010. MN is a moderate state, that does not stand for extreme partisianship like that from the right (or left).

Old 04-14-2009, 05:58 PM

80 posts, read 262,376 times
I think it's time for Coleman to hang it up. He lost the race for Governor to a Wrestler, and now loses his Senate seat to a comedian turned talk show host.

Maybe politics isn't his game.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:07 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I cannot understand the OP's INTENSE hatred of anyone with a dissenting view. So I take it you are for a one party system? I'd NEVER want Republicans to be the ONLY party, and neither do I want the Democrats to be the only party.

I really think your posts do more to alienate moderate conservatives, which shouldn't be your goal. Tides change, and one day the "Repukes" and CONservatives as you call them will be in power - it's a natural cycle.

Honestly, I think we all need to be much more civil to each other. I try, but rarely get any credit from the hateful left, which are not ALL those on the left, or even the majority.
This cycle you speak of started around Nixon's time and ended around 2005. Nearly 35 years. The GOP will never rise again until minorities start voting for them in a significant way...we are Decades away from that. They know they are not welcome. They know you consider them lesser Americans than your average White rural male.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:40 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

You have to understand, Dukester and his ilk claim to love America..but only an America where all dissenting voices to Obama are silenced, where the only freedom is the freedom to conform to liberal values. Dukester cannot stand that other people disagree with him and it makes him mad that he cannot silence conservatives.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:50 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You have to understand, Dukester and his ilk claim to love America..but only an America where all dissenting voices to Obama are silenced, where the only freedom is the freedom to conform to liberal values. Dukester cannot stand that other people disagree with him and it makes him mad that he cannot silence conservatives.

That's funny that wingers are talking about hate from a liberal when their own side is out there gunning people down....LOL

No scrupples whatsover....they'll tell you point blank....their side doesn't have a problem with hateful rhetoric...it's the Liberals!

Black is White, Up is Down.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:08 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
That's funny that wingers are talking about hate from a liberal when their own side is out there gunning people down....LOL

No scrupples whatsover....they'll tell you point blank....their side doesn't have a problem with hateful rhetoric...it's the Liberals!

Black is White, Up is Down.

Wrong..rhetoric would presuppose thay we "Wingers" dont speak the truth, whaen thats all we do. Its the libbies who spew rhetoric and talking points aimed at disinformation. Like I always say:

Conservatives use FACTS to back up thier argument
Liberals rely on FEELINGS and OPINION

Old 04-14-2009, 08:18 PM

80 posts, read 262,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wrong..rhetoric would presuppose thay we "Wingers" dont speak the truth, whaen thats all we do. Its the libbies who spew rhetoric and talking points aimed at disinformation. Like I always say:

Conservatives use FACTS to back up thier argument
Liberals rely on FEELINGS and OPINION
Uh huh, kinda like this,

YouTube - Al Franken: Where Rush Limbaugh's Facts Come From

Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,219,485 times
Anyone who uses the word "ilk" is partisan hack who is better off ignored completely.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:27 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,950,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Repukes are the real enemy of the state. Defend against foreign and DOMESTIC enemies, time to defend against a domestic enemy - the REPUKES!
You are very angry, inciteful and full of aggitation. Sorry about the circumstances which lead you there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies