Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 11:21 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
This is the LAST STRAW. I would vote for anyone, up to and including a ham sandwhich before I ever vote for Obama in 2012.

Today, Obama signed the single most fascist piece of legislation since the Patriot Act. An anti-smoking bill which bans any flavor in tobacco, including my cloves!

Washington's Marlboro Men - WSJ.com

What the hell! I mean, is it bad for me? YES, I KNOW. Do I smoke in front of people who don't smoke? NO. So, as an adult, I am no longer allowed to do with my body what I want to do with my body. Thanks, Mein Furher, for running my life better then I can run it

I mean, America has an epidemic of obesity that is killing people left and right...so, why doesn't Obama ban the flavor chocolate? Why stop with kreteks?

The whole thing is absurd and really has got me angry. And no, I AM STILL NOT QUITTING! IF ANYTHING, THIS LAW MAKES ME WANNA SMOKE MORE OUT OF SPITE!

I will either A) buy them from the internet where I am sure I can get them on there somewhere from Canada or something, because the law does not effect imports or B), buy pipe tobacco and add spices and roll my own damn cloves.

And you know, people are saying how great it is to have a "pro-choice" president who respects a woman's right to a choose...but what about MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE how the hell I want to poison my body!?

KEEP YOUR LAWS OF OF MY BODY AND OUT OF MY LUNGS!

I am 27, black, and from the blue state of New Jersey, and there is no way in hell I would ever vote for this Fascist piece of human filth ever again.

Wow, after all MAO-bama has done to destroy America, this person is upset over clove ciggaretts bieng banned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 11:24 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
AMEN!

I am not sure if I made a mistake because McCain was an idiot, and it was a case of "damned if you don't, damned if you do", but if the choice was Huckabee or Obama, I would vote for Huckabee in a heart beat and the same probably for Romney.
I wasnt that fond of McCain nor Palin but I knew this was going to be like this with Obama so I had to take one and vote for McCain.

I have spoken to quite a few that voted for Obama and arent going to again. So you arent alone.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:39 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,248,191 times
Quote:
This is the LAST STRAW. I would vote for anyone, up to and including a ham sandwhich before I ever vote for Obama in 2012.

Today, Obama signed the single most fascist piece of legislation since the Patriot Act. An anti-smoking bill which bans any flavor in tobacco, including my cloves!

What the hell! I mean, is it bad for me? YES, I KNOW. Do I smoke in front of people who don't smoke? NO. So, as an adult, I am no longer allowed to do with my body what I want to do with my body. Thanks, Mein Furher, for running my life better then I can run it

I mean, America has an epidemic of obesity that is killing people left and right...so, why doesn't Obama ban the flavor chocolate? Why stop with kreteks?

The whole thing is absurd and really has got me angry. And no, I AM STILL NOT QUITTING! IF ANYTHING, THIS LAW MAKES ME WANNA SMOKE MORE OUT OF SPITE!

I will either A) buy them from the internet where I am sure I can get them on there somewhere from Canada or something, because the law does not effect imports or B), buy pipe tobacco and add spices and roll my own damn cloves.

And you know, people are saying how great it is to have a "pro-choice" president who respects a woman's right to a choose...but what about MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE how the hell I want to poison my body!?

I am 27, black, and from the blue state of New Jersey, and there is no way in hell I would ever vote for this Fascist piece of human filth ever again.
Who cares if you're Black and will not vote for Obama? Your race could have gone without saying... particularly since your reasons are race-neutral.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:44 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
The actual language of the bill bans any and all flavor of cigarret other then menthol (which taste like what computer vomit would taste like if computers could vomit)
computer vomit? WTF are you talking about? I hate the smell of cloves, they make me want to vomit, like a human, not a computer.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:46 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:

I have to give you credit for standing up for what you believe in. That's what makes us American's, and we do our "standing up" at the ballot box. Reps to you!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:49 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:

It's funny how the liberals are all up in arms about any kind of cigarettes but would support smoking all the dope you want.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It's funny how the liberals are all up in arms about any kind of cigarettes but would support smoking all the dope you want.
Assumptions get you nowhere. I'm a liberal, I smoke AND I want pot to be legal.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:52 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Regarding your race and who you vote for, I DO think it is relevant. Why? Because I highly doubt anyone can come up with a substantial resource indicating that young, black individuals voted for John McCain enmasse. So to me, it is interesting to hear the opposition given that most black folks likely did vote for Obama.

Granted this is exit polling data, it still gives a decent example of what i'm saying:

Exit Polls - Election Results 2008 - The New York Times

95% voted for Obama, which makes it all that more compelling hearing the opinion of a black individual who has now changed his/her mind.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:01 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,961 times
Quote:
Because everyone assumes that all black people are Obama's lemmings, that's why.
Um ... not all blacks voted for the current dingbat-n-chief .. I have several very good black friends that couldn't trust him farther than they could throw him even before the election.

If you really want to know the main body that voted for the Nobama man? All you have to do is look around at all of those 20 something ill-informed and emotional liberal white folks ... you know the ones I'm talking about ... they sit on the computer and play games all day and wouldn't know a real job if one were to byte them in the butt.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:03 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Assumptions get you nowhere. I'm a liberal, I smoke AND I want pot to be legal.
Well said ..

This independent voter supports you 100% ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies