Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 05:17 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Yes I know... It's a different game now... Talk with many Iranians you'll be enlightened... You can chill out with the god comments I'm not claiming that you are. Everyone wants to be free and the policies that the Iranian government and the revolutionary guard are taking is not the right path. It's the path of oppression and standing with it would be like standing with the south in the civil war...
I'm not even going to bother answering this.

I have talked to plenty of Iranians. My parents are from Iran as is a majority of my family. I have a couple of relatives that are there right now. So pardon me when I get offended by your total ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 05:17 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:

So the government tells them to shut up and they should do so and lie down while they're at it.
Point me to which post of mine in this thread makes any such claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon

If we are with the people of Iran then we should say so.
NOT if saying so literally endangers their cause and their very lives. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon

Sure you can be war weary, we will always be war weary until you're not free anymore or everyone on the planet is. It's that simple. Freedom isn't free... The people want change and it's obviously by the millions marching...
Such lovely prose. ::Golf clap:: Massive kudos to those marching. Now shut up and stay out of their way so they can take back control of their country without interference from the biggest d*** wavers on the planet.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Thanks, Senator McCain. Thanks, Congressman Boehner. Thanks all you other bigmouth blowhards. Way to risk people's lives.

You really believe Iran's goveranmnt in blaming their currrent problems on the republicans? Do you live in a dream world where you thnik taht there has not been growing resisitence to the president and his blowhard rethoric. Yopu need to realise that Obama is now in charge and it seems they sense weakness and they are more willing to challenge his leadership than any changes in Iran's leadership really.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:19 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,860 times
Quote:
They're running a proxy war. They are in an intensive research program to create nuclear weapons. They oppress their people to the point of it being disgusting and they are in cahoots with another major thorn in the worlds side, North Korea. just like America the only way they will have freedom is if their people do it. freedom isn't free and they have to understand that. they also have to understand the world is behind them, like the other 7 nations that stood strong and called a spade a spade. We betrayed them by saying we don't want to "meddle." This as NK sets up another missile launching site...
Well even with a different regime in place, Iran would still probably pursue nuclear technology.. It is a nation of 70+ million people with an emerging economy - they need to get power from somewhere...

As for the U.S calling a spade a spade I think would be of little consequence to anything really. Globally, the U.S doesn't have as much influence anymore.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:19 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Now, I'm confused. Your taking at face value with credibility a statement from Iran accusing the US of "interventionist" statements that have not crossed obama's lips.

Obama has said nothing, other than he is "troubled".

See, the gullible and simpleminded fall into the trap that Iran has laid. They would have accused the US of meddling anyway, even though obama has really not said diddly-squat about the stolen election and the ensuing violence.

You've been played.
Obama feels he still has the power to negotiate with Iran and make them understand his point of view, Jimmy Carter style. His didn't work either. they don't get that this isn't a proxy that can be talked out. The regime in power now is waiting for the 12th Imam which, in the presidents eyes, takes huge civil unrest and major despair. Either way the president of Iran at this time doesn't feel this is the right way. The right way he thinks is to wipe Israel off the face of the map. If he thought this civil unrest was the right one he wouldn't be trying to silence it, he wouldn't be trying to end it or not give up power. He seems himself as a religious actor in the end times...

Old 06-17-2009, 05:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
John McCain, John Boehner et al are not diplomats. They're not in the Cabinet. They're not Secretary of State. Their big fat mouths are jeopardizing the very lives of the protesters. They need to sit down and shut the hell up.
How utterly preposterous. Nations that value democracy and fair and free elections have a duty to speak out against corruption and violence while people peaceably protest the stealing of elections.

You're saying they should not have protested. That is their right to protest such a blatant attempt of a political coup.

No one said anything until it was clear that bambam was going to sit on his hands with his finger up his butt, letting other nations step into the role that the US has historically played - speaking out in the face of tyrants and dictators.

Yet here you sit, laying blame on those that have said his response is inadequate, when in fact it is the Iranian regime that deserves the blame - they are the ones killing and beating protesters.

You have become a mouthpiece to spread their propaganda.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:22 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Well even with a different regime in place, Iran would still probably pursue nuclear technology.. It is a nation of 70+ million people with an emerging economy - they need to get power from somewhere...
That's fine and a regime that didn't want nuclear bombs would be more than happy to have help creating nuclear power and allow IAEA inspections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
As for the U.S calling a spade a spade I think would be of little consequence to anything really. Globally, the U.S doesn't have as much influence anymore.
That might be true alone but when it's with 7 of the biggest and most powerful nations on earth it's the much needed nail.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:22 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post

You really believe Iran's goveranmnt in blaming their currrent problems on the republicans? Do you live in a dream world where you thnik taht there has not been growing resisitence to the president and his blowhard rethoric. Yopu need to realise that Obama is now in charge and it seems they sense weakness and they are more willing to challenge his leadership than any changes in Iran's leadership really.
Fascinating. You seem to be of the exact opposite opinion regarding Obama's handling of this situation from everyone else on your side. Which is it; Obama's a blowhard spewing rhetoric or he's a coward for not speaking out more forcefully?

Old 06-17-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
The right way he thinks is to wipe Israel off the face of the map. If he thought this civil unrest was the right one he wouldn't be trying to silence it, he wouldn't be trying to end it or not give up power. He seems himself as a religious actor in the end times...
The same guy who said that Ahmadinejad said nuclear weapons are a thing of the past and didn't help the Soviet Union from going bust. He says alot of things based on the feeling of the moment. Besides, he has about as much power in Iran as Obama does and that isn't a helluva lot.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
That's fine and a regime that didn't want nuclear bombs would be more than happy to have help creating nuclear power and allow IAEA inspections.

That might be true alone but when it's with 7 of the biggest and most powerful nations on earth it's the much needed nail.
They have allowed IAEA inspectors in... Has Israel allowed this? I see a huge double standard here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies