Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I've already proven in an earlier thread (inexplicably merged with another) why an embryo is scientifically a living human being beyond the shadow of a doubt. (I reposted it in post #10 on this thread).

Now let's apply a simple golden rule test to abortion.

I'm sure we all agree that the person most affected by an action should be the one making decisions pertaining to it.

In the case of abortion, that would be the child. OK, since a fetus cannot decide for itself whether it should live or die at the hands of an abortion doctor, the only fair thing to do is pose a simple question to 1000 random individuals:

"Are you glad you are born, or do you wish you had been aborted?"

Obvioulsy in a random sample, the prohibitive majority would say "I'm glad I was born. I am happy to be alive." Probably 980 to 990 out of 1000 would say that. (This allows for the 1.3% suicide rate). So, since the average person is overwhelmingly likely to be glad he was born, WHO THE HELL IS ANYONE TO MAKE THE DECISION TO KILL A FETUS BEFORE IT IS BORN?

It's a simple matter of applying the golden rule. If you wouldn't have chosen death for yourself, how could you choose it for somebody else?
What if you would have? Had you known the environment you were going to have to grow up in? I wish I'd been aborted.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:36 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
abortion is legal period. woman have the right to choice. we have reproductive freedom and the right to privacy. so in other words, it does not matter one wit, what anyone else thinks about her choices, it is none of your business. stay out of my bedroom I will stay out of yours
yes woman have the legal right to kill. As I have stated so did Hitler. does it make it right to kill 46 million unborn. I do not care what goes on in your bedroom my concern is what goes on as you decide to murder.
we have every right to ask for abortion laws to be changed it has nothing to do with your bedroom

Old 09-29-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
How about once it can survive on its own outside the womb without extraordinary means?
So woudl you want to outlaw partial birth abortions

Old 09-29-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Nice purposeful distortion.
It might be human, but it is NOT a child.
It becomes a child when it is viable, around week 25.

The Internet Foundation - Health - Infants - Fetal Development
so after 25 weeks shoudl abortion be murder?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:56 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Incorrect my stance values life the same it does not say one is more valuable then the other. just the opposite is true the pro abortion group values one life more than the other, the woman. My stance is to preserve life in the abortion debate not value one more than the other
What exactly "pro-abortion" group is that?
I don't know anyone who is pro-abortion; I do however, know many people who are pro-choice.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
What exactly "pro-abortion" group is that?
I don't know anyone who is pro-abortion; I do however, know many people who are pro-choice.
You use the term pro choice , I use the term pro abortion. if you are in favor of abortion you are pro abortion. Call it like it is

Old 09-29-2009, 07:01 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You use the term pro choice , I use the term pro abortion. if you are in favor of abortion you are pro abortion. Call it like it is
Exactly

Those who have abortions and are NOT the victims of rape and are perfectly healthy are nothing but selfish trash and those that support this kind of behavior are the same

Adoption works people!!! See through your mistakes (like going around having indiscriminate sex with just anybody) and let a child go into a loving home

Old 09-29-2009, 07:20 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,971 times
Quote:
Aside from your comments making absolutely no sense, your grasp of your native tongue is non-existent.

You pull a lot of garbage out of the air.
Your spelling skills and grasp of the English language and sentence structure are equally appalling.

Where do you come up with this junk?
Pol Pot was “pro abortionist”? What does that even mean?

Want to try this in English?

Again, want to try rewriting this so that others can comprehend what you’re trying to say?
You keep arguing hallucinations because I’ve not seen any of your comments based in fact.

Again, English.
You stated incorrectly and admitted that the deaths caused by Hitler were not within the law.
Nothing I do is of your concern.

Hey, your profile states that Death is not death it is life renewed - 06-04-2009 02:07 AM
So you are arguing against yourself. Interesting.

Since the only time they’re done is for the woman’s life, certainly. Or the already living of no consequence?

You don’t want to know my opinion.
See, I don’t care because it doesn’t affect me. It is up to the woman who is pregnant.

So, you’re anti-choice; I believe every woman should have the right to choose. I don’t care what she chooses. Where are pro-choice people trying to force abortion on anyone? You make no sense.
You want to take away fundamental rights of reproduction. That’s not your call.

You want to know my stand?
No one should reproduce.
In a world of my choosing, all male babies would have a vasectomy at birth.
If it were to be reversed (and I would deny everyone) after the age of 25, the male would have to undergo psychiatric evaluation and provide financial proof of their ability to pay for any offspring as a result of their sperm. The cost of reversing the vasectomy would be in excess of $50k.

BTW, PLEASE USE THE SPELL CHECK FEATURE.
So you want to completely control people on one hand and then tell us that women should have a choice?

Lets all say it together..... CONTRADICTION

Old 09-29-2009, 07:27 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I even provided YOU a HIGHLIGHTED PORTION OF THE LINK - where it refers to conception.

And the point is - states are enacting such laws. That much is a FACT.
We still have to see how those laws work out. There will be a practical aspect to enforcing such laws. And there will most certainly be challenges. When the Supreme Court upholds such laws, then such laws will really have weight. But just because some states are enacting such laws does not mean the laws are good. Some states have laws that say that atheists can't hold public office or serve on juries. Some states have laws about elephants being prohibited from parades held on Sundays.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:38 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
I'm for anything that keeps population levels down. Abortion, euthanasia, the death penalty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies