Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 04:56 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I don't like the Constitution party for several reasons, which would be for an entirely different thread (particularly the fact that they want the Bible to be the crux/foundation of our laws).

As far as the abortion issue, I'm against abortion but would NEVER support a federal ban on it. I'd like to see it regulated state-by-state.
I agree it should be a state issue .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 04:57 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Roe versus wade opened the door to abortion on demand.The supreme court is part of our governement. I think if the libertarians were true to their belief they would say governement needs to stay out of the abortion issue.
I still don't get what you're saying, exactly.

Do you mean that the Supreme Court should have refused to hear the case?

Old 06-06-2009, 05:02 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookamus View Post
Doesn't the father have any rights? What if he wants the baby?
Then he should get pregnant and subject his body to developing a fetus. Can't do it? Oh, it's her body...so it's her choice.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:05 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I still don't get what you're saying, exactly.

Do you mean that the Supreme Court should have refused to hear the case?
The supreme court ina libertarian nation would not have hheard the case IMHO.
As for now reverse roe versus wade and send it to the states to decide.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The supreme court ina libertarian nation would not have hheard the case IMHO.
As for now reverse roe versus wade and send it to the states to decide.
Why not send it to each woman to decide?

I've always respected the 9th Amendment over the 10th, because I just don't respect "collective" wisdom much.

I don't like womb-laws because the womb is within the jurisdiction of the owner, not the State.

Said the womb to the State, "You're not the boss of me!"

Old 10-28-2009, 07:52 PM

2 posts, read 1,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Then he should get pregnant and subject his body to developing a fetus. Can't do it? Oh, it's her body...so it's her choice.
Tell that to a brokenhearted man whose baby was killed against his will and has to deal with the suffering and the pain for the rest of his life, you cold, cruel, heartless bastard!

This coming from a female.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:32 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHeart View Post
Tell that to a brokenhearted man whose baby was killed against his will and has to deal with the suffering and the pain for the rest of his life, you cold, cruel, heartless bastard!

This coming from a female.
He should have been more careful about who he is having sex with then if he is so concerned about wanting the pregnancy to continue.

Always the woman's fault. She should always go through and do what others tell her.

His fault for not watching out, his problem. I have ZERO sympathy for the "brokenhearted man".

This coming from a female too.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
He should have been more careful about who he is having sex with then if he is so concerned about wanting the pregnancy to continue.

Always the woman's fault. She should always go through and do what others tell her.

His fault for not watching out, his problem. I have ZERO sympathy for the "brokenhearted man".

This coming from a female too.
Wow. Last time I checked, it takes two people to make a baby, and if she didn't want the baby, then maybe she shouldn't have had sex. Taking the life of another individual in the name of "choice" is a strictly anti-libertarian philosophy. When the State deems that some lives are more valuable than others, it opens the door to more than just the unborn: What stops the State from deeming the elderly, disabled, or those on life support from being less valuable because of immutable differences? If you have no sympathy at all, then you are a truly heartless human being. You'd probably have sympathy for a woman having an abortion against her will, but because you love this excuse to kill, you have no sympathy for a man who is left helpless and broken because he couldn't protect his own child. It's as if you think fertile women are the only ones deserving of your sympathy. I hope that in your next life, you get to take a walk in those shoes. See how you feel when you have your own child murdered against your will. You wouldn't know suffering if it looked you in the eye. In fact, I hope that maybe you get to experience infertility. Let me tell you, carrying a baby is a gift from Heaven compared to not being able to carry one at all. I would know. May God have mercy on your soul.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:57 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Wow. Last time I checked, it takes two people to make a baby, and if she didn't want the baby, then maybe she shouldn't have had sex. you mean "they" should not of had sex. don't put it back solely on the woman.

When the State deems that some lives are more valuable than others, it opens the door to more than just the unborn: What stops the State from deeming the elderly, disabled, or those on life support from being less valuable because of immutable differences?

the difference is these people do not develop in a woman's body. huge difference.

If you have no sympathy at all, then you are a truly heartless human being. You'd probably have sympathy for a woman having an abortion against her will, but because you love this excuse to kill, you have no sympathy for a man who is left helpless and broken because he couldn't protect his own child.

pro choice people have plenty of sympathy, however the choice for a woman to take her pregnancy to term is her's. each woman has a unique set of circumstances which we are not aware of.

Let me tell you, carrying a baby is a gift from Heaven compared to not being able to carry one at all. I would know. May God have mercy on your soul.
although you and I may think having a baby is a gift there are women who do not. some of these woman, if abortion was banned would find themselves in the hands of back alley abortionist.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Wow. Last time I checked, it takes two people to make a baby, and if she didn't want the baby, then maybe she shouldn't have had sex.
Oh, NOW you say "they". Before you were blaming it on the woman.
Quote:
Taking the life of another individual in the name of "choice" is a strictly anti-libertarian philosophy. When the State deems that some lives are more valuable than others, it opens the door to more than just the unborn: What stops the State from deeming the elderly, disabled, or those on life support from being less valuable because of immutable differences?

The elderly are on their own. Not in my body. The state won't do anything to the elderly. They can survive on their own.
Quote:

If you have no sympathy at all, then you are a truly heartless human being. You'd probably have sympathy for a woman having an abortion against her will, but because you love this excuse to kill, you have no sympathy for a man who is left helpless and broken because he couldn't protect his own child.

Ok, then I am heartless. I love it. I love killing. You so right on!

Nope. NO SYMPATHY WHATSOEVER for the man at all. Zilth. Zip. Nada. He knows a woman (rightfully so) can get an abortion as she pleases so HE should be more careful about who he sticks it in.

He can go cry me a river.

Got that? Good.

Quote:
It's as if you think fertile women are the only ones deserving of your sympathy. I hope that in your next life, you get to take a walk in those shoes. See how you feel when you have your own child murdered against your will. You wouldn't know suffering if it looked you in the eye. In fact, I hope that maybe you get to experience infertility. Let me tell you, carrying a baby is a gift from Heaven compared to not being able to carry one at all. I would know. May God have mercy on your soul.
Wow, thanks for hoping that. Two can play at this game. In your next life, I hope you are aborted.

I hope I experience infertility. THAT would TRULY be a gift from heaven for me. Seems like you cursing at me is actually a blessing for me. Thank you so much! Keep it going! It would be a GIFT for me to infertile unlike carrying a fetus in me which would ruin my body and risk my life and strain my career. If I want a child, I can easily adopt and give another child a better life.

Oh! NOW you bring God into it, eh? After all the things you said about wanting my child to die, you bring God into it. Niceeee!

May "God" have mercy on YOUR soul because I am sure the devil has a special spot reserved....

PS-You are SOOOOOO PRO LIFE wishing death upon my child in my next life. Pathetic. You are a J-O-K-E!

Last edited by Theliberalvoice; 11-13-2009 at 10:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies