Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 06:29 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiogrl View Post
What team would take him? I would think he would be a liability since he is so hated by everyone. If I were him (thank god I am not) I would get as far removed from the public eye as possible and try to piece together whatever life I had left.
WHOA he is not hated by everyone. Perhaps, he could come and play for the Detroit Lions. They need a winning QB.
Doesn't he deserve a second chance???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 06:31 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
No.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:35 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
I don't know if he will get to play or not, but if he does, I suspect he will NEVER hear the end of his guilt on animal cruelty. I hope he never does hear the end.

He could probably go to the Raiders. Honestly, I don't see what the draw is to Vick. The guy has some of the most amazing athletic skills ever, but his leadership skills are zilch. And I would imagine it would be hard for many teammates to look up to him in any way at all knowing what a sick person he is. As a matter of fact, I'd love it to see a lineman drop coverage and allow a linebacker a career ending blindsided sack on Vick. THAT would be great!

Old 05-20-2009, 06:43 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,713 times
Default Vick did his Time!

I see everyday in the paper, Murderers, Rapers, pedophiles, Thieves(That include Wall Street Villains), Politicians and Drug Dealers get out of Jail and do the same OL thing!

I think a person is more important than a animal.

I do love animals.

Vick deserves a chance. Geez!!

A whole lot of you guys think he was a terrorist wow!

I'm not sure the commish will give him a chance anyways!!

Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times
Isn't it a firing offense to engage in gambling if you're a pro ball player?

Old 05-21-2009, 04:49 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
WHOA he is not hated by everyone. Perhaps, he could come and play for the Detroit Lions. They need a winning QB.
This is a little off topic but Mike Vick is as dumb as a brick. No team is going anywhere with him as quarterback.

He got caught and got pretty well hammered. He should be allowed to play. If the NFL does not let him, it will be because of politics. I would take him and make him a running back or a defensive back.

- Reel

Old 05-21-2009, 06:17 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desol11 View Post
if michael vick was not famous he would not have been caught. where i am from new orleans they fight dogs all day long, no one gets caught. that's just the south.
Yeah I mentioned in an earlier post I read the Louisiana papers almost every day and they are always busting up dog fighting rings.

I do not condone dog fighting or **** fighting, think it's dispicable, BUT, when raised in a culture that accepts this I can understand how he got caught up in it...

He paid the price freedom wise & financially...time to move on people let it rest

Last edited by njkate; 05-21-2009 at 06:27 AM..

Old 05-21-2009, 06:58 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
Im as much of a dog lover as anyone. I have had a pit bull. My grandfather had one on his farm (I grew up beside them) when I was little until someone poisoned it. I really think he has some mental problems and really just want to know what he was thinking/feeling. I cant understand it at all.

That being said he has paid dearly for the mistake. He went from the highest paid NFL player (or maybe 2nd?) to making 10/hr working construction. He lost well over $130mil in contracts. Probably closer to 200-250mil if you think about it.

I think they should reinstate him. That doesnt mean a team has to take him. Someone will, though. I never thought he was a good QB anyways. He was average. He could throw the ball a mile and run fast but was not accurate at all.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:59 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
My co-worker just told me that she heard he has to do community service as well....at of all places, the Humane Society!!! Brilliant idea!! She then said she didn't think he'd be abusing dogs again. Um, once an abuser always an abuser. Whether it's w/people or animals.

I know its a lot different but when I heard that myself I was thinking "well....would they send a convicted child molester to do community service at a daycare?"

Old 05-21-2009, 07:00 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
What in hell did this guy do to make all of you want to run him through a shredder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies