Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 05:59 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,299,932 times

Advertisements

Being that Hispanic's are strict Catholics to the point they follow the teachings by not using birth control (thus all the children) then how can they support Obama? With him backing partial birth abortions and all? It makes no sense. Maybe they don't understand what "partial birth abortions" are?????Hmmm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 06:01 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,615,238 times
The fact that you simplify us HISPANICS to one issue says to me you may be the one that needs more educating. Not every hispanic is catholic, and not every one that is uses that one issue as the lynch pin of thier moral being. Thier are many issues that are important of which that is one, but it doesnt consume every one of us all the time.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:04 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,773,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Being that Hispanic's are strict Catholics to the point they follow the teachings by not using birth control (thus all the children) then how can they support Obama? With him backing partial birth abortions and all? It makes no sense. Maybe they don't understand what "partial birth abortions" are?????Hmmm?

How can ANY Christian support him???? It boggles the mind. He has made his position on the sanctity of life very clear.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:07 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,248,719 times
Quote:
The majority of Catholics and Hispanics voted for Obama in the last election... maybe they think holistically and are not one-issue voters. Maybe they saw that the country was headed in the wrong direction under Republican leaderships... maybe... just maybe they are not monolithic.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:08 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,852,631 times
Quote:
As a person married to a Hispanic. Yes he is catholic but not one person in his family on either side goes to church. The most children either side has by father and mother is 2. All my hispanic friends the most children they have are 2. Family is very big to them but they came here for a better economic future and many put that before their family values.

I do know many hispanics that supported him but he is now losing that support for his dealing with Fidel and Chavez. I also know many hispanics that did not vote for him.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
The fact that you simplify us HISPANICS to one issue says to me you may be the one that needs more educating. Not every hispanic is catholic, and not every one that is uses that one issue as the lynch pin of thier moral being. Thier are many issues that are important of which that is one, but it doesnt consume every one of us all the time.
The MAJORITY of Hispanic people are Catholic and don't say they are not. Trust me, I don't need more education of Hispanic people's religious selection. I have lived in Hispanic areas and even the banks and government buildings are closed on Catholic holidays!

If you are not Catholic and you are Hispanic then you shouldn't even be responding to this question.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
How can ANY Christian support him???? It boggles the mind. He has made his position on the sanctity of life very clear.

You are correct. No Christian should have voted for him.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:10 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,074,501 times
Quote:
Being that Hispanic's are strict Catholics to the point they follow the teachings by not using birth control (thus all the children) then how can they support Obama?
Given the choice between a pro-choice African American and a party of jerks who like to make outlandishly generalized and therefore racist remarks, it was probably very easy.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:11 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,248,719 times
Quote:
You are correct. No Christian should have voted for him.
Bitter much? Election is over... focus on the future.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:12 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,615,238 times
I was born and raised as a Catholic babtized and confirmed, and I am as hispanic as they come. The fact that you lump all of us into one category and A$$ume that anything other than what you think is false says alot about you. Next you will tall me that most of us are Latin Kinds because lord knows 99% of them are hispanic too... LOL

" I have lived in hispanic areas" Well then I guess that makes you an expert on us. Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies