Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:12 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I used to live in Texas and my preception of it is that it is not the worst place in the world but they do have kind of a populist streak down there. At least you can drink a beer while driving home after a hot day though! As for what Rick Perry says, I don't take it seriously. If they tried to leave, we'd go down there and lay a good old fashioned ass whuppin on them like we did the south. They know that too. Deer rifles and squrriel guns are no match for Gen Sherman!

you can drink a beer while driving home? you've got to be kidding me!! texas now has strict open container laws which forbid the driver OR passenger to have "open" alcoholic drinks while driving. the days of driving home with a beer in your hand are long gone. that's probably a good thing judging by some of the driving drunk fatalities that we saw in the past (and present).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 10:14 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
I love the state more and more every day. And Rick Perry's affirmation of a state's right to succeed has made me support him and the state more than ever before.

Although a state that brought us a great President like George Bush, and a terrible one like LBJ has to have some bi-polar properties.
great president like george bush? could i have some of what you are smoking?

Old 05-17-2009, 12:36 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Houston?

Add to that list:

MAJOR pollution
Billboards and strip malls littering every major thoroughfare
High crime rate
Yeah, every city has it's drawbacks. But coming from CLEVELAND OH, we had the same 3 problems you listed (maybe not as much on number 2) without the benefits I listed for Houston.
There is no paradise. But the OP asked about preconceived notions of Texas. So I gave mine.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:38 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
There is no paradise.
Yes there is....Paradise is a small community near the California Coast. It is about a 4 or 5 hour drive up the coast from Los Angeles. Nice place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies