Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 10:08 AM

33 posts, read 98,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
That's more than the streetwalkers get!

Ensign demanded Clinton's and Craig's resignation- now its time for this sleezeball to GO.
Clinton didn't resign, so why should Ensign? At least Ensign admitted to the affair, unlike Clinton, who committed perjury on that very issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 10:11 AM

1,515 posts, read 3,334,988 times
Now I don't condone this. I honestly think what he did was despicable, and that his rising star has been shot down.

But one thing to remember, he was separated from his wife at the time... not that that makes it any better. I don't believe in sex outside of marriage ever, so I can't pretend to support him.

But to you Democrats showing disgust: You are the ones that have told us that sex outside of marriage is not only not bad, but a GOOD THING. Stop acting shocked when a Republican does what you say normal people should do. Any Democrat that doesn't believe in abstinence-only education has no right to be indignant. If you do believe in that, go ahead and make this guy sleep in the bed he made.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:18 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,497,598 times
Maybe you don't remember the scolding Billy and Edward were giving to people who cheated on others... No party has a monopoly on hypocrisy. If they're cheaters there cheaters. They are suppose to be making ethical decisions and if they can't do it in their personal lives they can't do it in their public ones either. Sometimes I question some of you folks ability at decision making.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:24 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,139,904 times
it is absolutely NO ONES business where ANYONE dips their wick. Private citizen or elected one.......

The only problem with slick willie was that he lied under oath......and for that he is ALWAYS going to be a slimeball

Old 06-17-2009, 10:27 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,232,779 times
It appears there was money involved.

Ensign appears to be getting points because he could not afford to buy the couple off?

I don't think so...

Old 06-17-2009, 10:29 AM

297 posts, read 349,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
But to you Democrats showing disgust: You are the ones that have told us that sex outside of marriage is not only not bad, but a GOOD THING.
Actually, I don't feel that it is good or bad. We rarely know the full circumstances, and what happens in other people's marriages is none of our business unless a crime was committed. I think there is more of this same air of indifference from most of my Democrat friends than anything else.

Quote:
Stop acting shocked when a Republican does what you say normal people should do.
It's not shock...it's pure unadulterated (pun intended) glee at watching yet another religious fanatic fall victim to that which he adamently preached against and condemned others for.

Quote:
Any Democrat that doesn't believe in abstinence-only education has no right to be indignant.
Any person that believes that abstinence-only education is the only education that our children should receive is an irrational person living in a delusional world based solely on the outdated teachings of a 3500 year book.

Some children WILL have sex when they reach a certain age. That's a FACT. Would you rather they not be taught about safe sex to prevent the dangers of STD's and the ramifications of teen pregnancy in addition to an abstinence-only approach? Teaching both is acceptable. Teaching abstinence only is just plain dangerous and unwise.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:41 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,255,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Show me the republican that denies there is people in the party that are racist or that have cheated on their wife.

See the difference in a republican and a liberal. Republicans know they arent perfect and know they make mistakes and know that no one is perfect but yet they try to do the right thing and sometimes it just doesnt work out because such is life.
Let's do a quick recap of the facts as the news presented them:

Senator Ensign was separated from his wife. With fifty or sixty million single women in America, he was not resourceful enough to find one of them, so he had an affair with a married woman who was also his employee.

He decided to go public with the story and do an on-camera "Mea Culpa" when the woman's husband pressed him for money.

I haven't seen the part of the story where he tried to do anything right but it backfired. Can you fill in the blanks for us?

Last edited by cuebald; 06-17-2009 at 10:50 AM..

Old 06-17-2009, 10:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,837,665 times
At my age if I were boffing a 20 something young woman in a satisfactory manner I would want to be bragging (but would not because bragging is rude) and not carring what the prudes thought.

equality4all - Everybody, on the right wing at least, knows that any sex is sinful and indulging should be punished. After all sex can interfere with the proper worship of MAMMON.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:48 AM

990 posts, read 1,656,485 times
He was willing to pay for her silence but had to fess up when the silence of the husband was too expensive to purchase.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:04 AM

2,502 posts, read 8,926,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
it is absolutely NO ONES business where ANYONE dips their wick. Private citizen or elected one.......

The only problem with slick willie was that he lied under oath......and for that he is ALWAYS going to be a slimeball
Agreed. As long as a politician is doing their job, who cares what they do with their sex life? It's no one's business.

Sure, there's the salary issue, but how do we know that that wasn't her salary before the affair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies