Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:52 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,399 times

Advertisements

all I can say is.... typical...
christian conservative.... really???

jesus christ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
I'd take Ensign over Dingy Harry any day!
That's SCARY HARRY if you don't mind

Old 06-17-2009, 08:50 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,523,771 times
Normally - people's private lives should be their own, he cheats its between him and his wife.

The problem's I have here are
1 he liked making Clinton's public and he made public pronouncements that Clinton should resign. That was before the "oath" thing.
2. She was being paid tax money.

Otherwise people's sex lives should be their own.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:59 PM

33 posts, read 98,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
JDinLV, I just love you liberals. Sure I've made many mistakes but do I deliberately take trust that has been bestowed on me and abuse it, I think not. You have mistakes confused with deliberate lack of integrity. Bend over and just keep on letting politicians use and abuse your money. You deserve it with that attitude.
*chuckle* I'm the furthest thing from a "liberal." I just think people should hold off on publicly castrating the guy until all the facts are out. Libelous remarks can be troublesome.

The guy screwed up, but he worked it out with his wife. Sure, he has no credibility to thrash anyone for their marital mistakes. However, it's done and over. If his wife isn't still upset, why should I be?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:57 PM

156 posts, read 133,814 times
Ensign: HIS STANCE
Ensign campaigned as a social conservative. He called for President Bill Clinton's resignation over his affair with Monica Lewinsky, as well as a gay marriage ban.

Your A Typical right wing nut.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:59 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinNV View Post
*chuckle* I'm the furthest thing from a "liberal." I just think people should hold off on publicly castrating the guy until all the facts are out. Libelous remarks can be troublesome.

The guy screwed up, but he worked it out with his wife. Sure, he has no credibility to thrash anyone for their marital mistakes. However, it's done and over. If his wife isn't still upset, why should I be?

We will see how this one runs out...but anytime campaign funds and federal funds are involved it gets real tricky real fast.

Note that it was not remorse that made him go public...he could not afford the hush money.

Did he pay any hush money? Did he keep her on the job after the affair and after she quit working?

Nah this one was around to long. Better an intern in the hall.

There is going to be a trail and uncovered details.

John L. Smith in the RJ this AM hinted it was not the first incident.

He is toast..

Old 06-17-2009, 10:29 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,173,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinNV View Post
Clinton didn't resign, so why should Ensign? At least Ensign admitted to the affair, unlike Clinton, who committed perjury on that very issue.
Exactly. Plus Ensign did not demand Craig's resignation. Implied it might be a good idea, but did not demand.

Anyway, my prescription for the resurrection and climb to the top for Mr. Ensign is fairly simple.

1.) Defect to the Democrat party, where cheats are cheered.
2.) Act as an obstructionist. Run against Hairy for majority leader post.
3.) See the light, defect back to the Republican party in about a year. Attaboy!

Old 06-17-2009, 10:54 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Exactly. Plus Ensign did not demand Craig's resignation. Implied it might be a good idea, but did not demand.

Anyway, my prescription for the resurrection and climb to the top for Mr. Ensign is fairly simple.

1.) Defect to the Democrat party, where cheats are cheered.
2.) Act as an obstructionist. Run against Hairy for majority leader post.
3.) See the light, defect back to the Republican party in about a year. Attaboy!
Ensign...

“I came to that conclusion recently, and frankly it’s because of what he put his whole Cabinet through and what he has put the country through,” Ensign said Thursday, becoming the first member of the Nevada delegation to call for Clinton to quit. “He has no credibility left.”

"There's too many people that paint with a broad brush that we're all corrupt, we're all amoral. … And having these kinds of things happen, whether it's a Republican or Democratic senator — we certainly have had plenty of Democratic scandals in the past — we need people who are in office who will hold themselves to a little higher standard." [10/18/07]

Old 06-17-2009, 11:09 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
The hypocrisy of it all is that the left wants to say "what goes on behind closed doors" or "Clinton was just getting some" but when a Republican does it, it is the worst thing in the world.

The best part about the Christian thing is that it says you shouldn't do it and that is an acknowledgment that this has occurred for a long time. It is also far more than the Left says about it too.
Piggy Ensign was one of those who were making a noose for Clinton over HIS affair.....he screamed about how terrible Clinton was (JUST like Newtsie Gingrich who was screwing around as he was screeching "Lynch Clinton"!!)....he is a slimey , cheatin' . family hatin', ULTRA-Typical Hipocritical Republican...

Old 06-17-2009, 11:29 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,420,470 times
Senator Ensign admitted the affair was wrong and that should be the end of it. I am dissapointed that he resigned from his GOP leadership post because that means less influence for Nevada and I also believe that he is among the best senators in Washington. Senator Ensign is hardly a sleezball and is considered to be one of the most popular politicians in Nevada, certainly more popular than Senator Reid and Governor Gibbons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies