Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 06:27 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
They reject the feminine boys and masculine girls because they don't see them as being normal. They are not told to do this. They do it all on their own. Wouldn't you agree?
um, no.

What's a feminine boy? I'm having trouble picturing what that would look like in a five year old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 06:40 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
while not exactly to the point of this thread, the 2 negatives with same sex mariage and its advocates i have,
1) mariage and the union of 2 people was and is intended for the purpose of procreation. this is not a religious fact this is a NATURAL fact. you can not procreate without having one of each sex. (science allows gay women to have babies but it was not the other gay woman who did it unless she is the doctor maybe)
2) i hear constantly "whats wrong with gay marriage" and it is beaten into us (much like this thread and a couple others i have seen). the advocates spend all the time in the world telling us how we have to respect their beliefs all along not respecting ours. gay marriage advocates are some of the most hypocritical advocates out there. take miss california as an example. she did no bashing, all she did was state her PERSONAL beliefs and every gay rights nutjob (and not nutjob) out there spent every waking hour bashing her and screaming for her to be removed!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:44 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
They reject the feminine boys and masculine girls because they don't see them as being normal. They are not told to do this. They do it all on their own. Wouldn't you agree?
I think any child who does this has been told to do it.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:03 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Seven states have no income tax.
Two states tax only interest and dividends.
Seven states have flat taxes.
I'm pretty sure at least some of the states with civil unions allow joint filing areadly.
Until these marriages/unions are accepted nationally or unless some exception is made, even if every individual state decides to allow them, these couples (if both work) will still lose the benefit of joint federal filing.
Does anybody have any idea how this can work out if it is a states rights issue?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:18 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andtylertoo View Post
Gay sex was a crime not that long ago.

I want 100% guarantee gay marriage and it's ramifications won't lead to NAMBLA getting any rights.
Don't be a maroon --- raping your wife used to be legal not that long ago. Beating the crap out of your wife used to be legal not that long ago. Forcing your daughter to marry someone she didn't want to used to be legal not that long ago.

Wait - what was your point again?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:28 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
2) i hear constantly "whats wrong with gay marriage" and it is beaten into us (much like this thread and a couple others i have seen). the advocates spend all the time in the world telling us how we have to respect their beliefs all along not respecting ours. gay marriage advocates are some of the most hypocritical advocates out there. take miss california as an example. she did no bashing, all she did was state her PERSONAL beliefs and every gay rights nutjob (and not nutjob) out there spent every waking hour bashing her and screaming for her to be removed!
Gay people are not telling you how you can or can't live. we're not attempting to rob you of rights. this whole, "gays aren't respecting our rights" makes zero sense. How are we not respecting your rights? by disagreeing? that's not robbing you of anything.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:37 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
To the OP - I do not think the arguement has ever been about direct negative effects of gay marriages...
Then why is it called 'defense' of marriage? What is being 'defended' other than the 'traditional definition' of a word? And, really, how is marriage being 'harmed'?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:42 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Recognition from the government, and the entitlements that accompany. They are asking for "government interference".

They claim that they are arguing for the principle that government should not dictate what goes on in personal spheres, yet they are asking for just that.

That is the special treatment. Not to mention the government interference they have managed to place on hiring. (No discrimination based on sexual orientation).
Do we heterosexuals have 'government recognition' of our marriages? YES! So why should same sex couples not have that same recognition?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 AM

297 posts, read 349,111 times
Quote:
while not exactly to the point of this thread, the 2 negatives with same sex mariage and its advocates i have,
1) mariage and the union of 2 people was and is intended for the purpose of procreation. this is not a religious fact this is a NATURAL fact. you can not procreate without having one of each sex. (science allows gay women to have babies but it was not the other gay woman who did it unless she is the doctor maybe)
Should people who are unable or unwilling to have children be prevented from marrying?

Quote:
Nobody is disrespecting your beliefs nor are we trying to take away your rights to those beliefs. Let me state this again, plainly: We are seeking the same rights that heterosexuals currently enjoy and that we are entitled to under the United States Constitution as law abiding and tax paying citizens:

Denying LGBT Americans the LIBERTY to enter into a marriage contract with another consenting adult of their choice, regardless of their sex, is in direct violation of the 14th amendment to the the United States Constitution.

14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution Section 1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

As to Miss CA, I do not believe that she or any other beauty pageant contestant should even be considered on th enational stage, regardless of their views. I mean, c'mon! They are BEAUTY QUEENS, not intellectual political scholars. Having said that, I could care less who is Miss Ca, Miss America or anything else or what they say. She is certainly entitled to her opinions.

However, signing up and promoting anti-gay organizations(or pro-gay for that matter) as a spokesperson is against her legal contract with the Miss America organization, I believe.

I wonder what Jesus thinks about her exposing herself for money though? He and her father must be real proud of her for being "entertainment material" for young adolescent heterosexual males.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Considering the amount of noise the Right makes about individual freedom, I have to wonder why they are so vehemently opposed to legally recognizing a union or marriage between two individuals of the same sex. Why do they want to restrict the legal benefits and responsibilities of marriage to only heterosexual couples? Is the Right trying to use the power of government to discriminate against gays? Why do they want to create a separate class of citizens? Why would they want to do this if they champion individual rights?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies