Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,023,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Top 1% can EASILY afford to pay more taxes
You fail to comprehend the most simple of realities - taxing the 1%er's will not pay for obama humongous spending spree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 09:40 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,619,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Are you claiming that you cant take anything liberals say seriously, so maybe QUOTING them is out of line?
No - i'm saying that you appear to have a serious psychological obsession.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:40 PM

9,897 posts, read 10,846,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
So, in your worldview, no one should want to be a teacher. And if they do want to be a teacher, they should be penalized and mocked for it. And yet, everybody wants their children to have good teachers.

A flat tax is a regressive tax. 10% tax on someone making a million a year won't impact that person's standard of living at all. 10% tax on someone making 35,000/year will have a significant impact.
Nooooo. I think good teachers should be making 100,200, $500,000 or more a year, but that is not going to happen under our current disaster called the public education system. The point is when you penalize something you get less of it and when you reward it you get more of it.. Level playing field, the rules should be the same for everyone. You see, you're paradigm is, (it wont impact that persons standard of living at all). STOP RIGHT THERE!! Who decides that? Who gets to make that judgement call? When will it ever be high enough?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:03 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,294,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I feel it is a burden when I see how a portion of the money that I worked hard to earn go towards governmental pork projects and not towards making our country run efficiently. I guess you don't mind having a portion of your wages being misspent by our government especially as you live "comfortably". I think we all should pay 10% and with that, the "evil rich" that everyone is railing about will wind up paying most of the taxes.
Were you quite as bothered to see a portion of the money you worked hard to earn go towards subsidies for the oil companies? The war in Iraq? Subsidies for agribusiness? Tax cuts for the rich?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
How does the "rich" deprive folks of making a living wage? What about those on welfare, how are the "rich" responsible for that. Gosh! You guys make no sense!
Newsflash: Most Americans work a full-time job. And many of them have to work a second job in order to make ends meet. Why? Because the full-time job doesn't pay them a living wage on which to raise a family. How, exactly, would Wal-Mart suffer from paying its workers a decent salary, with health benefits?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
But you can pay MORE and ease the tax burden of those who don't live "comfortably". You don't need the government to coerce you to pay more now do you?
Stop being childish. I would be perfectly happy to pay MORE--if needed-- if I knew that those who HAVE MORE were paying their fair share. But they're not. Nobody WANTS to pay more taxes, so why would I pay more without being asked to do so? Childish.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:15 PM

9,897 posts, read 10,846,285 times
Quote:
Stop being childish. I would be perfectly happy to pay MORE--if needed-- if I knew that those who HAVE MORE were paying their fair share. But they're not. .
So please tell us in you're opinion what IS their fair share?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:16 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,494,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
So please tell us in you're opinion what IS their fair share?
About 99% of their income most likely.

There's nothing FAIR about these plans at all.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Then why don't you send the IRS a check for the remaining amount that you feel you should be paying in taxes?
Why would I do that? I'll pay whatever I'm required to pay. It's not rocket science.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:33 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,318,608 times
Quote:
Why would I do that? I'll pay whatever I'm required to pay. It's not rocket science.
Until you wake up next year and learn that you are the "rich" Obama wants to tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies