Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:57 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,574,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
it is!!!! thats exactly who yikes is! the reverend from foot loose! or carries mom from...

i didnt think people thought that way anymore. dancing is immoral? and rock music?
LOL, I think more like Carrie's mom, the reverend was at least likable & in the end more open-minded-he even ended up dancing w/his wife!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 02:05 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,670,791 times
true true.

i picture yikes saying:
"I smelled the whiskey on his breath. Then he took me. He took me, with the stink of filthy roadhouse whiskey on his breath, and I liked it. I LIKED IT!

i also love when carries mom talks about her "dirty pillows"!!! thats such a great movie/book.

and i liked it. I LIKED IT!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, I think more like Carrie's mom, the reverend was at least likable & in the end more open-minded-he even ended up dancing w/his wife!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
true true.

i picture yikes saying:
"I smelled the whiskey on his breath. Then he took me. He took me, with the stink of filthy roadhouse whiskey on his breath, and I liked it. I LIKED IT!

i also love when carries mom talks about her "dirty pillows"!!! thats such a great movie/book.

and i liked it. I LIKED IT!!!!
HAHA, dude you totally made me crack up out loud, good thing I wasn't drinking no filthy whiskey at the time!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:12 PM

355 posts, read 447,415 times
Quote:
Yikes, you are not even for real. I have never heard anything quite so ridiculously BS purist as the posts that come from you, I assume you live in a sterilized bubble. Green Day's music is usually politically oriented, I suggest you actually LISTEN to some of the artists that you're talking about. And whatever happens after prom is what can happen any other night of the week.
Music is a large part of my life, so I have indeed listened to a wide variety of artists including many rock singers and bands; but most of the ones I like are singers and rock groups of a supposed bygone era that sang about love, commitment, and faith. Their lyrics weren't slammed with vulgarity or rebellious statements.

Have you listened to some of the rock and rap artists? The rap and hip-hop craze of the past 15 years or so has made multi-millionaires out of gang members, drug dealers, and hoodlums. Every other word is blatant profanity or slurs that have to be censored when it is played on the radio or performed on TV.

Liberals like to talk down about people who supposedly use hate speech. The odd thing is they support rappers that shout hate messages and profanity in their songs about women, white people, and police officers.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
Music is a large part of my life, so I have indeed listened to a wide variety of artists including many rock singers and bands; but most of the ones I like are singers and rock groups of a supposed bygone era that sang about love, commitment, and faith. Their lyrics weren't slammed with vulgarity or rebellious statements.

Have you listened to some of the rock and rap artists? The rap and hip-hop craze of the past 15 years or so has made multi-millionaires out of gang members, drug dealers, and hoodlums. Every other word is blatant profanity or slurs that have to be censored when it is played on the radio or performed on TV.

Liberals like to talk down about people who supposedly use hate speech. The odd thing is they support rappers that shout hate messages and profanity in their songs about women, white people, and police officers.
Where do you get your assumptions from, I have to ask. As a matter of fact Yikes, no I do NOT listen to rap or hip hop, not a fan. Vulgarity? Rebellious statements? Come ON here, what era ARE you from? Seriously, this is absurd even for you. It's called "voicing your opinion" & it's done in every act or thing said. It's also called "speaking for yourself". Yikes, I'm starting to think you were born in say the early 1900's & have been reincarnated as a puritan on this forum.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:19 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,248,719 times
Extreme Christians are fairly amusing... but the parents of that boy were stupid enough to send him to that school so they should abide by the rules or leave it if they have now changed their mind.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:19 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,533,078 times
Quote:
a fundamentalist Baptist school that forbids dancing, rock music, hand-holding and kissing

All schools should forbid these activities.

Even I like some rock music if it's clean or Christian-based, but most of the rock and rap of today is harsh, vulgar, and politically-motivated. If anybody wants to debate me on this all they have to do is have a look at bands like Green Day or rappers like Kanye West.

Hand-holding and kissing are perfectly fine among heterosexual couples but young people at impressionable ages should not be engaging in this openly, especially at a school where you are there to learn.
Another one who wants to dictate what people do.

This is the problem with today's conservatism, especially since it co-opted religious conservatives. On one side of their mouth, they proclaim a love of freedom and the individual; on the other side they are dictating what individuals can and cannot do in their private lives.

Oh, by the way, humans become sexually mature at the time they're in high school. They're "impressionable" to raging hormones, and regardless of your opinion, this biological fact can't be stopped.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:20 PM

355 posts, read 447,415 times
Quote:
Where do you get your assumptions from, I have to ask. As a matter of fact Yikes, no I do NOT listen to rap or hip hop, not a fan. Vulgarity? Rebellious statements? Come ON here, what era ARE you from? Seriously, this is absurd even for you. It's called "voicing your opinion" & it's done in every act or thing said. It's also called "speaking for yourself". Yikes, I'm starting to think you were born in say the early 1900's & have been reincarnated as a puritan on this forum.
There are no assumptions, only facts.

It is called living and experiencing life.

You, on the other side of the coin, can assume all you want about me and my beliefs. Maybe I'm starting to think that you are just a spoiled little child on this site expressing your leftist beliefs from the safe haven of your parents' house and their personal computer.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
There are no assumptions, only facts.

It is called living and experiencing life.

You, on the other side of the coin, can assume all you want about me and my beliefs. Maybe I'm starting to think that you are just a spoiled little child on this site expressing your leftist beliefs from the safe haven of your parents' house and their personal computer.
Actually, at this point I wish I DID live at my parents, maybe then I'd have some money leftover from my paychecks. Nope, sorry Yikes, I'm a female liberal who just turned 38 on Friday, sorry to squash your hopes. I didn't assume you were from the early 1900's, that would be completely illogical to assume someone who was born in say 1900 was still alive, don't you think?

Old 05-08-2009, 02:25 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,533,078 times
Quote:
If it is within the constraints of a private school and their contract then that school has every right to set the rules.
They have the right to set rules within state law. I don't know if this case violates any law, but private shools are subject to regulation as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies