Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 05:38 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times

Advertisements

What I find amusing is anyone that thinks a politician is anything but a liar and a cheat. After all that is their profession. This isn't a party issue. Its a politician issue. They all lie or cheat to some degree so hypocrisy goes hand and hand with the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 05:55 AM

37,185 posts, read 19,241,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Maybe people like RuPaul and Boy George do represent all the libs.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

At least they don't misrepresent who and what they are.

Give me a good, honest crook rather than a hypocrite any day.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:56 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,313,256 times
I just wonder if his girlfriend was a cutie! I hope he did not pull a Clinton and pick a homely little thing. As long as she was hot, I'm fine with it. It shows poor judgement to risk everything for a homely girl, don't you think?

Old 06-18-2009, 06:08 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
I'm ashamed to admit this but last year, I used to keep getting snail mail envelopes with Ensign's name in the return address and used to toss them, unopened. Who the heck is John Ensign, I used to think and why would the Republicans think I'd give him money (because that's the only mail you get from them along with fake surveys...much like the one I got from Hillary Clinton)? I listen to 4 - 5 hours of Fox News every weekday and I don't remember hearing this guy's name or seeing his face...EVER. So now this scandal breaks, I hear for the first time that he's from Nevada AND I hear he was a potential GOP Presidential candidate. I guess he was employing that tried and true presidential political strategy of hiding under a rock and jumping out 5 minutes before the election and going, "BOO!" so we'd know who he is. I could rattle off at least 5 GOP speculation names so it's not that I'm not attuned to who the supposed GOP up and comers are. If he's ever done something extraordinary in the Senate, I don't know about it.

So to make a long story short, this guy's scandal killed his future that I didn't even know he had in the first place.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:16 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Maybe people like RuPaul and Boy George do represent all the libs.

If your going to pick a couple of queens to represent us, at least pick good looking ones.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Darn right he would! Shall we talk about Ted Kennedy, just for starters? And what about Bill Clinton, the rapist? John Edwards??? I know there are others.

Hey, what about Gee Durbs, when he sold off Harken oil stock just before it tanked....

Oh, wait, daddy made it go away.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudynm View Post
Ensign: HIS STANCE
Ensign campaigned as a social conservative. He called for President Bill Clinton's resignation over his affair with Monica Lewinsky, as well as a gay marriage ban.

Your A Typical right wing nut.

That's a wide stance. Sorry, that's Larry Craig.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:24 AM

Olecapt:

Quote:
we need people who are in office who will hold themselves to a little higher standard." [10/18/07]
Wow, that is the very definition of ironic. If you make yourself a bastion of moral values, you'd better keep it in your pants, and glue the zipper shut. The problem is not so much the adultry, but the self righteous rhetoric he spewed.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:54 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Olecapt:

Wow, that is the very definition of ironic. If you make yourself a bastion of moral values, you'd better keep it in your pants, and glue the zipper shut. The problem is not so much the adultry, but the self righteous rhetoric he spewed.
Yup.

Here's some of Piggy Ensign's views(which he forgot):

"""Ensign was one of the leading voices calling for Republican Sen. Larry Craig to resign ..........called Craig a "disgrace" following the revelations.

In a speech "to defend the sanctity of marriage and urge passage of the Federal Marriage Amendment Act," on the Senate floor in 2004, Ensign said "marriage is the cornerstone on which our society was founded."

Old 06-18-2009, 07:42 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Exactly. Plus Ensign did not demand Craig's resignation. Implied it might be a good idea, but did not demand.

Anyway, my prescription for the resurrection and climb to the top for Mr. Ensign is fairly simple.

1.) Defect to the Democrat party, where cheats are cheered.""

The Democrats hardly cheered John Edwards...he's gone. And good riddance!

''2.) Act as an obstructionist. Run against Hairy for majority leader post.
3.) See the light, defect back to the Republican party in about a year. Attaboy!

Actually isn't their first step to "find god"

No,no, wait they need the photo op with their wife (looking absolutely "joyous") to PROVE how she still loves/supports him....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies