Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 08:50 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,296,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
LOL. Yeah, right! Palin and her fans don't know what they're up against - or how silly they look.
Says the person who laughs at the idea of a 14 year being raped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 08:56 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,507,962 times
I kind of think that Letterman went a little overboard with the rape joke. Hey, I know he would go bananas if she were to say a sex joke about his son.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:58 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,642,581 times
Michael Savage was thrown off MSNBC for making an AIDS joke, But Letterman should get to stay for making a "Rape a 14 year old joke"...Liberal hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:13 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,466,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
I kind of think that Letterman went a little overboard with the rape joke. Hey, I know he would go bananas if she were to say a sex joke about his son.
This is gaining momentum at last!

NY Times Airbrushes Letterman's Willow Palin Sex Jokes From Their Website
Gateway Pundit: NY Times Airbrushes Letterman's Willow Palin Sex Jokes From Their Website (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/06/ny-times-airbrushes-lettermans-willow.html - broken link)

LETTERMAN SORT OF APOLOGIZES ABOUT PALIN WISECRACK
DAVID LETTERMAN SORT-OF APOLOGIZES FOR SARAH AND WILLOW PALIN JOKES - New York Post

Old 06-13-2009, 09:13 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,633,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Nope wrong the

NOW -The National Organization of Women

I just went to their website Letterman made it into the
NOW's Media Hall of Shame!
Brilliant IDEA!!!! I love it!

Heres a bit of what they had to say!

NOW Analysis:
After two nights of "jokes" at the expense of Palin and her family, Letterman tried to explain himself and offer something of an apology. On his June 10 show, Letterman said he was referring to Palin's 18-year-old daughter, Bristol -- not the 14-year-old daughter who actually accompanied Palin on her New York trip.
Letterman said "I recognize that these are ugly" jokes.NOW agrees. Comedians in search of a laugh should really know better than to snicker about men having sex with teenage girls (or young women) less than half their age.

The sexualization of girls and women in the media is reaching new lows these days -- it is exploitative and has a negative effect on how all women and girls are perceived and how they view themselves.
Letterman also joked about what he called Palin's "slutty flight attendant look" -- yet another example of how the media love to focus on a woman politician's appearance, especially as it relates to her sexual appeal to men.
Someone of Letterman's stature, who appears on what used to be known as "the Tiffany Network" (CBS), should be above wallowing in the juvenile, sexist mud that other comedians and broadcasters seem to prefer

NOW's Media Hall of Shame

MRC Founder Brent Bozell just returned from a FOX News interview where he strongly denounced late-night talk show host David Letterman’s reprehensible attack against Alaska governor Sarah Palin and her 14 year-old daughter, Willow.
Click here to see Brent’s interview on Fox (http://www.mrcaction.org/r.asp?U=19634 - broken link).

Statutory rape is no joke … yet few in the media have even raised an eyebrow.

Kudos to NOW for doing the right thing. Wow, NOW may soon earns its soul back.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:47 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,466,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Kudos to NOW for doing the right thing. Wow, NOW may soon earns its soul back.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:49 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,702,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Says the person who laughs at the idea of a 14 year being raped.
I'm not sure what to say other than that your accusation is false. You've made it at least 10 times now. It's bordering on harassment.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:05 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
New York State Assembly Minority Leader Brian Kolb, a Republican, is calling on the CEO of CBS to fire David Letterman for crude comments he made about Sarah Palin and her daughter.

In the letter to CBS chief Les Moonves, Kolb said he took Letterman to task for the "shockingly inappropriate" jokes.

New York Lawmaker Calls on CBS to Fire Letterman for Palin Comments - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment - FOXNews.com
Weren't the repubs all in a snit about Obama firing some exec.....????

Kolb owns CBS ????? My, my, he sure doesn't like free speech, too much, does he???

Old 06-13-2009, 10:20 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,296,603 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what to say other than that your accusation is false. You've made it at least 10 times now. It's bordering on harassment.

Your words not mine:

Quote:
Awesome! This means David Letterman is cool again!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:23 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,642,581 times
Quote:
And your continued proselytization was as ridiculous the first time as it was the last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies