Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 09:15 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,580,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
Sotomayor is Puerto Rican.

That's a generalization. Most rural Mexicans don't see a lot of Blacks, and what they know comes from American media.
Think Menace II Society, BoyzNtheHood, rap music, etc.

When "lowerclass Mexicans" end up in the United States, they end up in the hoods where Blacks live. In the hood, there's a lot of people that don't necessarily give the best image of Blacks.

There's thugs, gangsters, tough guys that intimidate. And I'm sure those stories of illegals being robbed and women raped by Black thugs gets around. So maybe they do have a bad impression(not too different than your own impression of Hispanic illegals).

But to say "lower class Mexicans" are "generally racist against Blacks" is a wild generalization. It's like saying lower class White people are generally racist.

As far as what I wrote about poor Mexican immigrants living in Black neighborhoods, think about the tension between Koreans and Blacks in South Central in the 1990s. Back then there were lots of "lower class Mexicans" in South Central in LA without that tension.
Mexican illegal aliens enter this country considering Blacks inferior due to the inferior treatment they receive in Mexico. Are you telling me that people with brown skin are not discriminated against in Mexico? They are considered the peasant class, and are taught that brown skin is inferior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinthians127 View Post
A majority of Hispanics are racist against Blacks? A majority of Hispanics are mixed race.
I didn't say "Hispanic," I said "Mexican."

Old 05-28-2009, 09:20 PM

223 posts, read 300,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Mexican illegal aliens enter this country considering Blacks inferior due to the inferior treatment they receive in Mexico. Are you telling me that people with brown skin are not discriminated against in Mexico? They are considered the peasant class, and are taught that brown skin is inferior.
So if they are the ones being discriminated against, why do you call them racist?
Many of you would not want to say there are racist white people in the United States, but you have no problem talking about racist white people in Mexico?

And anyway, why is it a different situation that some Mexican illegals are wary of Blacks, than when Koreans in the same neighborhoods were wary of Blacks?
Do you not see the possibility that it might be for a reason other than "theyre racist!"?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:22 PM

709 posts, read 1,768,699 times
Quote:
That is B.S because I live in California which has the largest Mexican population in the U.S and the term "Brown Pride" is very common in the Mexican community. I never hear of Mexicans talk about wanting to mix with blond haired and blue eyed Anglo Saxons so that their children will come out with lighter skin.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:23 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,594,615 times
Quote:
Sonia Sotomayor 'La Raza member'

La Raza (NCLR) even established a school, which they aptly named Aztlan Academy.

National Council of La Raza: NCLR Affiliates (http://www.nclr.org/content/affiliates/detail/964/ - broken link)

So...?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
As usual, you're attempting to hijack this thread against any actual comments or discussion from anti illegals about Sonia Sotomayor. There is a lot that needs to said about her that you are trying to divert attention away from. I'm just pointing out what you've been able to do so far. If other anti illegals are going to let you and you and other La Raza ethnocentrics get away with it, sobeit. I personally don't want a member of the biased ethnocentric La Raza sworn in as a Supreme Court Justice.
Nor do I. They are ethnocentric, no matter what pro-illegals say.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:27 PM

"La pureza esta en la mezcla".

My family is proud of our mix. We range from as dark as a dark African-American, to as light complected as a full white person. The youngest generation of my family is completely mixed, kids of every shade.

My family came to this country as "low class Mexicans", but our family is very diverse. Mexicans of all shades, with some Filipinos and Indians(from India) and Blacks and Whites married in there making that youngest generation so mixed.

En lo puro, no hay futuro, la pureza esta en la mezcla.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
So if they are the ones being discriminated against, why do you call them racist?
Many of you would not want to say there are racist white people in the United States, but you have no problem talking about racist white people in Mexico?

And anyway, why is it a different situation that some Mexican illegals are wary of Blacks, than when Koreans in the same neighborhoods were wary of Blacks?
Do you not see the possibility that it might be for a reason other than "theyre racist!"?
It is no secret that Blacks have historically been considered by many as being THE inferior race. Thus, it is not surprising that Koreans or anyone else would be prejudiced when moving to this country. The behavior of some ignorant ghetto Blacks only reinforces it.

Mexican illegal aliens are racist toward blacks due to their indoctrination. It doesn’t matter that they themselves have been discriminated against in Mexico; it’s ingrained.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
That is B.S because I live in California which has the largest Mexican population in the U.S and the term "Brown Pride" is very common in the Mexican community. I never hear of Mexicans talk about wanting to mix with blond haired and blue eyed Anglo Saxons so that their children will come out with lighter skin.
They may have “Brown Pride” here, but they sure don’t have it in Mexico.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
It is no secret that Blacks have historically been considered by many as being THE inferior race. Thus, it is not surprising that Koreans or anyone else would be prejudiced when moving to this country. The behavior of some ignorant ghetto Blacks only reinforces it.

Mexican illegal aliens are racist towards blacks due to their indoctrination. It doesn’t matter that they themselves have been discriminated against in Mexico; it’s ingrained.
Wouldn't you agree the views of Blacks as inferior is worldwide? From Japan to Europe to America to Latin America?
Why do you act like it's unique to Mexicans?
While a white elite dominates Mexico like most places in the world, there isn't much (falsely perceived) purity in Mexico like there is in other places.

I don't believe there is truly a "pure race" anywhere, but it's pretty obvious there isn't much in Mexico.
Classism based on complexion is pretty common worldwide. Even among the African-American community itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies