Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 08:35 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
WOW!
GREAT POINTS!
I will for sure use this in my debates from now on.
Try using these ones too when talking to "pro-life" people:
- Are you pro-war?
- Do you support free health care for children?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:24 PM

207 posts, read 243,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
That's the problem. When life begins is only an opinion, and everyone's is different.

That life begins at conception is a religious belief, not scientific fact.

False.

Actually life begins before conception (scientific fact). My eggs are living cells in my body. However individual life begins at conception. Sperm and egg fuse to create something genetically different then both parents..thus new life. ...The question isn't "when does life start?" that is clear from science..the question is "when does life become important enough to be protected?" Spiders...ants...trees... they are all alive...they are all life but we kill them all the time, so if it is or is not life really isn't the deciding factor on if abortions should or should not be performed.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:30 PM

207 posts, read 243,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Sorry, animals are here for our pleasure. My thread isn't for loony stuff like "animals are equal to humans". Go elsewhere for that.

If my cuddly, barking, very active dog is not equal to me, then my friends 2 celled zygote certainly isn't either. Also any proof that animals are here for our pleasure, or did you decide that because it's convenient for you?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:41 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
1) It is ludicrous to compare the value of animal to that of human life.
2) By that logic, God "kills" everybody, therefore God is evil. Move on, please.
Could you please explain to me how other animals are not as important as human beings?
The whole structure of human life depends on the eco system. All "animals" have their place in making the balance we need to survive.
ALL animals, including humans, evolved. We are all interlinked.
It is extremely stupid to think that other animals are less important than Humans. Killing is Killing. Taking a life is taking a life...no matter what animal.
Yes, you are right, God kills everybody eventually... so don't use him to make a "pro-life" argument.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:59 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
"An embryo can't become an adult human on its own"
Neither can a one-year-old. Come with a point or move on.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Could you please explain to me how other animals are not as important as human beings?

I'm sorry. I'm not going to Kook Land with you. Go to the Tree Hugger Whacko forum for that conversation.

The whole structure of human life depends on the eco system. All "animals" have their place in making the balance we need to survive.
ALL animals, including humans, evolved. We are all interlinked.
It is extremely stupid to think that other animals are less important than Humans. Killing is Killing. Taking a life is taking a life...no matter what animal.
Yes, you are right, God kills everybody eventually... so don't use him to make a "pro-life" argument.
Let's all sing Kum-Bay-Yah around the campfire.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:42 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,355,355 times
and. . . . E. never did answer my query about all of the "natural" abortions that occur. . . More than 1/2 of all the potential pregnancies, if i am correct. . . god must be "pro-abortion", especially for those fetus' that are less than physically perfect!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:49 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
and. . . . E. never did answer my query about all of the "natural" abortions that occur. . . More than 1/2 of all the potential pregnancies, if i am correct. . . god must be "pro-abortion", especially for those fetus' that are less than physically perfect!
I asked... he wants to have funerals for them.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,355,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I asked... he wants to have funerals for them.
Such empathy! I am impressed. . .

Old 05-04-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I'm sorry. I can't respond to idiocy. Come at me with something serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies