Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 06:14 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
As a person married to a Hispanic. Yes he is catholic but not one person in his family on either side goes to church. The most children either side has by father and mother is 2. All my hispanic friends the most children they have are 2. Family is very big to them but they came here for a better economic future and many put that before their family values.

I do know many hispanics that supported him but he is now losing that support for his dealing with Fidel and Chavez. I also know many hispanics that did not vote for him.
Well, he has been in bed with Chavez for a long time. Remember there were pictures of his offices during the campaign that had Chavez's picture on the wall.

I was just shocked that Hispanic people were voting for him especially when they support the importance of family,children. I really wonder how many of them understood what partial birth abortion was. You know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 06:17 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Being that Hispanic's are strict Catholics to the point they follow the teachings by not using birth control (thus all the children) then how can they support Obama? With him backing partial birth abortions and all? It makes no sense. Maybe they don't understand what "partial birth abortions" are?????Hmmm?
WOW!!! Judging an entire ethic group via one of the biggest, generalizations I have read, shows that poster's ignorance and/or racial prejudice.

Let's see if I can add to that. Being that white men have no regard for human life since they are the one's who bomb woman's healthcare clinics with no regard for the people in those clinics, why don't we just arrest all white men? Maybe they don't understand that not all the people in those clinics have family and friends who love them and will suffer unimaginable pain at the loss of their loved ones via murder?????????? Hmmmmm......

Old 05-10-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
The majority of Catholics and Hispanics voted for Obama in the last election... maybe they think holistically and are not one-issue voters. Maybe they saw that the country was headed in the wrong direction under Republican leaderships... maybe... just maybe they are not monolithic.
I assume you are not Catholic from that comment. If a Catholic uses birth control, they are not allowed to receive the sacraments. A practicing Catholic doesn't have the option of looking at things "holistically", they either follow their religion or they don't. If they follow their religion and it's principles, then they could not vote for someone who supports abortion.

It's not up for debate unless you are Pelosi!

Old 05-10-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
WOW!!! Judging an entire ethic group via one of the biggest, generalizations I have read, shows that poster's ignorance and/or racial prejudice.

Let's see if I can add to that. Being that white men have no regard for human life since they are the one's who bomb woman's healthcare clinics with no regard for the people in those clinics, why don't we just arrest all white men? Maybe they don't understand that not all the people in those clinics have family and friends who love them and will suffer unimaginable pain at the loss of their loved ones via murder?????????? Hmmmmm......
This has nothing to do with prejudice. I am asking directed to a group of people who the majority are Catholic. They (Hispanics) are known to be devout Catholics so I am wondering how many of them could support someone who goes against the teachings. Stop trying to make this question something that it is not.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:26 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Well, he has been in bed with Chavez for a long time. Remember there were pictures of his offices during the campaign that had Chavez's picture on the wall.

I was just shocked that Hispanic people were voting for him especially when they support the importance of family,children. I really wonder how many of them understood what partial birth abortion was. You know?
Guess they had to see it for themselves.I just know we were at a friends house and our friend said " looks like we messed up and elected the wrong guy" The same people that voted for him and as always defended him till now are now insulting him and wishing he wasnt in office.

I was also shocked at how many hispanics voted for him also so was my husband. Only 1 of my in laws voted for him and thats my mother in law and she now regrets it and said she should have voted for McCain.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post

Oh please what they asked and said was correct. Hispanics are catholic and very big catholics to boot. Since when is stating the truth that hispanics are catholic prejudice?

You calling this posters post or question prejudice is whats ignorant.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
This has nothing to do with prejudice. I am asking directed to a group of people who the majority are Catholic. They (Hispanics) are known to be devout Catholics so I am wondering how many of them could support someone who goes against the teachings. Stop trying to make this question something that it is not.
Hear hear. People need to stop being so darn pc and stop trying to turn every single thing into a racial issue. Dont they know that only hurts and increases racial problems.

Hispanics majority very large part a very catholic. My husband is Hispanic. Going to call me a racist now also for saying that?

Old 05-10-2009, 06:36 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
If you remember that, you're having false memories.

It was one volunteer office. It was a picture of Che Guevera. It was in Houston. Neither Obama or his campaign had anything to do with it.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Hear hear. People need to stop being so darn pc and stop trying to turn every single thing into a racial issue. Dont they know that only hurts and increases racial problems.

Hispanics majority very large part a very catholic. My husband is Hispanic. Going to call me a racist now also for saying that?
Many people on CD sit in the corner gnashing their teeth waiting to call someone a racist!

I will never forget my lesson when I walked up to a bank and it said " close for Annunciation Day".

Thanks for answering my questions without attacking me.

I really think that during the campaign if the Repubs had Spanish speaking people explain what pasticqal birth abortions are about, I think it would have changed a lot of votes.

Many people are Catholic by just birth and don't really follow the teachings. But Hispanic people seem to be more devout them many and that was why I was surprised.

Thanks for coming to my defense

Old 05-10-2009, 06:41 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
I see it exactly as it is. When someone makes statements such as yours as to what a group of people is, what you believe they should think/believe/do and you judge that group on your belief as to how they should act, that is prejudice and borders on racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies