Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 03:36 PM

130 posts, read 175,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Oabma has even spent anyhting on healthcare and he has tapped out teh nation for years to come.Its going to require evryone paying bar none to get there. Its the free entitlements that people want that are breaking this nation.; 50% pay no income tax which says it all.
Typical liberals want something for nothing, its just in their blood.

They want you and I to pay for it.

50% of those people who pay zero taxes need to start paying their fair share.

We need to end our tax system and go with a 20% across the board tax so everyone pays into the system instead of the select few.

We need to stop all the free rides totally.

Obamas plan is to steal from the haves ( not him of courses as he will hide his assets from it ) and give it to the have nots.

He already has spent money we could not repay for many years at his rate.

Of course unless he drops welfare and all social programs then we might be able to pay for his spending in 20 years or so.

Every single American who is 18 years old should be paying something into the system. It is not fair for the rich or the people who are doing well to cover the butts of those people who do nothing or little and expect a handout.

Maybe we can start a government work for food program, a toll booth on every single highway, welfare parent volunteering at school and hospitals etc so we can get some return on our money.

I am all for a flat tax of 20% on "everyone" so we can pay for Obama's misguided spending. No more freebies. Everyone pays to play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 03:38 PM

37,179 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

The system has not run unchecked, not even close, the whole system went to the crappers because the GOVERNMENT encouraged things to be sold for higher than value, the GOVERNMENT insured things that were sold higher than value, the GOVERNMENT causes bubbles, by artificially inflating the values by dictating things like interest rates, credit scores, insuring mortgages, and overall national debt..
If you're that unhappy with the government, you ought to move somewhere more to your liking.

You will have essentially what you have now until at least 2016, and if the 'pubs don't figure out how to get rid of Limbaugh, Cheney, and Rove and stop the hemorraging of members, you may see it for the rest of your life.

How big a gambler are you?

Old 05-25-2009, 03:39 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
C-SPAN host Steve Scully: You know the numbers, $1.7 trillion debt, a national deficit of $11 trillion. At what point do we run out of money?
The quote in the OP doesn't understand debt vs deficit.
How embarrassing for that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
If anything, more government control and better regulation of your banking system is in order. Prior to this, things have been left unchecked and LOOK what has happened.

What country are you living in?

Government control is what got us into this mess.

And Obama is trying to control our banking system and money and you have already seen what a huge mistake that is.

Things have not been left unchecked and the people can do a better job then the government.

I do not want the government in the business of controlling things. Then they have total control of you like a little robot.

37,179 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going-2-Florida View Post
Typical liberals want something for nothing, its just in their blood.

They want you and I to pay for it.

50% of those people who pay zero taxes need to start paying their fair share.

We need to end our tax system and go with a 25% across the board tax so everyone pays into the system instead of the select few.

We need to stop all the free rides totally.

Obamas plan is to steal from the haves ( not him of courses as he will hide his assets from it ) and give it to the have nots.

He already has spent money we could not repay for many years at his rate.

Of course unless he drops welfare and all social programs then we might be able to pay for his spending in 20 years or so.

Every single American who is 18 years old should be paying something into the system. It is not fair for the rich or the people who are doing well to cover the butts of those people who do nothing or little and expect a handout.

Maybe we can start a government work for food program, a toll booth on every single highway, welfare parent volunteering at school and hospitals etc so we can get some return on our money.

I am all for a flat tax of 20% on "everyone" so we can pay for Obama's misguided spending. No more freebies. Everyone pays to play.
You went from 25% to 20% before you finished your post.

Two more paragraphs and you would have been a liberal.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You went from 25% to 20% before you finished your post.

Two more paragraphs and you would have been a liberal.

Gosh, I had to fix that real quick. I sure do not want to be confused with any liberal that is for sure.

I was thinking 15% but then I remember Obama being in charge and had to bump it up to pay for his welfare plans.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If you're that unhappy with the government, you ought to move somewhere more to your liking.

You will have essentially what you have now until at least 2016, and if the 'pubs don't figure out how to get rid of Limbaugh, Cheney, and Rove and stop the hemorraging of members, you may see it for the rest of your life.

How big a gambler are you?

Dream on.

It wont take people long to see the mistake. They are already seeing they made a mistake voting for this man.

And people like Biden, Pelosi and Reid are any better then the above, I think not.

Just to let you know the 3 you mentioned are ten times smarter people then anyone you can toss out.

You do not like them because they make your skin crawl.

Gambler, well millions gambled on Obama and so far they have lost their asses.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:47 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,811 times
Quote:
Gosh, I had to fix that real quick. I sure do not want to be confused with any liberal that is for sure.

I was thinking 15% but then I remember Obama being in charge and had to bump it up to pay for his welfare plans.
Since future generations are going to end up paying the debt anyway, I'll have to go with the Republicans on this one and vote for drastic reductions.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:49 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,060 times
Quote:
What country are you living in?

Government control is what got us into this mess.

And Obama is trying to control our banking system and money and you have already seen what a huge mistake that is.

Things have not been left unchecked and the people can do a better job then the government.

I do not want the government in the business of controlling things. Then they have total control of you like a little robot.
I live in a country which has a sustainable health care system - is consistently ranked as one of the best countries in the world to live in. I live in a country that expects good governance regardless of political persuasion and has a banking system regulated in such a way that it is the best in the world. I live in a country where conservative and liberals actually respect one another and are actually very transient about being a conservative or liberal based on who is the best leader and who has the best policies at the time, not because of a strong partisanship for being either liberal or conservative -

The only thing that SUCKS about Canada is the cold weather and the fact the Maple Leafs haven't won a Stanley Cup since B.C and that we are so bloody free we allow a seperatist party to have political representation lol....

Last edited by mississauga75; 05-25-2009 at 04:06 PM..

Old 05-25-2009, 03:53 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Um...you're actually addressing Obama.... I just added the second half of his remarks, which the OP managed to leave out.
If your going to claim that the parts "left out" are valid, please be prepared to tell me why they are valid..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies