Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:20 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

[quote=sueezee;9958630]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
I would say that I am pro-responsibility, than anything else

That means your prochoice....being responsible is NOT bring unwanted babies into tthe world.
It depends on what your definition of responsibility is.

Prolifers think that being responsible is avoiding pregnancy in the first place. Some people think that refraining from sex is the only right way. Others advocate birth control.

Prochoicers think that being responsible can be avoiding pregnancy in the first place and they also think that if you get pregnant and find you cannot go through the pregnancy for whatever reason, abortion is responsible.

I agree with both viewpoints. I also wish that many people who do not want children would actively try to avoid pregnancy. I also feel that if you cannot take care of the child or if your life is in danger or (insert whatever reason), then getting an abortion is your choice.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:21 PM

439 posts, read 443,513 times
Quote:
no one has given a solid argument or point on how it is not the womans BODY
Actually we have discussed it many times.

The unborn has a body of his/her own.

Different DNA.

Separate organs.

Apparently you can't focus on the topic and admit that this has already been covered.

Please educate yourself on the medical facts instead of ranting about 'no one can keep me from doing drugs. You just try and see what happens.'

I couldn't care less about your view on drugs.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:50 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,419 times
[quote=sueezee;9958466]
Quote:
Theliberalvoice,
I am still waiting for a logical answer to this...If a man and women have a child and the man wants the baby but the woman does not...why is it up to the woman to decide?
If the man does not want the baby and the woman does, why should the woman be allowed to FORCE financial help from the man, when he did not want the child

Is everyone to afraid to answer my simple questions?

I'm never afraid to answer abortion questions. Do you REALLY expect a man to spread his seed all over town, and then have all the women obligated to birth these babies FOR HIM? Her'es one for you. How abou tthe man keep his pants on until he finds one women who wants his child as much as he does?
you do realize you are responding to old posts...really old posts.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:57 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Your statement was; NO ONE CAN ACTUALLY MAKE ME DO SOMETHING WITH MY BODY OR STOP ME FROM DOING WHAT I WANT WITH MY OWN BODY

Now, you are trying to change the subject. Won't work.

I will give you one example of where you are wrong: where you said OR STOP ME FROM DOING WHAT I WANT WITH MY OWN BODY, we have a "do drugs do time" law. You do drugs, you can end up in jail - and people ARE stopping you from doing what you want with your body (ingesting drugs)

But there's a body "inside" your body.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
Actually we have discussed it many times.

The unborn has a body of his/her own.

Different DNA.

Separate organs.

Apparently you can't focus on the topic and admit that this has already been covered.

Please educate yourself on the medical facts instead of ranting about 'no one can keep me from doing drugs. You just try and see what happens.'

I couldn't care less about your view on drugs.
and I have responded several times that the woman owns the fetus. If you take it out of her before the right time it will die. So would you be okay with a doctor inducing labor at 10 weeks delivering the baby and watching it die? after all it was not killed the way abortion normally happen. The woman did in fact give birth, would you have a problem with that? Doctors induce labor all the time, should we just make it so that a fetus cannot be removed until it is ready to come out on its own?

It is the womans body and she has the right to do what ever she wants with what is in or on her body. She can cut her hair, donate a kidney, blood and well what ever else she wants.

ALso to greatday, drug laws(depending on the drugs) are stupid. Drugs hurt those that do them but not all drugs are bad. Some perscription drugs are far worse than the illegal ones yet we are allowed to take them because they can be taxed.

If someone stands to make money off of something...it will happen. Abortions will always be there as long as someone is willing to pay for them. Abortions will not go away, there is no fix all solution to this. you either allow some woman to have abortions and then have another civil rights movement, you allow no one to have abortions and you will have a civil rights movement, or you allow abortions and a few nuts preach and whine that it is wrong, but overall everyone that counts is happy...hmm tough choice here.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
But there's a body "inside" your body.
exactly and the woman has a right to take it out.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
If someone stands to make money off of something...it will happen.
So what?

What kind of rationale is this for what should and should not be legal?

Old 07-26-2009, 01:28 PM

I am just informing you that where there is a will there is a way. where there is money there is a way. Just becasue something is illegal does not make it go away, in fact more people do it and dont care what anyone thinks not even what the government thinks. Plant that seed of anti government in too many people and you will have a war. If you outlaw abortion, you will make more people anti-government and anti-society. Is this what you want?

Old 07-26-2009, 02:09 PM

FM,

You can make all the threats that you wish (and you have made quite a few threats lately).

You still cannot make a rational argument why the unborn should not have his/her life protected.

You flail back and forth between medically false claims (i.e. 'it's the woman's body') and issuing threats.

But reason and reasonable discourse seem to be beyond you.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:21 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
FM,

You can make all the threats that you wish (and you have made quite a few threats lately).

You still cannot make a rational argument why the unborn should not have his/her life protected.

You flail back and forth between medically false claims (i.e. 'it's the woman's body') and issuing threats.

But reason and reasonable discourse seem to be beyond you.
So you admit that you don't care to argue whether abortion should be legal or not... Because you aren't making a case for either side. You're just talking. Come up with legitimate reasons as to why abortion should be illegal, and I'll be here to crush them just like I did to you in the birther thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies