Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:07 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
I've seen a picture of what a fetus looks like when aborted at the time when most abortions happen.

You can't even tell where the fetus is. You cannot tell it apart from other tissue that is aborted. I don't see how that's awful.

And it's heartless to say that a fetus sucks the nutrients from its host? I didn't know that stating facts were "heartless". What is "heartless" to me is to force a woman to go through pregnancy.
In the early weeks, IF you can even find it on an ultrasound, it looks like a shrimp. Go ahead show women ultrasounds of their embroys they are "aborting". Most are going to be horrified seeing the pix of what it looks like then.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:03 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
In the early weeks, IF you can even find it on an ultrasound, it looks like a shrimp. Go ahead show women ultrasounds of their embroys they are "aborting". Most are going to be horrified seeing the pix of what it looks like then.
Tell that to my wife who saw the ultrasound of the embryo before she aborted and still went through it, and doesn't regret that decision to this day.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:17 PM

31 posts, read 46,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
I've seen a picture of what a fetus looks like when aborted at the time when most abortions happen.

You can't even tell where the fetus is. You cannot tell it apart from other tissue that is aborted. I don't see how that's awful.

And it's heartless to say that a fetus sucks the nutrients from its host? I didn't know that stating facts were "heartless". What is "heartless" to me is to force a woman to go through pregnancy.
You can't tell or see the parts of the baby because of the method used to abort! In the first trimester it is usually a suction method which literally tears up the baby limbs and all. That is why you can't see anything although some pictures do show a tiny hand or foot that is left over. Tragic!

At any rate, I for one believe in loving both baby and mother. Whenever I have come into contact with a women who is pregnant and thinking of abortion, I do all I can to talk to her and hopefully change her mind by showing her the best possible options. To date, and while I have encountered many women who have had abortions, I have never talked to a single one who who does not seriously regret it and has many emotional problems. Abortion does NOT help women- the truth is, it hurts them - and often causes their death too.

Anyone who advocates abortion is either heartless or does not fully understand what it does to women who is pregnant because it not only hurts the unborn child but the women too.

When a women contemplates an abortion, often it is a deep cry for help. I only wish more people could see that and even if abortion does stay legal (which it probably will) perhaps more of us could offer help to women who may feel trapped and alone. To me, that is more compassionate then telling someone it's her choice.
Just sayin,... and that is just my opinion through my own experience.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:36 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
MB you're coming off as kind of an extremist... You should maybe pull it back a bit so people can take you seriously. Your experiences with women getting abortions are not the only ones, hell not even .01%. Many women get abortions every year, and many don't ever regret it as it was the right decision for them at that time in their life.

Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. There are many people who disagree with you, and are more knowledgeable and experienced on the subject, so don't act like what you say is law.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Arizona has, as of today, initiated a new law regarding abortions:

1) A waiting period of 24 hours before an abortion can be performed.

2) Counseling with the woman as to the alternatives to abortion - and letting the woman know / see what is being aborted

3) In the case of a minor female - parental notification is now required.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:44 PM

439 posts, read 443,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
MB you're coming off as kind of an extremist... You should maybe pull it back a bit so people can take you seriously. Your experiences with women getting abortions are not the only ones, hell not even .01%. Many women get abortions every year, and many don't ever regret it as it was the right decision for them at that time in their life.

Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. There are many people who disagree with you, and are more knowledgeable and experienced on the subject, so don't act like what you say is law.
Whether or not a woman will admit to you that she regrets it, is not the point.

The point is, the unborn is either a living human being........

.......or it is not.

If pro-abortion folks want to make the case that it is NOT a living human being, then at what point DOES it become a living human being?

Old 07-14-2009, 04:58 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
Whether or not a woman will admit to you that she regrets it, is not the point.

The point is, the unborn is either a living human being........

.......or it is not.

If pro-abortion folks want to make the case that it is NOT a living human being, then at what point DOES it become a living human being?
No, you want that to be the point. Anti choice activists don't want to examine the actual situation, nor the consequences. You just want lines to be drawn and definitions to be specified. Many open minded people just can't make laws based on that, because there is real life to consider also.

I hope you realize that by outlawing abortions, you're just forcing women to go through illegal channels to get it done anyways. Endangering many young girls and putting even more people in jail. You will literally accomplish nothing.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:16 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBmarybeth View Post
You can't tell or see the parts of the baby because of the method used to abort! In the first trimester it is usually a suction method which literally tears up the baby limbs and all. That is why you can't see anything although some pictures do show a tiny hand or foot that is left over. Tragic!

At any rate, I for one believe in loving both baby and mother. Whenever I have come into contact with a women who is pregnant and thinking of abortion, I do all I can to talk to her and hopefully change her mind by showing her the best possible options. To date, and while I have encountered many women who have had abortions, I have never talked to a single one who who does not seriously regret it and has many emotional problems. Abortion does NOT help women- the truth is, it hurts them - and often causes their death too.

Anyone who advocates abortion is either heartless or does not fully understand what it does to women who is pregnant because it not only hurts the unborn child but the women too.

When a women contemplates an abortion, often it is a deep cry for help. I only wish more people could see that and even if abortion does stay legal (which it probably will) perhaps more of us could offer help to women who may feel trapped and alone. To me, that is more compassionate then telling someone it's her choice.

Guess what. Childbirth harms women and sometimes causes their death too. THe same argument you made against abortion can be made against childbirth.

And through my own experience, abortion is a perfectly acceptable and understandable choice to make. Again, my wife has gone through abortion.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBmarybeth View Post

Having an abortion helped me greatly, it was one of the smartest decisions I made in my life.

www.imnotsorry.net

Abortion DOES NOT often cause a woman's death, you are more likely to die from childbirth.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:56 PM

31 posts, read 46,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post

Not exactly sure what you are referring to but it doesn't matter. Already said "my opinion, my experience" and never said everyone has to agree with me, so how that is extreme is I dunno - but whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies