Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:00 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,639,103 times

Advertisements

[quote=Sunny-Days90;9015919]I know she will because liberals do not think with their brains!!

She will be confirmed just like Obama, get them in office and ask questions later. As with Obama, we are now paying the price for doing that.

Then again I am hoping a few honest libs congress members do the right thing and make sure she wont use her racist ways to make decisions that will effect us all.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting to see those cases...or are you just repeating the talking point you were told about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,805 times
For all intensive purposes I believe Gingrich would support Sotomayor if it had not been Obama who made the appointment. Obama has set up a pretty clever trap here.. He deliberately picked a minority candidate knowing that if anyone in the Senate voted against the confirmation, they would quickly be labeled a racist.. Hence why Republicans will have no choice but to vote for the confirmation.

Affirmative action or not, at least Sotomayor has experience in the court system, unlike some other appointees I could mention.. And as I said before, Obama could have done a lot worse..

Old 05-27-2009, 10:13 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Wow, you found 2 out of 1000's and use them.

She has 60% of her decisions overturned and most of them were because of her bias to minorities inwhich she clearly gave them the advantage only because they were a minority group.

Flat out the woman is a racist herself and a Karl Marx clone.

She wants the government to control your every move. If you want that kind of life then move out of the US as most of us do not want the government in our lives.
Now that is hysterically funny. Hannity/Scarborough level of hysteria. Thanks for the chuckles.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:32 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
She is going to be great. Get used to her.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:56 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,321,875 times
Quote:
She has 60% of her decisions overturned and most of them were because of her bias to minorities inwhich she clearly gave them the advantage only because they were a minority group.
You liar. She has one of the lowest rates of having decisions over turned in her entire circuit.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:58 AM

1,830 posts, read 5,352,409 times
Quote:
Wow, you found 2 out of 1000's and use them.

That's not true. 60% of her cases that were granted certiorari by Supreme Court were overturned, not 60% of all her decisions. Out of all the opinions she wrote over 11 years only 5 of them were granted cert and 3 of the 5 were reversed. That's actually a very good record.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Obama was the race President and we're heading back into being divided by race and ethnicity under his watch. I just don't like the idea that a nominee can be floated for racial demographics and vote getting interests at the expense of actual ability or qualifications. To not even be allowed to discuss a nominees suitability at the risk of being called racist is a sad commentary on how far back we've slipped recently.
Obama has tainted yet another institution.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:34 AM

639 posts, read 1,143,309 times
Don't judge her on her comments:
1) We make the laws....I guess I shouldn't say that because this is being taped........Has the United States changed to where judges now create laws??
2) Her experiences as a Latina woman make her more capable of making better decisions than a white man....
I guess we should just take Hussein at his word that she will be great and just ignore things she has said. Of course, the Democrats would crucify such a Republican nominee but in the interest of bi partisanship let us give Hussein whatever he wants.....he's following through on all those campaign promises isn't he???????

Old 05-28-2009, 04:40 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Don't judge her on her comments:
1) We make the laws....I guess I shouldn't say that because this is being taped........Has the United States changed to where judges now create laws??
2) Her experiences as a Latina woman make her more capable of making better decisions than a white man....
I guess we should just take Hussein at his word that she will be great and just ignore things she has said. Of course, the Democrats would crucify such a Republican nominee but in the interest of bi partisanship let us give Hussein whatever he wants.....he's following through on all those campaign promises isn't he???????
you didn't quote her properly.. and she's right.. the judicial branch does not make laws.. but they influence the law.. just like if the judicial branch of government was to overturn roe vs. wade.. it would make abortion illegal..
I don't understand how conservatives sit and talk about writing the law... they like to use it when the court rules against their wishes.. but little do they like to admit.. that christian lawyers and activists are constantly trying to influence the court to overturn the ruling to make abortion illegal.. isn't that going against their own rhetoric? A Government Class is in order for all of you... It is shocking at how easily rhetoric can blind people to the actual knowledge of how the government works.. Judges interpret the law... and make rulings which indeed influences the impact of law... If a law violates constitutional principles.. that is what the court must decide.. and if it does... the law is thrown out.. and whatever was illegal or legal becomes legal or illegal by their ruling...

Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Better than a lying, impeached draft-dodger.

Hey, I don't like Clinton, either. Never voted for him or his wife. But I wouldn't say Gingrich and Rove are "better." Not by a long shot.

Explain the connection to Sotomayor, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies