Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 10:02 PM

870 posts, read 1,627,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Many times on this board I read about various controversies that involve the state of Texas.

They want to suceed from the union.
Dragging a black person behind trucks.
Police robbing black and other minorities.

How do you feel justified to go out your door with a shogun, a 12 gauge shotgun and just shot people because you believed they trespassed??

The shooters were threatened in absolutely no way.

What is the issue with Texans!

Texas boy, 7, dies after shot in mistaken trespass | Comcast.net (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090509/US.Off.Road.Shooting/ - broken link)
isn't it something? and now we texans have all these dumba$$es from other states flocking here because our economy is fine and we haven't screwed up our state like most liberal states. there is no telling how many californians are flocking here. i feel like getting my gun and protecting our western border just as much as our southern border. they all just want to come here to screw up our state i guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 10:22 PM

199 posts, read 241,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
isn't it something? and now we texans have all these dumba$$es from other states flocking here because our economy is fine and we haven't screwed up our state like most liberal states. there is no telling how many californians are flocking here. i feel like getting my gun and protecting our western border just as much as our southern border. they all just want to come here to screw up our state i guess.
Oh please. Don't blame this on liberals. Those two killers look like they were born and bred there.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:43 AM

870 posts, read 1,627,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun24 View Post
Oh please. Don't blame this on liberals. Those two killers look like they were born and bred there.
that wasn't my point. my point was that texas is not nearly as screwed up as most other states seeing as how other states are losing population because of a lack of jobs and high taxes and texas is gaining population. if texas is so messed up....all the people that bash texas...like californians..... should stay out.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:03 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
What is the issue with Texans!

Texas boy, 7, dies after shot in mistaken trespass | Comcast.net (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090509/US.Off.Road.Shooting/ - broken link)

I'd say it's an issue with your misperception.

Kinda like so many folks make "broad brush" comments about California. It's just statistics. The states with the most people are most likely to have some whackaloon doing something outrageous that makes national news.

Who ever heard of anything newsworthy from Alaska before Sarah Palin got thrust into the limelight?

Old 05-10-2009, 08:06 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
yeah, you're right. no one talked about ANWR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I'd say it's an issue with your misperception.

Kinda like so many folks make "broad brush" comments about California. It's just statistics. The states with the most people are most likely to have some whackaloon doing something outrageous that makes national news.

Who ever heard of anything newsworthy from Alaska before Sarah Palin got thrust into the limelight?

Old 05-10-2009, 08:09 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,928,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
These people were just defending their property. This should fall under the Make My Day Law. Completely justified shooting.
It didn't happen on their property, and besides if they were it gives NO JUSTIFICATION for shooting someone when they are not a threat.

Make my day? So you justify the killing of a 7 year old boy?

Old 05-10-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
yeah, you're right. no one talked about ANWR.

What ever developed over that huge controversy, by the way?

Old 05-10-2009, 08:14 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
nothing. issues totally vanish after elections. after the election, it goes back to business as usual. that means arguing, bickering, and getting nothing done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
What ever developed over that huge controversy, by the way?

Old 05-10-2009, 08:18 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I love herring.

May I have some more, sir? The red ones look especially inviting.
Nice try. And herring is not near as tasty as the big plate of subterfuge you just served up!

The perps are scum. We agree on that point.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
nothing. issues totally vanish after elections. after the election, it goes back to business as usual. that means arguing, bickering, and getting nothing done.

Since you brought it up, let's take a look at it, OK?

The Republican position was that the oil companies had to have access so that America could become energy independent, as I recall.

hmmmmm...

At the time, congress was in firmly in Republican hands. Bush/Cheney were in the White House. The Supreme Court had a conservtive majority (still does). Alaska had a Republican governor (Murkowski) and a Republican congressional delegation.

Any ideas on why the GOP didn't get its way with this one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies