Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:20 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,286 times

Advertisements

It seems that people have no problem taxing drinkers, smokers, etc....

What about the people that really mess up the environment. Pet owners.

Everyone is so concerned about second hand smoke...What about the smelly, dirty animals that people drag around everywhere with them...Crapping all over the place.

Add to this the constant danger they put the rest of us in...over 1 million bites per year from dogs and cats...Often on children.

Just tonight, walking to my house, again I was confronted with some stupid woman walking a mutt that was too big for her to handle...And I had to get out of the way, because the dog was going at everyone it was passing by.

The woman was barely able to hold it back.

This is getting ridiculous.

I understand that people are even allowed to bring these animals on planes (if they are in cages???)...What?...The rest of us would have to sit there smelling the mutt's crap for 3 hours?...Talk about a good reason to go beserk on a plane!!!

People that own snakes...Not just that it's an ego/power trip...But, these snakes are becoming an environmental problem. They should be taxed thousands of dollars.

I would say that any animal owner should be taxed at least several hundred dollars per year....It's disgusting, and cruel....Animals belong in nature. They should not be over-breeded for peoples amusement (which dies out very quickly, too often, and we are stuck picking up the bill for the abandoned ones).

Tax pets...Big time...That will raise some money...And make a healthier environment.

By the way...Nothing is skeevier than sitting in someone's house, smelling the animals (which many of us find just as bad as smoker's houses), watching the dog or cat cleaning it's butt on the rug (after taking a crap) or after licking it's butt, then jumping up on the couch with you...Don't you pet owners realize how disgusting this is?

When the rest of us are sitting there spitting hairs out of our mouth, turning our noses away from the stinking things...Do you really think that we're enjoying "Poochie"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 11:26 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Well I was agreeing with you when I started reading, but then you kind of went off the deep end there near the end.

FTR, many cities do require pet owners pay annual licensing fees.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:37 PM

Default You may be a pet owner...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Well I was agreeing with you when I started reading, but then you kind of went off the deep end there near the end.

FTR, many cities do require pet owners pay annual licensing fees.
I suspect that you may be a pet owner...I'm not sure, but you may be.

On a topic like this, there will be opinions all over the place. I have some great friends that own pets...I just can't stand being around the animals...It's not that I am overly allergic to them - It's just that I don't live with animals, and whan I go into a house with animals, I smell them, my nose tickles, and I get the sensation that hair is going in my mouth (which is probably true, because let's face it...animals shed).

And, animal owners feel righteous about letting their pets crap on whatever little green spaces there are left where people live, and kids play.

To the animal owners, the attitude is "Hey, it's good for the grass"...Yeah, the little grass that everyone else want's to also enjoy...I guess the animal owners feel that their pets have more rights to feel grass under their feet than kids do.

As far as pet license fees...Big deal!..What $20...$50 per year....?...If you tax smokers $2/day (per pack), why not the same for pets?...To cover the medical bills from the dog bites.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Nuttiness. The benefits of having a pet far outweigh the disadvantages for many millions of people around the world. It would not be a good idea to make it more difficult for people to adopt pets.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:44 PM

698 posts, read 1,509,948 times
This is absolutely retarded. If they actually were able to somehow enforce the tax, it would result in people abandoning their animals or not reporting them to the government. It would be an incredible waste of money as it would cost more to enforce than they would bring in as tax revenue.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:45 PM

Default Not too exteme, are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Nuttiness. The benefits of having a pet far outweigh the disadvantages for many millions of people around the world. It would not be a good idea to make it more difficult for people to adopt pets.
Nuttiness???...Gee nothing like freedom of speech or opinion...

Another pet owner, I imagine?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:48 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Nuttiness???...Gee nothing like freedom of speech or opinion...

Another pet owner, I imagine?
Oh, please. I said nothing about suppressing your freedom to speak your mind. What - did you post here thinking that everyone would agree with you?

Freedom of speech applies to everybody, including your critics.

And no, I don't own a pet.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:49 PM

Default No time like the present to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post
This is absolutely retarded. If they actually were able to somehow enforce the tax, it would result in people abandoning their animals or not reporting them to the government. It would be an incredible waste of money as it would cost more to enforce than they would bring in as tax revenue.
To solve a problem, you start somewhere, at some time...

Don't people that are allergic to animals have rights?...I imagine there are more than are allergic to peanuts.

None of you are yet denying the facts that I state...Because they are simply true...

It's a problem.

Care to challenge me on the number of bites per year...It's common knowledge...type in dog bites as a search.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:52 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
It seems that people have no problem taxing drinkers, smokers, etc....

What about the people that really mess up the environment. Pet owners.

Everyone is so concerned about second hand smoke...What about the smelly, dirty animals that people drag around everywhere with them...Crapping all over the place.

Add to this the constant danger they put the rest of us in...over 1 million bites per year from dogs and cats...Often on children.

Just tonight, walking to my house, again I was confronted with some stupid woman walking a mutt that was too big for her to handle...And I had to get out of the way, because the dog was going at everyone it was passing by.

The woman was barely able to hold it back.

This is getting ridiculous.

I understand that people are even allowed to bring these animals on planes (if they are in cages???)...What?...The rest of us would have to sit there smelling the mutt's crap for 3 hours?...Talk about a good reason to go beserk on a plane!!!

People that own snakes...Not just that it's an ego/power trip...But, these snakes are becoming an environmental problem. They should be taxed thousands of dollars.

I would say that any animal owner should be taxed at least several hundred dollars per year....It's disgusting, and cruel....Animals belong in nature. They should not be over-breeded for peoples amusement (which dies out very quickly, too often, and we are stuck picking up the bill for the abandoned ones).

Tax pets...Big time...That will raise some money...And make a healthier environment.

By the way...Nothing is skeevier than sitting in someone's house, smelling the animals (which many of us find just as bad as smoker's houses), watching the dog or cat cleaning it's butt on the rug (after taking a crap) or after licking it's butt, then jumping up on the couch with you...Don't you pet owners realize how disgusting this is?

When the rest of us are sitting there spitting hairs out of our mouth, turning our noses away from the stinking things...Do you really think that we're enjoying "Poochie"?
You know, I feel the same way about kids. Why not tax parents for having them?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:58 PM

Default No problem with differences, I expect that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh, please. I said nothing about suppressing your freedom to speak your mind. What - did you post here thinking that everyone would agree with you?

Freedom of speech applies to everybody, including your critics.

And no, I don't own a pet.
What I don't expect is a term like "Nuttiness"...

I would suspect that this would only come from a compuslive personality...Not someone that believes in others rights to opinions.

And again - pick any of my statements, and give an opposing fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies