Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:22 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No, no one owns words, but not all words are equal, and their meanings and significance can vary from one situation to another. I just prefer to not call people by names they don't appreciate. It seems disrespectful. There are so many words in the English language, I think we can avoid using the handful of words or phrases that a person might find offensive. It takes just a little bit of effort, but I think it's worth it.

Your friend,
The F*ggot

(But don't you DARE call me that word! Just kidding.)
heh!

still, you keep missing my meaning, apparently thinking, for whatever reason, that my goal is to use these words myself, when that is not even close.

my point is that it is stunningly hypocritical to claim that there are certain words that are okay for one group to use, but if anyone else uses them, it's outrage time.

as i said, i don't buy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 09:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
heh!

still, you keep missing my meaning, apparently thinking, for whatever reason, that my goal is to use these words myself, when that is not even close.

my point is that it is stunningly hypocritical to claim that there are certain words that are okay for one group to use, but if anyone else uses them, it's outrage time.

as i said, i don't buy it.
No, dude, I understand what you're saying. We're debating the validity of the argument, not whether or not it's okay for you to use certain words. I know that.

So we disagree. I believe that certain words have different connotations, depending on the setting and the context in which they are used. I also respect an individual's feelings, and if he doesn't want me to call him a certain word, I won't.

There is such a thing as linguistic privilege. Instead of looking at it as if you're being excluded in some way, look at it from the opposite direction. If someone tells you that he or she is okay with you using a certain word in his or her presence, or calling him or her a certain name, you've been included in that person's circle in a way that others haven't.

If you had a nickname for a girlfriend, and some other guy heard about it and started calling her by that nickname, I bet neither she nor you would like it very much.

I'm just trying to convey my side of the argument, and hopefully get you to see that I'm right.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,352,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromutt View Post
You are correct as parents we have a right and duty to keep our kids from who we perceive as evil or wrong. If you view me as a "nazi" then that is your choice and your right.

Yes of course throw it out there that Germany killed so many innocents you want a rag to wipe the tears away? How about the 40 million christians communism killed in russia alone? Let alone the other millions that were killed in other communist or former communist countries.
Yeah genius, we had a war against them too, ever hear of the "Cold War"?

And 40 million Christians were not systematically murdered by the state. It was collectivization and LENINISM/STALINISM (not Communism...learn the difference) that killed those people.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:39 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,918,555 times
Hey, did you hear the latest about Joe the Plunger? He's going to Oz to find a brain; he beat out Palin and Bachman for the last seat on the bus.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:24 PM

355 posts, read 447,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
jesus christ...are you for real??
Jesus Christ is for real, and so am I.

I strongly suggest that you read the scriptures, become enlightened, accept the word of God, and change your sinful ways.

It is the only way you will have any hope for an afterlife in Heaven.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
Jesus Christ is for real, and so am I.

I strongly suggest that you read the scriptures, become enlightened, accept the word of God, and change your sinful ways.

It is the only way you will have any hope for an afterlife in Heaven.
And it starts.

I've read scriptures, attended bible studies and taken numerous religion courses and I STILL do not believe. I will become wormfood when I die and do not believe in an afterlife.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:35 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,918,555 times
NOBODY LOVES ME

Nobody loves me, everybody hates me,
Sittin' in the garden eatin' worms.
First one went down easy,
Second one went down squeezy,
Third one stuck in my throat;
Fourth one choked me,
Fifth one poked me,
Sixth one got my goat!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:18 AM

207 posts, read 243,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
If you go right now to any major city's page on Craigslist, and count the ads for man ISO man, and compare that to women ISO women.

You'll see why lesbians have the lowest rate of STD spreading.

Actually lesbians have the lowest rate of spreading STD's because there is very little fluid exchange during most lesbian sex...thus much less chance of STD transfer.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
What one doesnt know , one doesnt know! Alot of homosexual teachers on this forum What do you teach?

Currently I work with kids in a private day care ages 5-12. I taught preschool for 3 years. I am certified through grade 6. I also sub in elementary schools a few times a week and am looking for a full time position.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I would not want my elementary age sons even have to process, why, Mr johnson has a husband instead of a wife!
My attitude towards homosexuals is keeping straight men from becoming teachers? I dont even pretend that I am going to make public schools anything close to what I would be comfortable putting my kids in. I just pay for them anyhow.

Because he does...really they don't HAVE to process anything. It's just the way it is, he has a husband...period. It's no different then the kids processing how their teacher they know isn't married is pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies