Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,589,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Speaking of uninformed, you need to actually watch that video. Nowhere does anyone say that Obama is going to pay for her gas and mortgage.

"I don't have to worry..." does not equal "Obama is going to pay..."
You forget, you're trying to reason w/people on the right.....not the sharpest crayons in the box ya know.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:04 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,999,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm all for presidents taking time to unwind, and clear their heads, which is why I never begrudged any president from going to a specific place they have designated, such as Crawford, or Kennebunkport. These places have already been secured by the secret service, with installed security, and they contain all the communications and computer equipment the president needs to conduct his business. When they go to these places they are working.

0bama stroked his ego by going to a Broadway play, and waving to the crowds of adulating fans, as if, he and Michelle really were Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
They are working ???? Dream on !!!

Did you see this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
It will be extremely difficult of Obama to beat GWB's record of vacations, trips, outings, etc............!

Check out Bush's fun time itinerary!

President Bush By The Numbers - CBS News
Quote:
Number Of Baseball Games Attended: 12
(Including Game 3 of the World Series in Yankee Stadium on Oct. 30, 2001)

Number Of All Sporting Events Attended: 98
(Counting the Beijing Olympics as one)
Number Of Times President Bush Had Dinner Out At A Restaurant: 21

Number Of Visits To Camp David: 149, totaling all or part of 487 days.

Number Of Visits To His Texas Ranch: 77, totaling all or part of 490 days.

Number Of Visits To His Parents’ Home In Kennebunkport, Maine: 11, totaling all or part of 43

Number Of Out Of Town Domestic Trips: 609
(That's not counting Camp David visits or bike riding outings)

Number Of Rounds Of Golf Played As President: 24
(The last one on Oct. 13, 2003. President Bush has since explained that he stopped playing golf out of respect for the families of Americans killed in the war in Iraq.)
So ... you have no problem footing the 10 MILLION DOLLARS (and more) it cost to fly Bush on AIR FORCE ONE to Crawford 77 times?

And you have no problem paying the costs of AF1 for his 110 sporting events / baseball games ?

Or his AF1 costs for his 11 trips to Kennebunkport?

Or his AF1 costs for his 609 "out of town" trips, which would include Republican Fundraisers?

Old 06-02-2009, 12:06 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,589,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
They are working ???? Dream on !!!

So ... you have no problem footing the 10 MILLION DOLLARS (and more) it cost to fly Bush on AIR FORCE ONE to Crawford 77 times?

Also, did you see this post:

So, I take it you have no problem paying the costs of AF1 for his 110 sporting events / baseball games ?

Or his AF1 costs for his 11 trips to Kennebunkport?

Or his AF1 costs for his 609 "out of town" trips, which would include Republican Fundraisers?
You know what the answer will be? "yeah, but but but but....well but look, Obama has only been in office for 4 months & look what he's done already! but but but but but but.."

Old 06-02-2009, 12:07 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,126,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Speaking of uninformed, you need to actually watch that video. Nowhere does anyone say that Obama is going to pay for her gas and mortgage.

"I don't have to worry..." does not equal "Obama is going to pay..."
oh i didnt title the video so dont attack me, but there is no deneying that she "doesnt have to worry" because obama is going to "save her", thats what he does right? he saves the poor? hell he is the modern day robin hood right (wait can i say hood in this conversation?)

i love how litteral liberals try to make everything.

Quote:
He is a FAMILY MAN... HE HAS A WIFE AND KIDS... Just because he is now the PRESIDENT doesn't mean he now doesnt' go out for dinners and tries to lead a normal life like he did before....
so he would normally jump in his helicopter, fly down to a HUGE custom built airplane, take said plane to another city, taking along hundreds of armed security, jump in his fleet of limos, stop all traffic (foot and auto) in the middle of times square to go see a broadway show? HOLY CRAP where did he get all that money and power?
and while yes SOME of what we are in happened on bushs watch or because of bush NOT everything is solely bushs fault. the economy was at its strongest before the dems took over congress. things like the housing crunch stem from earlier situations and decissions (like clinton making laws so that every man and woman could get a loan on a house they could not afford). your saying that fannie and freddie crashed because of bush? your saying that bush told the oil speculators to jacks fuel prices up?

look i dont like a lot of things bush did but you left wingers have got to pull your head out and stop blaming one man.

remember one thing, the economy was GREAT until very late 2007, the dems took congress at the end of 2006, the economy has done nothing but tank ever since. coincidence?

Old 06-02-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
documentation backing this up.

Quote:
And you have no problem paying the costs of AF1 for his 110 sporting events / baseball games ?
if you cant even get the numbers right with the quote right in front of you, where is your credibility?

Quote:
Or his AF1 costs for his 11 trips to Kennebunkport
where he has a fully staffed and working office set up so he can work?

Quote:
documentation showing where he went and how long.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:17 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,608,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
If you think Obama is dumb, well then I really don't know what to say to you. Even his harshest critics would never accuse him of being dumb. You are blinded by your hatred for the man.

I live in NYC. There was NO traffic nightmare. Many of us travel all over the city and didn't even know about this trip until we read about it on this forum.

You are not being honest here.
I guess you were the only 1 in N.Y.C who didnt...

Old 06-02-2009, 12:20 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,543,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
oh i didnt title the video so dont attack me, but there is no deneying that she "doesnt have to worry" because obama is going to "save her", thats what he does right? he saves the poor? hell he is the modern day robin hood right (wait can i say hood in this conversation?)
Investment bankers are "the poor?" Wha'choo talkin' 'bout Willis?

Quote:
i love how litteral liberals try to make everything.
What's a "litteral liberal?"

(I'm not a liberal, Skippy.)

When a false claim is made, that's called "a lie." No, literally, it's called "a lie."

Old 06-02-2009, 01:04 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,924,179 times
Quote:
documentation backing this up.

if you cant even get the numbers right with the quote right in front of you, where is your credibility?

where he has a fully staffed and working office set up so he can work?

documentation showing where he went and how long.
The documentation for Bush's trips have been posted ad nauseam in this and other threads. No need to repost them, use your 'back' key.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:09 PM

hate to tell you SKIPPY but the evil gw bush is the one who gives money to the rich, the chosen one Obama wants to tax the rich so this nice woman can get some help on her house payment.

While you may not be liberal you may need some reading comprehension classes. And yeah I know, my spelling sucks.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:16 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,863,155 times
Quote:
hate to tell you SKIPPY but the evil gw bush is the one who gives money to the rich, the chosen one Obama wants to tax the rich so this nice woman can get some help on her house payment.

While you may not be liberal you may need some reading comprehension classes. And yeah I know, my spelling sucks.
I am not rich and I got more money under Bush then I do Obama?

Why should the rich help you with your house? Heck why should anyone help you with your house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies