Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 07:30 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

and this tax assessment covers the costs for your UHC?

" Published Date: 10 June 2009
THE NHS is facing its biggest financial challenge yet, with a £15 billion funding shortfall in the next decade, a report said today.
The NHS Confederation, which represents 90 per cent of all NHS organisations, said the next two years were "tough but manageable" but said "the position beyond 2010/11 is very different and challenging".
Its report said the service should expect a funding shortfall of £15 billion in real terms due to the recession and rising costs"
http://news.scotsman.com/healthofthe...-by.5350809.jp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 07:35 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
In our country $180 weekly would get you services for free, and EIC tax credit for taxes you haven't paid. It looks like Britain demands more from their lower paid wrokers than the US will. This is one of th econserns about UHC in the US: we won't have enough people paying into the system so the middle class will be in worse shape than if we leave the system alone.
I put down £180 per week a a example..the figure is up to £110 per week is tax free. This is in pounds not Dollars. In Dollars its about $180 that you can earn up to without paying ANY tax for health.
Remember that this tax p[aid in the UK is not JUST for health it is for ALL of the welfare benefits...Pensions, Unemployment, Sickness benefit and so on and so on.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:37 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Did you NOT read my posts?
You are taxed individually. That is even better for you as you will individually pay much less. Look at the tax chart. I can only show you examples, i can't come and do your tax returns for you ... lol
There are to many things on the tax chart that I do not know what they are talking about.. Such as, Class 2 rate, Employees’ contracted-out rebate, Class 3 rate, Upper accruals point.

So without knowing what they mean how can I come up with the correct numbers?

Old 06-21-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
and this tax assessment covers the costs for your UHC?

" Published Date: 10 June 2009
THE NHS is facing its biggest financial challenge yet, with a £15 billion funding shortfall in the next decade, a report said today.
The NHS Confederation, which represents 90 per cent of all NHS organisations, said the next two years were "tough but manageable" but said "the position beyond 2010/11 is very different and challenging".
Its report said the service should expect a funding shortfall of £15 billion in real terms due to the recession and rising costs"
Health service sickened by £15bn funding black hole - Scotsman.com News
This Tax Covers ALL of the UHC payments AND Old age Pensions AND Sickness benefits AND Unemployment benefit AND Housing benefit AND much much more.
These kind of articles were being written before i was even born but the NHS is still going strong. I only believe what i experience NOT what these shortfall "predictions" say. A lot of times it is scare tactics to try to get the Govt to dish out more money.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
No no....OUR tax bracket charts
Do YOU have a tax chart for your Health System?

Old 06-21-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Did you NOT read my posts?
You are taxed individually. That is even better for you as you will individually pay much less. Look at the tax chart. I can only show you examples, i can't come and do your tax returns for you ... lol
And, I have not asked you to do my tax return for me. Just how much my wife and I would pay for UHC based on the numbers I gave you.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
And, I have not asked you to do my tax return for me. Just how much my wife and I would pay for UHC based on the numbers I gave you.
You have the tax guide in front of you. The Exchange rate used to be around 1.8 dollars to the pound. it is now about 1.6 Dollars to the pound but it is rising and i should imagine it will return to around 1.8 again

Old 06-21-2009, 07:49 AM

geeoro, I'm not saying we don't need to do something here about paying for healthcare, I'm just not sure of the way to do it.

We have to many dead beats in this country...sorry but it's true...

Old 06-21-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
You have the tax guide in front of you. The Exchange rate used to be around 1.8 dollars to the pound. it is now about 1.6 Dollars to the pound but it is rising and i should imagine it will return to around 1.8 again
I am beginning to get the feeling here that you have no idea what it really cost.

Did you read where I told you there were things on your chart that I did not understand what they are? And If I don't understand them how do I know if I am doing it correct?

Old 06-21-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
geeoro, I'm not saying we don't need to do something here about paying for healthcare, I'm just not sure of the way to do it.

We have to many dead beats in this country...sorry but it's true...
There are deadbeats in every Country but that should NOT be a reason for not giving great Healthcare to ALL good Americans. So you are letting Deadbeats dictate how you run your health service because YOU are paying for these Deadbeats right now. The Deadbeats are the ones who go into a Emergency room get treatment or even get funded for treatment and YOU pay for them anyway. Not having a properly funded UHC means that it isn't just Illegals and Deadbeats that you are paying for as you are now.
By the way there is NO CO-PAY on the NHS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies