Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 10:23 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times

Advertisements

I'm a conservative and a Christian. Theoretically, I'm not for abortion.

Having said that, might I add my teen daughter got pregnant and decided to keep her baby. I didn't see ANYONE from the proLife Calvary charging in to help. If anything, she was a little shunned by those who claim to be morally superior.

So, unless someone is willing to put their money where their mouth is, they need to shut up.

I agree with the Libertarian platform. This choice is between the parents and their conscious....NOT the governments business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 10:26 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Not the governments business.

womans choice.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:27 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Not just the abortion issue, but a whole range of so called social issues or morality issues, is why the libertarian party has never garnered more than, what, 3% of the vote on a national level. I am very libertarian in my views, as I think the federal governments 1 responsibility should be the military and national defense. However when it comes to a innocent human life, we as a nation must stand up to protect it.
When you locate a founding fathers' opinion letter supporting the prohibition of pregnancy termination, let me know

Abortion (albeit through risky procedures) also pre-dates the founding of America.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
When you locate a founding fathers' opinion letter supporting the prohibition of pregnancy termination, let me know

Abortion (albeit through risky procedures) also pre-dates the founding of America.
Wow.....Viewfromthepeak....

I did not expect this coming from you? Aren't you pro life?

Old 06-06-2009, 10:31 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Freedom of conscience for all but females.
Lovely.
No wonder the Libertarian Party is largely comprised of adolescent males (or adult males with the minds of adolescents).
Many people consider abortion murder. I am one of them. There is no right to kill another human except in self-defense.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:32 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Wow.....Viewfromthepeak....

I did not expect this coming from you? Aren't you pro life?
Personally, very much so. I also support overturning RvW and leaving it up to the states, but I am 1000% against a federal law prohibiting it.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Personally, very much so. I also support overturning RvW and leaving it up to the states, but I am 1000% against a federal law prohibiting it.
It is a state matter not a federal one, that's for certain...

Old 06-06-2009, 10:38 AM

I believe it is a federal one.

If you have a bunch of pro lifers in one state and they all vote to outlaw it, what happens if there is an emergency?

Plus it is intruding into peoples lives. The government will not tell me what to do.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:44 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,945 times
Quote:

If you have a bunch of pro lifers in one state and they all vote to outlaw it, what happens if there is an emergency?

Plus it is intruding into peoples lives. The government will not tell me what to do.
What... the feds don't intrude into peoples lives ?

It's a personal choice and NO Gov agency should have a say in the matter period.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:

The only justification for abortion in my opinion is if it's absolutely necessary to save a life. Very few abortions are done for that reason, very few...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies