Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times

Advertisements

I love it. Its like who do we terrorize, Terrorists (Coulter) or Innocent babies (Behar). At any rate, it made Behar look like a complete retard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 02:26 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Let's be clear - not everything has a "link"

And what I described to you is true - you can choose not to believe it - that is certainly your right.

But, if you talk to a soldier, or a Marine, who has returned from combat, especially having served in the Fall area, they will relate these types of events.

Right now, the Taliban is getting uncomfortably close to Pakistan - and the nuclear weapons Pakistan has. If the Taliban gets their hands on those Nucs, I believe they will use them.

If waterboarding is what it takes to get the information necessary to stop the Taliban then, waterboard away.

OBTW: you wanted proof?

The Jawa Report: Beheading Desecration Video of Dead U.S. Soldiers Released on Internet by al Qaeda (Video/Images)

American Beheaded on Web Video

2 US soldiers beheaded in Iraq (link contains GRAPHIC photos) - Democratic Underground

Theres more

I don't doubt the beheadings. They were big news items at the time. I'm questioning the claim that US troops used waterboarding to successfully track down the perps.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:34 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I don't doubt the beheadings. They were big news items at the time. I'm questioning the claim that US troops used waterboarding to successfully track down the perps.
Ah - now you have to go to the CIA files.

Waterboarding has been used to get a lot of the bad guys. I for one do not object to waterboarding. Heck - I'll pull out the fingernails if necessary.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:37 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I mean we are talking about the women who has no problem making fun of a woman who is terminally ill (Elizabeth Edwards), call John Edwards a ****** .
Oh, so true. Edwards is not a ******. No, he's just a lying womanizer who treated Elizabeth a whole lot worse than Ann did.

Liberals. Blind to reality. Eager for censorship.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:13 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,487 times
The season that Obama is President on 24 would make for a boring season.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:19 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I agree with 99.9% of what comes out of her mouth. No brawl here. Kinda weird that Bill Maher is her best friend though.
Not so weird. They are both entertainers.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I love it. Its like who do we terrorize, Terrorists (Coulter) or Innocent babies (Behar). At any rate, it made Behar look like a complete retard.
"Retard"? Are you one of the people who bashed Obama for his "special olympics" remark?

Old 05-07-2009, 05:07 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Go ask Ann Coulter. The one who makes fun of the people who lost their husbands in September 11.

She seems to like death a whole lot.

Obama made fun of the special olympics. Same ballpark .

Old 05-07-2009, 05:18 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
OK, he talks about drug use being bad, and he's certainly used his fair share. Maybe hypocrites don't bother you but they bother me.

Glad you brought that up. In Obama's own words he often used drugs (weed, coke). Now surely you dont think he would say drug use is good do you? He's in the ultimate position of power. He could get the ball rolling to decriminalize/legalize but since he isnt he obviously thinks users and dealers should be locked up.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:33 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Talk to any return Soldier or Marine who has served near Baghdad.

I have no problem with waterboarding to get the answers I need to save my comrades or innocent civilians.

I have, many times. A young family friend joined the Army after working as a sous chef. He was promised a job in a mess hall; after arriving in Iraq, he found that Halliburton employees held those jobs. He ended up in Sadr City, kicking in doors. He adapted to that and was proud of the job that he did. We've had several talks, because he now (like so many others) has been diagnosed with PTSD. He shot and killed a female sniper and has no regrets. Like McCain, he doesn't believe that the U.S. should torture; he says it only makes moderate Muslims into extremists, and that it's dishonorable. He would shoot to kill to save an American soldier, but feels that torturing people who've been rendered helpless is a cowardly act. I doubt that I'm the only poster with such an experience to relate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies