Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 02:53 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times

Advertisements

If true, this is stunning. Part of me says it can't be true. I'm trying to find ways to verify or disprove it.

It does jive with President Obama's stated intention to "return the wealth to its 'rightful' owners", and otherwise "spread the wealth around". But I frankly didn't expect him to do it in such a baldfacedly larcenous way.

Can anyone provide any evidence that either supports or disproves this?

------------------------------------

American Thinker Blog: Letter from a Dodge dealer

Letter to the editor

My name is George C. Joseph. I am the sole owner of Sunshine Dodge-Isuzu, a family owned and operated business in Melbourne, Florida. My family bought and paid for this automobile franchise 35 years ago......

Mod cut-copyright issues-click link for more info.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Before you ask, yes, this guy is legitimate:

SUNSHINE DODGE INC
840 SO HARBOR CITY BLVD 41373 DT
MELBOURNE, FL 32901-1999
GEORGE C JOSEPH

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 05-20-2009 at 08:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 02:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
I suggest that they look at their franchise agreement. If they are due compensation it should be in the contract, if not... that's capitalism.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:58 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I suggest that they look at their franchise agreement. If they are due compensation it should be in the contract, if not... that's capitalism.
I agree.....

They are a franchise. The company can terminate the agreement. (as far as I know)
And they are doing it.
Guess they (the dealer) didn't read the small print......

If you want to blame somebody, blame the wallstreet banks and investors that gambled everything away.

[SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]

Last edited by plannine; 05-20-2009 at 03:07 PM..

Old 05-20-2009, 03:08 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
If true, this is stunning. Part of me says it can't be true. I'm trying to find ways to verify or disprove it.

It does jive with President Obama's stated intention to "return the wealth to its 'rightful' owners", and otherwise "spread the wealth around". But I frankly didn't expect him to do it in such a baldfacedly larcenous way.

Can anyone provide any evidence that either supports or disproves this?
It does seem crazy, but then the 0bama administration seems to be a bunch of authoritarians, recreating the private sector as they see fit.

One dealership owner, I heard on the radio, said his dealership was one of the most profitable in his area, and yet he is being closed down, and other faltering dealerships were given the green light to take over his business. And to top it off, he said he was begged by Chrysler to take a shipment of new vehicles, and promised they had his back, and now he is stuck with them.

I hope our constitutionally protect press starts to actually cover all this from a non-partisan viewpoint, and actually keep us informed of the truth, and not regurgitate Washington, spin merchant, rhetoric.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:09 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
I agree.....

They are a franchise. The company can terminate the agreement. (as far as I know)
And they are doing it.
Guess they (the dealer) didn't read the small print......

If you want to blame somebody, blame the wallstreet banks and investors that gambled everything away.
Wall street is not doing this, government is.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:11 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
And will likely end up owning it all, somewhere down the line.

Capitalism? Communism? seems we may be finding the fine line with this one.......

Old 05-20-2009, 03:16 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It does seem crazy, but then the 0bama administration seems to be a bunch of authoritarians, recreating the private sector as they see fit.

One dealership owner, I heard on the radio, said his dealership was one of the most profitable in his area, and yet he is being closed down, and other faltering dealerships were given the green light to take over his business. And to top it off, he said he was begged by Chrysler to take a shipment of new vehicles, and promised they had his back, and now he is stuck with them.

I hope our constitutionally protect press starts to actually cover all this from a non-partisan viewpoint, and actually keep us informed of the truth, and not regurgitate Washington, spin merchant, rhetoric.
Oh so it was Obama and his minions that took his dealership away!.....ahaa!.....LOL

Old 05-20-2009, 03:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:

One dealership owner, I heard on the radio, said his dealership was one of the most profitable in his area, and yet he is being closed down, and other faltering dealerships were given the green light to take over his business.
Are you actually trying to argue that based upon Chrysler's brilliant(sic) tack record as a company that the illogic of this decision (if the story is correct) couldn't possibly be emanating from Chrysler's management without any input from the government? If so, surely you jest.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:25 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Are you actually trying to argue that based upon Chrysler's brilliant(sic) tack record as a company that the illogic of this decision (if the story is correct) couldn't possibly be emanating from Chrysler's management without any input from the government? If so, surely you jest.
Shhh! Dont tell anyone. This particular dealer was a known Republican...the proceeds will be given to ACORN.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:27 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times
Quote:
Wall street is not doing this, government is.

Where did you read this?

List of Chrysler Dealers to Be Closed - Auto Industry Tracker - WSJ

Three Area Chrysler Dealerships To Be Closed - Corpus Christi, TX | KRISTV.COM | (http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10362532&nav=menu192_11_4_1 - broken link)

Chrysler (and GM) is telling them, not the government.

In many cases they should have done it years ago.

Some of them sold less then 5 new cars a month. (They sold lots of used cars, but that doesnt help the company)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies