Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:40 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times

Advertisements

Non-Texans, what is your view of our state, especially after Perry's secession rant?

Have other recent TX-related controversies, such as the boy being shot and the polygamist sect, also influenced your perception in any way? How about President Bush?

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-10-2009 at 01:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 12:45 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
I used to live in Texas and my preception of it is that it is not the worst place in the world but they do have kind of a populist streak down there. At least you can drink a beer while driving home after a hot day though! As for what Rick Perry says, I don't take it seriously. If they tried to leave, we'd go down there and lay a good old fashioned ass whuppin on them like we did the south. They know that too. Deer rifles and squrriel guns are no match for Gen Sherman!

Old 05-10-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I used to live in Texas and my preception of it is that it is not the worst place in the world but they do have kind of a populist streak down there. At least you can drink a beer while driving home after a hot day though! As for what Rick Perry says, I don't take it seriously. If they tried to leave, we'd go down there and lay a good old fashioned ass whuppin on them like we did the south. They know that too. Deer rifles and squrriel guns are no match for Gen Sherman!
What a nice post.

And, BTW, you can't drink a beer while driving anymore.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:50 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,431 times
I used to live in Texas and love Texas, probably more so than the rest of the country besides Kentucky.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:55 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
What a nice post.

And, BTW, you can't drink a beer while driving anymore.
Oh, I forgot. The Republicans run Texas now. Of course you cannot drink a beer while driving! You probably can't buy one on Sunday either! When I was there- in Plano- it was still Democratic.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:01 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
I have had to go to Texas on business trips a few times in the past. Didn't like it when I was there then. And now you couldn't even pay me to go back to Texas! I wouldn't even drive through the state if I were going to do a "cross-country" driving vacation!!

My opinion of Texas has also been enormously influenced by people posting in various places on Internet who say they are Texans. As well as the Ed Hale, Plains Radio type of thing.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:05 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,332,506 times
I love the state more and more every day. And Rick Perry's affirmation of a state's right to succeed has made me support him and the state more than ever before.

Although a state that brought us a great President like George Bush, and a terrible one like LBJ has to have some bi-polar properties.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:12 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I have had to go to Texas on business trips a few times in the past. Didn't like it when I was there then. And now you couldn't even pay me to go back to Texas! I wouldn't even drive through the state if I were going to do a "cross-country" driving vacation!!

My opinion of Texas has also been enormously influenced by people posting in various places on Internet who say they are Texans. As well as the Ed Hale, Plains Radio type of thing.
You are very judgmental.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:18 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
You are very judgmental.

Judgemental? So what? "You are very judgmental"......how does that relate to your opinon of Texas? It is only a statement of what you think of my post.

The thread asks for my OPINION about Texas. I gave my opinion, based upon my experiences visiting Texas on business and reading hundreds of posts by people who say they live in Texas, and now this 7 yr old kid who was killed for no good reason, among other things, like GWB. You can have Texas all to yourself, thank you.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Judgemental? So what? "You are very judgmental"......how does that relate to your opinon of Texas? It is only a statement of what you think of my post.

The thread asks for my OPINION about Texas. I gave my opinion, based upon my experiences visiting Texas on business and reading hundreds of posts by people who say they live in Texas, and now this 7 yr old kid who was killed for no good reason, among other things, like GWB. You can have Texas all to yourself, thank you.
And, as a Texan, I respect your right to your opinion.

I personally love it, but I understand that many others may not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies