Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 03:55 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If your going to claim that the parts "left out" are valid, please be prepared to tell me why they are valid..
Oh, my God, are you saying you think I wrote all that?

for free? for an internet message board?

(responsibly, I gave a link.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 03:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If you're that unhappy with the government, you ought to move somewhere more to your liking.
I dont give up my right to complain about government because I live here, on the contrary, because I live here gives me the authority..
Quote:
You will have essentially what you have now until at least 2016, and if the 'pubs don't figure out how to get rid of Limbaugh, Cheney, and Rove and stop the hemorraging of members, you may see it for the rest of your life
I didnt realise Limbaugh, Cheney, Rove had anything to do with Obamas comments about "We're Out of Money".. please connect the dots if you can..
Quote:
How big a gambler are you?
I dont gamble, I take mathmatical risks

Old 05-25-2009, 03:57 PM

37,229 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going-2-Florida View Post
Dream on.

It wont take people long to see the mistake. They are already seeing they made a mistake voting for this man.

And people like Biden, Pelosi and Reid are any better then the above, I think not.

Just to let you know the 3 you mentioned are ten times smarter people then anyone you can toss out.

You do not like them because they make your skin crawl.

Gambler, well millions gambled on Obama and so far they have lost their asses.
Actually, I am appalled that the republicans are doing as badly as they are. I agree wholeheartedly with delusianne that we get the best ideas brought forth when there is a meeting of conflicting ideas and compromises are smelted and alloyed from the ore.

One party holding the only keys to the castle is a recipe for total disaster as we witnessed in the years 2003-8. I really hope that we can maintain two viable parties, but with the unholy triumvirate I just named at the helm, they really aren't going to appeal to much of anyone.

Specifically, if the party of Grumpy Old White Men cannot be made appealing to the youth market, they are finished.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh, my God, are you saying you think I wrote all that?

for free? for an internet message board? thanks, I guess.

(responsibly, I gave a link.)
If your going to add the parts left out, and then claim that it changes the original message, then be prepared to tell me why the parts left out offer something of substance different then the OP news story. I asked for a reason why you believed that it added to the story, are you avoiding the question because you dont have the answer?

p.s. you did say
Quote:
So, one option is just to do nothing. We say, well, it’s too expensive for us to make some short-term investments in health care. We can’t afford it. We’ve got this big deficit. Let’s just keep the health care system that we’ve got now.
I again ask you how the proposed system, saves money..

Old 05-25-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If your going to add the parts left out, and then claim that it changes the original message, then be prepared to tell me why the parts left out offer something of substance different then the OP news story. I asked for a reason why you believed that it added to the story, are you avoiding the question because you dont have the answer?

p.s. you did say

I again ask you how the proposed system, saves money..
pghquest! I didnt write it! It's stuff Obama said, that was left out! I said this is the part that the OP, and the OP's right wing source, and ITS right wing source, left out! All the stuff inside the bolded brackets is the stuff the OPand his sources left out of the Obama interview. I gave the link to my source.

It's not possible for me to be clearer than this.

okey dokey now? ai dios mio.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
pghquest! I didnt write it! I gave a link! I said this is the part that the OP, and the OP's right wing source, and ITS right wing source, left out!

I cant be clearer than this.

All the stuff inside the bolded brackets is the stuff the OPand his sources left out of the Obama interview.

okey dokey now?
I didnt read the link since you copied and pasted it, I misunderstood your
[excluded part begins here >]

I thought it meant that you proclaimed everything before that.. apologize for the confusion, I just dont think the part added changes the OP story, but I would really like to hear anyone who thinks that national healthcare saves money answer the questions

Old 05-25-2009, 04:10 PM

No, I didnt know how better to show it. It was more important to me to get the deliberately deleted part back IN to the conversation, than to analyze its content. Im sorry it was confusing. It's my fault >Chip'n'Dale politeness exchange [begin here>]<

Old 05-25-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
No, I didnt know how better to show it. Im sorry it was confusing. It's my fault >Chip'n'Dale politeness exchange [begin here>]<
It happens,

Maybe someone else that supports national healthcare can tell me how only changing the payee, cuts costs because the government has been dictating for ages how much the hospitals get paid for just about every procedure..

Old 05-25-2009, 04:23 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
I haven't read through the posts or even through the OP....but I will comment on the quote in the title.

How could he not have realized this a looooooong time ago?

Old 05-25-2009, 04:24 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Specifically, if the party of Grumpy Old White Men cannot be made appealing to the youth market, they are finished.
One of the GOP members actually had a larger base of support among 18-25 year olds than Obama did, percentage wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies